Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan Testing

EncrovianEncrovian
Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
in General Chat
Why Dan 3 mag test gotta be so hard? Nvr found something so hard. I imagine that it must be the hardest dan test AND it only makes mag go up in 20% increments. So lame~ What do y'all think is the hardest dan test?

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Healing dan 3 :(
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I personally think all Dan tests are hard. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get Dan 1. . 3.'
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    YangKoete wrote: »
    I personally think all Dan tests are hard. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get Dan 1. . 3.'

A lot of them are stupidly easy, but holy crap dan 3 mag is next level crap.
    Encrovian
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    If only mag wouldnt miss...

Can we get rid of the % altogether? Shouldn't EVERY ranged attacks have a % system then?
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Heavy RNG elements like points from Crit should not be in place. Players can use their archery acumen to judge when and where to release a shot, but needing critical hits to pass is idiotic.

Dans like Healing 3 are too much proof that not a single ounce of play testing was done.
    JazmynDaktaroCrimsọn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Heavy RNG elements like points from Crit should not be in place. Players can use their archery acumen to judge when and where to release a shot, but needing critical hits to pass is idiotic.

Dans like Healing 3 are too much proof that not a single ounce of play testing was done.

RNG shouldn't be a part of dan tests. Getting strings of crits isn't skill.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh this thread... Hi there.
    Crimsọn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Greta wrote: »
    General Kenobi Greta.

And yes, we need to complain about dan tests at least once a month, probably more though.
  • GretaGreta
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    General Kenobi Greta.

And yes, we need to complain about dan tests at least once a month, probably more though.

Kenobi? Star Wars? Ew... It wasn't even a one month thing anyway lmao. I guess you implied that yourself.
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

RNG shouldn't be a part of dan tests. Getting strings of crits isn't skill.

I wouldn't say archery is that terrible with aim percentages, and would require a complete revamp of the talent, which I doubt many overall would want to, since it has been around forever. Once a playerbase gets accustomed to it, the most you'll get is new skills and small peaks, not a complete overhaul.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Dan 3 healing was easy. Just don't use the wand. Magnum shot, assault slash, defense, and tons of others are waaaay too RNG based. Magnum shot is terrible on humans.
    edited May 6, 2018
    Maia wrote: »
    Dan 3 healing was easy. Just don't use the wand. Magnum shot, assault slash, defense, and tons of others are waaaay too RNG based. Magnum shot is terrible on humans.

Oh, so you got the 1.5 second magnum as well to deal with on top of all of this?

That's complete BS, honestly.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 6, 2018
    I still can't figure out how to succeed in Counterattack and Defense. I did Dan 3 on them (barely) and thinking about getting Dan 2 or even 1 is out of my league. It seems fully RNG based, but the worst part is that monsters will never behave the way i need them to, they always do the opposite of what i need. FML.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    For Blacksmithing Dan, you apparantly need to have your music skills ranked too. Or at least March Song, Song, and Harvest Song. I managed to get Dan 3 without them, but only just. Since music skills don't stack and you're timed, I wonder if it would be better to do March or Harvest....Doing both seems like a waste of time.

At any rate, I really think smithing should just be about smithing and not also music.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited May 6, 2018
    For Blacksmithing Dan, you apparantly need to have your music skills ranked too. Or at least March Song, Song, and Harvest Song. I managed to get Dan 3 without them, but only just. Since music skills don't stack and you're timed, I wonder if it would be better to do March or Harvest....Doing both seems like a waste of time.

At any rate, I really think smithing should just be about smithing and not also music.

I'd be more surprised that you got to rank 1 Blacksmithing without rank 1 Harvest Song and so forth.

Wowzers.
    ShouKWolfandWolf
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735

Why do you even need March Song?? It's not necessary at all. You only need Harvest Song. And blacksmithing dan is so easy that even without Harvest Song, it's doable.

What even are you doing ranking life skills without Harvest Song though lul That should be like one of the basic steps before ranking stuff that need success rates buff.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Smithing dan was in fact doable without any music. Harvest song does help though
    WolfandWolf
  • CharkraCharkra
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    oh
    Letrie
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 7, 2018
    ShouK wrote: »

Why do you even need March Song?? It's not necessary at all. You only need Harvest Song. And blacksmithing dan is so easy that even without Harvest Song, it's doable.

What even are you doing ranking life skills without Harvest Song though lul That should be like one of the basic steps before ranking stuff that need success rates buff.

You do realize Harvest Song hasn't always existed in the game right? I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from being condescending towards those of us who couldn't predict the future when we were ranking life skills.

Maia wrote: »
    Smithing dan was in fact doable without any music. Harvest song does help though

Oh sweet. Thank you, that's good to know!

Iyasenu wrote: »

I'd be more surprised that you got to rank 1 Blacksmithing without rank 1 Harvest Song and so forth.

Wowzers.

Thank you. You're very kind.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Dan 3 Defense has been eating away at my gold. I've blown about 3m on it so far. Why do these tests have to be so focused on RNG rather than actually being skillful?
    WolfandWolf