Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Phoenix Egg Hatching Event

CDMarilCDMaril
Mabinogi Rep: 990
edited May 10, 2018 in General Chat
Seriously , 10 real hours really too much for just a daily event.
  1. Should Nexon reduce the 10 hours to 2 hours81 votes
    1. Yes (10 hours is ridiculouly long)
       85% (69 votes)
    2. No
       9% (7 votes)
    3. No Comments
       6% (5 votes)

Comments

• LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Gonna do the 10hr once for that 1st title, and just go 5hrs from there for the Fine box, since that offers better rewards out of all three...

They could at least give us tasks to shorten the time or offer points!
    peloisan
  • CDMarilCDMaril
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    edited May 10, 2018
    i cant believe some people actually voted No. Like share the opinions you guys have?
    BlissfulkillpeloisanKrissyPootelImaizumipawcalypse
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    If only Mabi was a cryptominer. fdJ4bXC.png
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    10 hours for an rng box :DDDDDDD
    CrimsọnpeloisanKrissyPootelpawcalypselilblkroseMhacxk
  • AavaAava
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,085
    Sure love leaving my computer on for 10 hours during the summer 8D..
    KrissyPootelRadiant DawnvioletkittTheDumbOnepeloisanKiruahpawcalypse
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    it's 1 point per minute lol.

No one can get to 600 points today because the server went live at 9AM and we had EXACTLY 10 hours until 7PM.

This is just about the rudest thing
    LongSlyImaizumi
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    This is probably one of the worst events I've come across
    LongSlyPaquinitorImaizumipawcalypse
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    2 hours is still too much.
    LongSlyImaizumipawcalypse
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    o.o I got 600 points in and I logged in 15mins before scheduled the maintenance time
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The pet has a 2x2 storage space.

jMeSdgN.png

Picture Courtesy of Rydian.
    JazmynArjuneLongSlyBronzebreakTHICCthighssavelivesCrimsọnRadiant Dawnnajee508Sheenapeloisanand 9 others.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The pet has a 2x2 storage space.

jMeSdgN.png

Picture Courtesy of Rydian.

That's... technically better than all the other "Mini Pets", but pfft.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 10, 2018
    people got the 2nd title coupon in just the regular box.... seems the rates are just as decent in all boxes so even if you can't get the finest box you have chance for the good things

mini thunder birb has a 2 x 2 inventory xD it's hilarious. I want one

now if you want the phoenix witness title then by all means at least try to get all the points once... but after that you can technically be lazy if you don't have the time
    Nemesis wrote: »

No one can get to 600 points today because the server went live at 9AM and we had EXACTLY 10 hours until 7PM.

Then how did I get 600 points?
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    edited May 10, 2018
    So is it necessary to hang around campfires for the whole 10 hours though?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 10, 2018
    violetkitt wrote: »
    So is it necessary to hang around campfires for the whole 10 hours though?

no you only need to sit at a campfire for around 3 minutes. when you move away from the fire or stand up you should see white font on the screen that says "you can feel warmth coming from the egg" or something similar

then you only need to play music 1-2 times or until you see text on the screen "the phoenix is dancing around in the egg"

you can tell you've done both properly if the border of the egg is bright red like the picture here: (flame size is based on the 600 points)

efftggdff.png

LongSlypeloisanCDMarilImaizumipawcalypse
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    dowie wrote: »

This and the sweep event, I will never let go of that sweep event for being one of the worst events to ever come out of mabi.
    YangKoetePaquinitorImaizumipawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 10, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    people got the 2nd title coupon in just the regular box.... seems the rates are just as decent in all boxes so even if you can't get the finest box you have chance for the good things

mini thunder birb has a 2 x 2 inventory xD it's hilarious. I want one

now if you want the phoenix witness title then by all means at least try to get all the points once... but after that you can technically be lazy if you don't have the time

Then how did I get 600 points?

Maintenance generally ends earlier than listed these days.
    LongSly
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited May 10, 2018

Maybe not today but they can in other days. Once the egg hatches for that day, you immediately get another, so you have bit of an early start to get the 10hrs.
    Ruinitive wrote: »
    dowie wrote: »

This and the sweep event, I will never let go of that sweep event for being one of the worst events to ever come out of mabi.

At least you did something in the sweep event, even if it was heavily repetitive... arguably made the server more active than most idle events.
    Arjune wrote: »
    ...then you only need to play music 1-2 times or until you see text on the screen "the phoenix is dancing around in the egg"

You have to Play Instrument successfully (even if the skill says you fail between a Score's Difficulty and Instrument rank) for it to effect the egg. Think along the lines of playing music for your HS crops; regardless what the skills says at the end of a song, if the time decreased that's a success equal to the egg. Doesn't have to be perfectly played, but has to have few to no mistakes from start to finish. Only have to do it successfully once per egg.

Just glad we don't have to keep renewing campfires or excessively crowd Tents by generous players. Just have to be in there for 3 minutes and can go AFK somewhere else (for me my HS) so there's at least a spot open for someone else since Tents last as long as the player who placed them is online and in the same channel (and if they're not passworded...).
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Oof. Just oof. That's all I can say.

I'm sort of exhausted with rushed events.
  • NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Oof. Just oof. That's all I can say.

I'm sort of exhausted with rushed events.

This event wasn't rushed. It was just recycled out of Mabinogi's past events
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I voted no simply because this isn't the first time this event came out. It comes out every single year. So I just expect it now. Plus I personally don't mind leaving my computer on. I just do other things. Like go to work, watch videos, read etc,