Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FIXED] Gen 20 [Guardians] Can't reach Avelin

newbie009newbie009
Mabinogi Rep: 240
edited May 7, 2018 in Archived Bugs

I found this Youtube Video what has been experiencing same issue with me.

need to talk to Avelin in front of Avalon Gate, but there's invisible wall to reach her.

is there more having same problem with me or that giant player??
FigtherlNguyenskyKamauMalibarry

Comments

• KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Forwarded
    Malibarry
  • ChatlooChatloo
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    edited April 10, 2018
    What is the issue?
    For the quest 'Guardians' in G20 at Scathach Beach; after discovering the Avalon Gate, the required NPC to speak to (Avelin) is completely inaccessible. She (and Altam) are on a small hill (one that is not steep enough to not allow players to manually climb) that is blocked off by an invisible wall. By watching videos of G20 I assume player characters are supposed to be teleported next to Avelin after discovering the gate.

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?
    Remove the invisible wall.
    or
    Properly teleport player characters after discovering the gate.
    And for players already experiencing this issue, allow them another chance to be properly be teleported to the NPC.

What do you expect to happen instead?
    To easily have access to NPCs in order to progress in campaign content; to be teleported when necessary and not to be blocked off by an invisible wall from NPCs that players need to talk to.

IGN: Hayi
    Server: Alexina

14o6hrs.jpg

https://youtube.com/watch?v=06kz4M-YNjo

Things I have tried:
    - changing channels/relogging/restarting game.
    - finding an alternate route up the hill.
    - rediscovering the gate (entering and exiting Avalon).

I have encountered 4 other players in a small time span with the same issue.
    Hopefully this can get fixed soon as it is needed to finish G20 (and to get Divine Link).

Riceandcurry
  • ZengZeng
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    edited April 10, 2018
    The guardians quest on G20 is currently bugged on step 6. Talk to Avelin at the East Scathach Beach Springs, there is an impassable wall around Avelin and Altam making it impossible to actually talk to them. I looked up old video walkthroughs and they can walk up the area to where Avelin and Altam are standing just fine and this issue doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all anywhere else so I imagine it must have just been broken recently.

Please fix this ASAP, I would really like to be able to continue with the generation quests.
    Riceandcurry
  • ZengZeng
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    Yep I am also having this exact same problem right now... would really appreciate a quick fix T.T
    Riceandcurry
  • BullhatBullhat
    Mabinogi Rep: 110
    Just ran into this problem. Gonna submit a ticket soon.
    Riceandcurry
  • AmeliaLavoieAmeliaLavoie
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    I have this problem as well :( I'm down for them to just bump me past the entire story for free while giving me the benefits.. I'm about to tear my hair out as it is.
    Riceandcurry
  • FigtherlFigtherl
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    i'm also having this problem. human not giant. pls help
    Riceandcurry
  • caiokaiocaiokaio
    edited April 17, 2018
    do not talk to avelin in the last part of the mission guardians, could they correct this bug? thankful
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Fixed!