Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pet Search Function

timaeusstimaeuss
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
edited December 16, 2016 in Feedback and Suggestions
This idea came from another game, but I think it would be nice to have a search bar in the pet window. You'd type in the name of an item and the game will search your pets' inventories and tell you which pet(s) the item is on. I think this would save a lot of time cycling through pets to find something lol
FloristSherri

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Although we have pet notes to help us keep track of what items are in their inventories, I LOVE this idea for a search feature. I still have trouble trying to find stored items at times even though I note every single pet.
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    Shoog
    Shoog said:

Although we have pet notes to help us keep track of what items are in their inventories
    If only they'd fix the problem with Pet Notes. Unless it's still only busted for me ~ Whoops.

I like this idea alot though! I try not to hoard items on my pets, because I loose track super easily. Or if I do, I try to keep it as organized as possible so I can avoid the endless loop of cycling through pets for that one item we know is somewhere.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Florist
    Florist said:

...avoid the endless loop of cycling through pets for that one item we know is somewhere.
    OMG ikr!!! I
    definitely +1 for a pet search function!!!!!!
  • healruairihealruairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    A lot of us have a lot of pets... some even have hundreds! It can be a journey, like a literal physical and spiritual journey sometimes trying to go through every pet and find something you are looking for. I think that in the Pet Information window, there should be a bar in which we can type in an item name to filter pets who have matching item names in their inventories. Thanks.

Heal Ruairi
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    A thousand yeses. Ive always wanted something like this. A pet inventory search option
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited May 16, 2017
    Yes, please. I have so many pets, its ridiculous. Especially since I approach pet inventories like my main inventory; shove whatever I can in.

And while the inventory search bar does also apply to the inventory window of the currently summoned pet, its still not really helpful.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yes please! Sometime I forgot which item is in which pet so this feature would be very useful!
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Well, it's not exactly a search bar, but...

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J4p
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 13, 2018
    Now I know many of us have had issues trying to keep track of what's on what pet. I know Notes and Pet Tabs help, but I found that when I moved from my laptop to my new desktop computer, that all of my Pet Notes WERE GONE. I had no idea what was where and I don't know if the Pet Tabs would also vanish in the event of a computer change. So here's my suggestion: Pet Search. An option within the Pet Window that allows you to search for items and it will tell you what pet(s) have them. This would help in reorganizing Pet Inventories. Since we can search our own personal inventories for items and have them highlighted, why not put in a feature where we can track down items faster/easier?

Thoughts
    Leinei of Ruairi
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Each time I tell someone "Let me check my pets" I need to prepare 3 days worth of food and water, a machete, Uuta, my native guide, and my Indiana Jones whip.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Each time I tell someone "Let me check my pets" I need to prepare 3 days worth of food and water, a machete, Uuta, my native guide, and my Indiana Jones whip.

Me too. Also, whoops! Didn't know this had been already suggested! XD