Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

nexon why is mabinogi so broken

kairisoadorikairisoadori
Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
edited May 2, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
your game is 15 years old now ish and you still have buggy and laggy and poorly optimized servers a maintenance that lasts to long and never becomes optimized a game that is dying on some of your servers because you clearly dont care about how your players feel so they go and find a different game because there tired of this garbage and your pushing your long time players and the player whales you clearly try to hard to keep ultimately making your 30grand gotchapon worthless on servers like mari ruari and tarlach because there isnt enough players to get some of the rarer items that only 1 comes to these servers if that
[Deleted User]peloisan

Comments

• KingOfFateKingOfFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    wierd i seem run mabi just fine maybe build a better pc?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited May 3, 2018
    'Feedback and Suggestions'.

Suggestion: Fix it to sate my entitlement, lest you erroneously think your career is more important than my entitlement.

KingOfFate wrote: »
    wierd i seem run mabi just fine maybe build a better pc?

For srs tho, this helps quite a bit. A seven year old HP Pavilion running W7 handled this game quite well for the first while I played it, a crappy $500 laptop purchased three years ago did aight and my new gaming PC is by far the best in all regards, but there is still the most obvious issue of displacement. OP also ain't ENTIRELY wrong on their opinion on Nexon's recent marketing strategy, either.
    Leinei
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 3, 2018
    Game is showing its age: I agree.
    Maintenance lasts too long: Disagree. I don't mind waiting.
    Gachapon expensive and frustrating: I agree.
    Playerbase spread too thin: I agree.

If I were paying for this I would be more angry, but as it is free I just try to enjoy it as much as I can. Things I would consider paying for: Pets, cosmetic stuff, VIP if it were worthwhile.
    YangKoete
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited May 5, 2018
    Maintenance lasts too long? LOL. I remember the days when Iria was first implemented. If I remember right, the game was down a full day after that initial maintenance.

Yes, the game is older and the older hair and clothing/armor items from back then need updates.

The reason it is buggy is because the original team who created the game no longer works on it and since then, no one has really been able to figure out the original code and have since just been basically stacking things on top for updates. Unless something has changed, there is/was a team of Bug Busters in Korea working on issues that affect the game. You're going to find bugs in a number of games, even if they're made by big companies and they're not F2P. Fact of life.
    YangKoete
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 7, 2018
    2-5 hour weekly maintenance in Mabinogi is really cute. I remember back in 2008-2015 i used to play Grand Chase and it was 2D MMO game, which had 8 hour weekly maintenance and bigger updates would take even longer than that. I remember when Season 3 huge update came in there and we literally had to wait for a WEEK until they got done with it. Lol. I'm still wondering to this day why simple looking game had such long maintenance...
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Congrats! you just told the community you have no patience because you can't wait 2-5 hours a week for a game to have maintenance.

If someone is spending 30k on gachas, it's either because they have a problem, thats their own fault or they have the money to spend. Once again, something that isn't nexon's fault. It is all the players fault if they choose to spend their money.

Player base picks up around summer time, when people are not in school.

The game has been around for 13 years, so yeah it is showing it's age but the team is working on fixing bugs. You should check the patch notes every month to see whats being fixed.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited May 6, 2018
    The game I modded for with another company had multiple downtimes that lasted days. With no explanation given even to us.We just had to deal with players outrage by giving them a vague "it's being worked on" shiver

So yeah mabis downtime is okay with me. It's a pretty normal maint downtime for a lot of f2p games.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    The game is old, buggy, and full of inconsistencies. It has plenty of its own problems. However, when (or if) you get past that, I personally think there is beauty to be seen in it. You just have to look beyond those things. Stop and smell the roses sometimes.

And if you can't... well, that's okay. Perhaps it's time to move on for you.
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    what are you talking about have any of you visited tarlach the server is dead and now hard and annoying it is to repair a weapon or piece of armor that costs 100k-700k as a noob even you cant viably repair most of your gear and be expected to make that all back on a server where theres only less then 10 shops on the entire server during the day can you dont take it seriously then i personally would love to see your faces with the server merge
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited May 16, 2018
    @kairisoadori

I don't know when you only saw 10 shops but there are normally many more than that. As I write this there are 28 Kiosks in Dunbarton, and 19 personal shops in Belvast (Normally there's more than that in Belvast but apparently it's a slow day). That's more than the "...less than 10 shops on the entire server" that your stating. As it is not everyone opens a shop. few people do. and of course there's what's for sale in housing channel and the auction house too.

As a newbie if you have problems paying for repairs I suggest you use the newbie weapons that are given to you when you start (newbie armor as well since it's cheap to repair). As I recall they're only 1gold a point to repair. If Your using gear that costs 700k to repair (even for a complete repair) your using something that is intended more for intermediate lvl players. End-game gear costs more than that to repair in many cases but at that point you can make money very easily.

In the Game Guides section of this forum there is a guide just for 'Making Money'. It even has ways for a new player to make large amounts of money quite easily and quick.
    edited May 16, 2018
    im on right now theres 4 personal shops in dunbarton and 18 personal shops in balvast and 16 kiosks ish where talking about tarlach not Alexina and there all practically empty void of items and the ones that do arnt just overpriced there completely dreaming on there prices
  • KttyKtty
    im on right now theres 4 personal shops in dunbarton and 18 personal shops in balvast and 16 kiosks ish where talking about tarlach not Alexina and there all practically empty

Count again.... I did just to make sure I didn't make a mistake and I didn't. And yes, I'm talking about and counting the shops on Tarlach. There are normally many more shops than there are currently in Belvast but as I said it's obviously a slow day. Not everyone always plays every day or opens a shop every day. As far as the number of items in them, there is a limit to the total selling cost you can put on a license regardless of the number of items in it.
    edited May 16, 2018
    but its not just today this has been going on for a few months and was only remedied by that large list of events we had a decent amount of players then sure for a month or not even that and then it died like normal and went back to being dead like normal tarlach doesnt get the new players i guess maybe because we dont have a youtube promoting us
  • KttyKtty
    ... tarlach doesnt get the new players i guess maybe because we dont have a youtube promoting us

We get new players every day. I know because I specifically go looking for them in order to offer help since the game can be extremely overwhelming to them. Not to mention that I enjoy meeting and playing my favorite game (Mabi!!!) with new people. It's how I met many of the people I keep listed (and continue to play with) on my friends list.
    Nifanity