Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bags

EncrovianEncrovian
Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
in Help
Is there a way to make 1 the first bag that the stuff u picks up goes into? Like my ferghus doll bag keeps getting the drops first, then it goes into my shop bag after it fills. On my giant it goes into my shop bag first then the ferghus one. HOW DO I MAKE IT SO THAT IT GOES INTO THE SHOP BAG? Setting an order for which bags would be nice, unless it already exists and idk how2do it. ;-;

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    OCD triggered? :trollface:
    SpaceCat
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Pretty sure items go into your newest and recently acquired bag. If you were to unequip a bag and reequip new items should go into that bag first.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Pretty sure items go into your newest and recently acquired bag. If you were to unequip a bag and reequip new items should go into that bag first.

I don't think this is the case.

My most recently acquired bag is the 11x11 Alban Knights Emblem shop bag, but that's not where items choose to first go into.

Maybe it's the OLDEST bag, instead of the newest?

Although, if OP wanted to skew things a bit, you could put an item tag on the Ferghus bag.
    Something you probably won't pick up often like... Ancient Books.
    Put an item tag on a bag and it'll try to fill up other bags before that one (excluding any items that actually fit the tag), and it won't actually keep you from putting non-tagged items inside manually.
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Iyasenu wrote: »

My most recently acquired bag is the 11x11 Alban Knights Emblem shop bag, but that's not where items choose to first go into.

Although, if OP wanted to skew things a bit, you could put an item tag on the Ferghus bag.
    Put an item tag on a bag and it'll try to fill up other bags before that one (excluding any items that actually fit the tag), and it won't actually keep you from putting non-tagged items inside manually.

The problem with tagging is that it's exclusively putting those items in the bag first, not rly making it so that other items don't go in. Not a solution. :C
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Encrovian wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

The problem with tagging is that it's exclusively putting those items in the bag first, not rly making it so that other items don't go in. Not a solution. :C

So... to add on to what Iyasenu said... just make sure ALL of your bags are tagged with something - Ancient Books IS a good one (just to keep things the same) - and then whatever bag you want the drops from your ferghus bag to get leave that bag UNTAGGED. That way everything your ferghus doll bag picks up will automatically go in there. Now... if you have a potion bag, no matter what the potions it picks up will go in that bag, but besides that it should be fine with that technique.
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Tagging helps but if untagged the items will go in the top bag starting from the left and this applies to bags that have the same tag as well. SO the layout of your bags in your inventory plays an important role in keeping things tidy.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Bag'em and tag'em.
    SpaceCat
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Liyeta wrote: »
    The order is from old to new. So if you want to make certain order, you need to put all your bag in the bank then put it in your main inventory with your desired order.

As much as this is a good idea, it's also probably impossible for a number of people given the amount of bound items, and the amount of space needed to store certain items for the move.
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Liyeta wrote: »
    The order is from old to new. So if you want to make certain order, you need to put all your bag in the bank then put it in your main inventory with your desired order.

ohhh ill try this. thank u!