Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fishing Rod Reforges

TsukoyomiTsukoyomi
Mabinogi Rep: 530
in Help
I tried reforging my Life Exploration Fishing Rod to get the fishing reforges on it. I got it to Rank 1, but still haven't had any rolls regarding fishing. Has anyone gotten rolls for fishing on this particular rod? Or are fishing reforges just a rare roll?

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I was looking into fishing reforges for this item a few years back but unfortunately it's considered a two handed weapon and not a tool like the normal fishing rods. So you will not be able to get fishing reforges on it. https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Life_Exploration_Fishing_Rod

I think I reforged my life fishing rode to r2 before finding this out. Had to start all over on a normal fishing rod. :(
  • TsukoyomiTsukoyomi
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Had a feeling that was the case, wasted about 15 reforge pluses on that. Thank you, I'm going to try it on a basic rod this time to play it safe.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Tsukoyomi wrote: »
    Had a feeling that was the case, wasted about 15 reforge pluses on that. Thank you, I'm going to try it on a basic rod this time to play it safe.

Sorry for the bad news. :( Yeah, I was pretty miffed at the time when I found out that I wasted my time and money on it. I think I waited until we got an event that allowed for reforge kits to have a better chance at ranking an item so I could try to reach r1 faster on the fishing rod. Then just kept hoping for the right reforge to appear. Good luck!!
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I can confirm this as well. A standard fishing rod will consistently get fishing reforges on it. My rod has Fishing Auto Size 19/Fishing Auto Success 11/Fishing Size 15 on it. I tend to catch more fish when using a fishing chair strangely enough, but when I catch a fish using the rod it is quite big!
    Shoog
  • DeathlanderDeathlander
    Ice fishing rod not bad and can get fishing reforges