Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet AI Revamping

SuperNubSuperNub
Mabinogi Rep: 420
edited May 13, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
The way a player goes about tweaking a custom pet AI is awfully limiting. The UI is very friendly and easy to use. However, it lacks any 'advanced' statements since it really only features 'andif'.

From what I see, players aren't exactly using pets to their full potential and reduce them to either beasts of burden or dumb meatshields when they should be able to use their full range of abilities. Adding something as bare as an 'else' statement would do wonders, especially since it would also make the friendly UI much less cluttered when trying to make a Pet AI more complex.

*Edit 2*: I didn't specify what I'd like to see added in the future: else statement.

So that a single 'Behavior' or reaction can be elaborated upon instead of having to use multiple instances of the same behavior to cover the same ground it could in a single instance.

*Edit* I got rid of the poll as it didn't really matter.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    well partners are a bit more advanced. you can talk to them, give them outfits, and have them gather stuff with you. your actions will determine how they feel about you. we currently have 5 partners. 1 maid partner, 1 butler partner, 2 commerce partners, and 1 music partner. they are similar to pets just with a more advanced AI and they rarely go on sale.
  • SuperNubSuperNub
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    I appreciate the reply but its really off the mark here.

Partners aren't pets and the default ai is not the Pet AI or related to it. The point I wanted to get across wasn't about making the default Pet AI more 'advanced'. It was about giving more statement options to the Pet AI Editor.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You add pet skills to hotkeys and set them to command only and shift click what you want them to do.
    Works in every Phantasm speed run ive seen.
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    I'd like to see the pet AI improved and better documentation on the AI instructions. As it stands, I've seen my pets do pretty silly stuff in battle.

I've tried to create a cross-over AI, where my pet would cut off from battle to heal me when my HP is low, with little to no success. Sometimes they just follow me around while they're attacked or they ignore me all together and just get killed.

I know it's not precisely on subject, but I'd like to be able to edit my characters AI, so that it would preform better in auto-battle mode. Just whacking at the enemy doesn't cut it.
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    As to putting their skills on hot buttons. They still tend to do silly stuff. Like running right up to the enemy to cast a fireball or lighting bolt. Range attacks are supposed to be range attacks...