Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Phoenix Egg Event

ImaizumiImaizumi
Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
in Help
Do I need to afk 10 IRL hours for the egg to incubate properly? Or do I just need to receive my egg 10 IRL hours before it hatches? Also does incubating and such even matter in terms of my odds of getting the new pet/title? I don't really care for the rest of the random items you can get from the boxes. Thanks for any answers.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited May 10, 2018
    This is how it works
    As time passes the bar on the egg begins to fill up and the flame inside the egg will grow bigger.

- The egg must sit in a player's inventory for 10 hours of real life time to reach full incubation.
    - 600 Incubation Points is the maximum points. Generally 60 Incubation Points are earned every hour starting from 0 Points.
    - Full incubation is not needed for Phoenix's Gift coupon.
    - When the coupon is used the player will receive a reward.
    - Logging off does not affect the egg's status, nor its hatching at the scheduled time. However, you will only receive one Phoenix's Gift instead of two if you are not online at the time of hatching.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 10, 2018
    "Properly", yes you need to be logged in for 10 hours IRL; not necessarily AFK, you can do other things in-game. As for the pet and the title coupon, I'm not sure if there is a higher chance of receiving them based on box type; however the Regular Box does appear to have more items to draw from, so I am assuming your chance is lower if you went with that one. No telling for sure though, since the rates are not posted.

If the player is online when the egg hatches at 7 PM PDT, 2 Phoenix's Gift coupons will be received.
    If the player is offline when the egg hatches, 1 Phoenix's Gift coupon will be rewarded.

Incubation Points that determine what your Phoenix's Gift coupon will contain and are acquired by staying logged in (If I am understanding it correctly):
    0 - 119 = 3 Phoenix Feathers
    120 - 299 = 3 Phoenix Feathers + Regular Phoenix Gift Box (2017)
    300 - 600 = 3 Party Phoenix Feathers + Fine Phoenix Gift Box (2017)
    600 + Campfire + Successful Music = 3 Party Phoenix Feathers + Finest Phoenix Gift Box (2017) + Title: The Phoenix's Witness

Also, according to the wiki, in order to receive a Finest Phoenix Gift Box (2017), the egg must have both the music and the campfire effect. Even if you just stay logged in to collect 600 points, if the egg does not have both effects, only a Fine Phoenix Gift Box (2017) will be given.

Wiki Page for 2017 Event
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 10, 2018
    10 Hours is too damn much, even if I am at work all day. Not to mention the time limit coupled with logging in.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 10, 2018
    I hate this event with passion. The worst part is that i was thinking about this event few days ago and i said to myself as i was thinking: "People complain about needing to wait 2 hours for 6 flower bouquet's, but they forgot Phoenix Egg Event which required you to afk for a whole day and you still get crap rewards." I guess i jinxed it rofl.
    ImaizumicourtneyyBlissfulkillsypnosisLeineiIyasenuAeolysCDMaril
    Greta wrote: »
    I hate this event with passion. The worst part is that i was thinking about this event few days ago and i said to myself as i was thinking: "People complain about needing to wait 2 hours for 6 flower bouquet's, but they forgot Phoenix Egg Event which required you to afk for a whole day and you still get crap rewards." I guess i jinxed it rofl.

When you thought of it too in relation to the Flower Event. :/

Guess we both jinxed it.
    On a separate note, shopping bags, yes? Finally. Something good happens to my wallet.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Meh, I'm not doing the Egg event.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited May 10, 2018
    Yeahhh I don't think I can afk for 10 hours... Cheers to RNG I guess then. Thanks for the replies guys and gals. And yes on that separate note it's nice to have shopping bags again even if I don't like the new shopping bag enough to even buy it in game unless it was dirt cheap.
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750

What annoys me even more is the fixed hatching time at which you can't reasonably expect Europeans (3-5am) and Oceanians (work/school hours) to be logged in; effectively ensuring they can't get the second coupon.
    GretaLynwalkpeloisanIyasenuAeolysCDMarilImaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Beryl wrote: »

What annoys me even more is the fixed hatching time at which you can't reasonably expect Europeans (3-5am) and Oceanians (work/school hours) to be logged in; effectively ensuring they can't get the second coupon.

ALSO THIS... Dam feels.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wow, they still haven't changed it from 10 hours for the full prize.

I hate that aspect of this event...

Not even an event quest to guarantee a prize for... say, taking care of the phoenix egg 5/10/15/20 times or something, it's just all random gift box prizes.
    Imaizumi
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Not even an event quest to guarantee a prize for... say, taking care of the phoenix egg 5/10/15/20 times or something, it's just all random gift box prizes.

That's a great idea!! You should make it a suggestion in 'Feedback and Suggestions'. Maybe they would add such a quest in the future.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Is it ten hours to fully incubate the egg and hatch time is fixed at 7P pacific, where it automatically hatches? When did the maintenance to install this event finish? Correct my math if it is wrong, but doesn't that mean that for the first day of this event it's actually impossible to fully incubate the first egg?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Phoenix Egg Hatching Event, same old mechanics since 2012.

It is almost as if the only thing the devs have control of is the prize pool... lets face it, that's probably the case.
    THICCthighssavelives