Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Little Orphan Alyn Event

Comments

• NomikiNomiki
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    How do you get the portrait from Hans? All I got from him was my own portrait.
  • NomikiNomiki
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Nevermind. I forgot to read a part.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Kemaly wrote: »
    The event sounds cute to me :)

Cute? Cute!?!? The girl gets abandoned by her parents... She still thinks that her parents will come back and you need to play dumb and say nothing about them not coming back. Meanwhile, you are teaching her easy, silly stuff to do and make her believe that gathering 15 eggs will make her Master Chef which will make her parents come back quicker.
    This is the darkest and most depressing event in Mabinogi history. We always used to have innocent events and now we got this all of sudden... lol.

"Who are you? Mama told me to never tlak to strangers"
    *Says "Do you want to play?"

What in the deepest seven levels of Tir Na Nog?

"Mama told me to never talk to strangers"

*literally 1 minute later*

"You will help me right? We are best friend now. You are Alyn's best friend!"

And yet if you try to give her a present, she says she's not supposed to accept gifts from strangers.

She still sees you as a stranger, after all.
  • IceFang027IceFang027
    I'm trying to gather 5 balls of wool. However, even after I gather 5 it doesn't update the quest saying I have gathered 5. Could I please get assistance.
  • MorikoMoriko
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    She had to be a temporary partner T_T I want to collect eggs together with her, not instead of her. What kind of teaching is that?
    YangKoeteValdumPeloiOneConfusedMilletian
  • KemalyKemaly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Kemaly wrote: »
    The event sounds cute to me :)

Cute? Cute!?!? The girl gets abandoned by her parents... She still thinks that her parents will come back and you need to play dumb and say nothing about them not coming back. Meanwhile, you are teaching her easy, silly stuff to do and make her believe that gathering 15 eggs will make her Master Chef which will make her parents come back quicker.
    This is the darkest and most depressing event in Mabinogi history. We always used to have innocent events and now we got this all of sudden... lol.

I guess I should have said it sounds like an interesting and enjoyable story lol. I was just trying to say that I think it's not "another event not worth doing." without starting anything.

It is pretty sad that her parents left such a nice kid like her. I'm hoping we'll figure out why. Maybe they actually left her to keep her safe or something.
    PeloiYangKoete
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Moriko wrote: »
    She had to be a temporary partner T_T I want to collect eggs together with her, not instead of her. What kind of teaching is that?

the sad part is the framework was there for all of this. i would have been fine with a temporary, event-only partner, similar to the temp Street Sweeper event pet.
    MorikoYangKoeteOneConfusedMilletianTwelie
  • StarrieStarrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    So I'm trying to do the second music quest for the event, and it isn't giving me the completion for running the daily shadow mission. I had already run my daily shadow mission prior to doing the event quest. Does this mean I can only get the completion if I haven't run the daily yet and still have that quest? I'm so confused right now.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Starrie wrote: »
    So I'm trying to do the second music quest for the event, and it isn't giving me the completion for running the daily shadow mission. I had already run my daily shadow mission prior to doing the event quest. Does this mean I can only get the completion if I haven't run the daily yet and still have that quest? I'm so confused right now.
    have a friend who has the same issue ^
    @Katherz do you or any of the nexon team know anything about this?
    if there is no fix, many players can miss out on a whole day of the event without knowing which is really not fair :'c
    so may need another note on the announcement telling players to complete the event quest first before any daily shadow mission
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited April 21, 2018
    Katherz wrote: »
    The quests are daily. Alyn says it when you pick which skill to focus on :3

Does the quest reset at the server reset, or clock reset? Because I'm not getting any quest today. But I cleared friday's quest past 12AM, but before server reset.
  • StarrieStarrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Daktaro wrote: »
    Starrie wrote: »
    have a friend who has the same issue ^
    @Katherz do you or any of the nexon team know anything about this?
    if there is no fix, many players can miss out on a whole day of the event without knowing which is really not fair :'c
    so may need another note on the announcement telling players to complete the event quest first before any daily shadow mission

it reset my quest from yesterday so now I have to go talk to Rua again ;-;
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    IceFang027 wrote: »
    I'm trying to gather 5 balls of wool. However, even after I gather 5 it doesn't update the quest saying I have gathered 5. Could I please get assistance.

I'm having the same issue, the wool isn't counting??
  • lilblkroselilblkrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,115
    Giegue wrote: »
    Are you able to get all of the secondary titles? I wouldn't wanna be locked out of one due to not knowing.

I'm curious on this too, I decided to do cooking first, but I want the Royal Guard's Title and just thought about this;
  • The_DoofThe_Doof
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    Sherri wrote: »
    IceFang027 wrote: »

I'm having the same issue, the wool isn't counting??

I got mine to work after a few tries
    I had to specifically use a gather knife (bought it from Nirys before testing) on the normal sheep in Dunbarton
    Sherri
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I just sheared the hanbok sheeptuplet (with a gathering knife, of course). Didn't feel like going miles out of my way to find a sheep npc :u

Also wanna know how the secondary titles work. I'm guessing I should alternate equally between the three questlines to get Miss Match?
    OneConfusedMilletian
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You probably get the miss match title after doing all three 5 times and do the quest that comes afterwards.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    is it normal to have to gather eggs for fraser 2 times? I'm doing a different quest every time, and today was the 2nd time for fraser, which was basically the same as the first time. also, the quest said child, while the music quest said teen? do these age specifications mean anything?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    is it normal to have to gather eggs for fraser 2 times? I'm doing a different quest every time, and today was the 2nd time for fraser, which was basically the same as the first time. also, the quest said child, while the music quest said teen? do these age specifications mean anything?

Yeah It's normal, i already did Chef dream.
    nevyn25
  • xpotatoxxpotatox
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    So I focus on Alyn's honorable dream all the way till the end and now she is a royal guard. How do work towards her other dreams now? Or is it too late ?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 24, 2018
    xpotatox wrote: »
    So I focus on Alyn's honorable dream all the way till the end and now she is a royal guard. How do work towards her other dreams now? Or is it too late ?

You will continue to do other dream (culinary or artistic) like nothing happened, so you are fine, don't worry :)
    xpotatoxlilblkroseOneConfusedMilletian