Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alban Knights Cheer Fans When?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Blankeye wrote: »
    Funnily enough Talvish is the most husbando-ed Knight in Mabi Korea. Probably because in the Korean version he straight up tells the Milletian that "He likes them" in G20 which can be interpreted as platonic or romantic depending on what you feel like. :P
    In NA they translated that line to "I have nothing but respect for you." Oof, Right in the feel bads.
    Also the Korean version of Talvish's Comrade title is "Who is Together with Talvish"! We really got snuffed out of Talvish husbando material in NA.

Really? I always thought it's Altam or Caswyn :o
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Greta wrote: »
    Funnily enough Talvish is the most husbando-ed Knight in Mabi Korea. Probably because in the Korean version he straight up tells the Milletian that "He likes them" in G20 which can be interpreted as platonic or romantic depending on what you feel like. :P
    In NA they translated that line to "I have nothing but respect for you." Oof, Right in the feel bads.
    Also the Korean version of Talvish's Comrade title is "Who is Together with Talvish"! We really got snuffed out of Talvish husbando material in NA.

Let's be honest, they are all different flavors of husbandos.

Talvish is the one that knows all your needs, knows how to fulfill them, and generally knows pretty much how to do everything. He's like the guy that will pamper you, and has a dad flavor to him.

Caswyn is the cold, but cool sensitive type. He acts cold and fierce to other people by is actually a nice guy trying to do his best for the one he cares for. I think the term, Kuudere, can be used to apply here. You can say that he has a bit of an older brother feel to him.

Altam is the admirer and looks up to you. He's like a puppy that just generally likes to be around you and will praise you for any actions you take, and encourage you if you're feeling down. In many ways he's the sibling worshiping little brother type.

Llywelyn is the bookworm smart guy. He's smart, a bit weird, and playful. He's a bit socially awkward but when you need to know something, he'll know exactly what it is.

While we're on it, we can look at how Avelin and Pihne fulfill 2 very general flavors of waifus too.

Avelin is the strong independent type. She's very tough but deep down wants some support here and here. She's also got some light Tsundere qualities in her.

Pihne is the girl that needs to be pampered. She wants to and strive to do better, but you know she needs support. I can say that Pihne has the little sister vibe to her.

So yeah, all of the Knights have a certain quality that appeals to a certain audience. Which is funny considering that the male portion of the knights could be formed into a boy band (wink wink). Though, the Aces were designed to be this but was executed poorly (initially).

Merlin was a smug insecure jock who was constantly trying to get attention to himself.

Prof J is an elitist that looks down on people for not taking things as seriously as him.

Starlet is a childish sack of emotional baggage.

TH is a con-artist that only ever looks out for himself and constantly looking for way to make a quick buck.

The culinary artist is just there.

Though the later characterizations after their releases give them much better characters.

Merlin is shown to have genuine flaws as a person and feels like he's constantly required to prove himself and his peers. He is a good person, but feels the need to live up the expectations of other people, not helped by the fact he cultivates that need.

Eiren is a tortured individual that fights with her heritage and the possibility of turning her in a monster. She's terrified of hurting her friends, and puts up a a playful front to mask her misery in the face of of her internal suffering. When she is free of her powers and burden, she shows a much more humble and balanced character. Revealing her relief and freedom.

TH is still mostly a jerk, and Prof J, Starlet and the CA still haven't had much characterizations after. Hopefully we'll get more interesting stories with them that'll change their image, but for now I'd say the Knights are far better characters than the Aces were and they actually cater to the appeals of the players much better.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi turning into your generic anime with every type of husbando/waifu choice.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi turning into your generic anime with every type of husbando/waifu choice.

Wasn't the biggest selling point was that it was basically a 3D anime? I mean Nao is pretty much every big selling point they could stuff.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    If I ever get my hands on a Llywelyn fan I'm sending it to the nearest campfire... I did not like him out of all of them nor can I pronounce his name! (I did enjoy the "spirit" giving him heck though in G21 part 2 :3)

Altam is one of those people you want to hate but can't because he's trying so hard... all you can do is give him a pat and move along.

Caswyn... indifferent to say the least, but tolerable.

Talvish just... belgh. Everyone's pretty boy, 'nough said.

Avelin needs some fun in her life badly. I understand she wants to focus on the serious nature of things but shouldn't strain herself too much.

Pihne is a good counter balance to Caswyn, who always seems so moody. However I would grow tired of her overwhelming niceness she gives off. She means well, a lot, but can only handle so much before you feel like she's treating you like a useless person who needs constant hugs to get by in life.

So I'm torn between the two female knights of which fan I like to have...
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Wasn't the biggest selling point was that it was basically a 3D anime? I mean Nao is pretty much every big selling point they could stuff.

The Nao Goes: Jiggle jiggle jiggle (someone had to do it!)
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 16, 2018
    LongSly wrote: »

I like how Nexon flawlessly animates Nao's bust, but can't fix/revamp some animations that got too outdated ages ago. *looking at you old awkward gestures*

ImaizumiKakiPi
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    LongSly wrote: »

I like how Nexon flawlessly animates Nao's bust, but can't fix/revamp some animations that got too outdated ages ago. *looking at you old awkward gestures*

After 21 Generations and more than a decade, THE PLAYER'S FEMALE DIVINE FORM ALSO JIGGLES.
    KakiPi
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630

After 21 Generations and more than a decade, THE PLAYER'S FEMALE DIVINE FORM ALSO JIGGLES.

Will confirm the lilyhammers do jiggle.

KakiPi
  • TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    edited July 16, 2018

Talvish [...] and has a dad flavor to him.

200_s.gif
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited July 16, 2018

Not easy to notice unless you look hard enough. The idle animation (normal and combat mode) is subtle but more noticeable up close. The animation when you load up the teleport is more visually apparently, however.

Makes you wonder if Nao is obsolete now she's no longer the only female that has the jiggles.
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640

nope nope! If you search the term '톨비밀레', (which is the Korean ship name for Talvish x Milletian) especially on twitter, you'll get tons of different players shipping their chars with him haha. 알터밀레 (Altam x Milletian) and 카즈밀레 (Caswyn x Milletian) are also pretty popular but nowhere in the same leagues. 르웰밀레 (Llywelyn x Milletian) is a neglected ship that needs more love imo. u_u
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 16, 2018
    Ahem, I did not notice they jiggled until you guys pointed it out. smh.
  • GretaGreta
    I noticed that myself when i decided to see how transformation looks sprinting up close... xD At first i thought i'm seeing things.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    I noticed that myself when i decided to see how transformation looks sprinting up close... xD At first i thought i'm seeing things.

Now a bunch of people are going to stay transformed ogling themselves... What have I unleashed?!
    KakiPi