Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Large amount of displacement lag.

XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
in Technical Support
Ever since Iria came up (way back) I've always a large amount of misplacement lag.

A bigger amount of what other players usually report. My internet is pretty decent 180mps upload and about over 20mps upload.
It's not enough to impede me from playing, but enough to be annoying, specially when fighting monsters with large hit boxes.. or gathering wheat.

Does anyone have any way to reduce this? Or troubleshoot to get down to the issue?

It may be worth pointing out I live in Florida.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Google 'denagle' and find a howto that you can follow easily. Mabinogi is one of a few games that doesn't bypass the outdated nagle algorithm. Because of that it can create unnecessary lag. With todays internet, nagle is no longer needed.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    I already knew about that. Does not fix the issue.
  • KttyKtty
    edited January 15, 2017
    When you load a skill such as heal. Does the icon appear over your head immediately or take a moment? When using the heal skill, does it use each charge as quickly as you click or is there a lag in between each use?

If you start windows in safemode with networking and run Mabi, does it still have the same displacement lag?

Also providing the following may help...
    PC make/model/specs
    graphics make/model/specs
    windows OS version 7/8/10

There's also a known problem on windows 10 that causes lag. ill post the link to it when I find it.

Found: Its the post by Gaea about windows indexing.
    big-performance-issue
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1158/big-performance-issue-help-is-very-required
    [Deleted User]Crimsọn
  • KttyKtty
    @Hardmuscle Sorry. I was reading quickly and her post on it was the first I caught. Didn't mean to give credit to someone else.
    [Deleted User]
  • KttyKtty
    @XeekTheMighty did say they were from Florida. Sadly I can speak from experience having lived there that the ISP's there do throttle and even actively police their customers by reporting their activity.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 16, 2017
    Yeah but you didn't tell them -how- to get there. SOME CREDIT!!! (and sorry I didn't originally see your image). Also disabling superfetch helps as well.

^_^