Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Will we ever get better vox voices for song play?

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited January 16, 2017 in General Chat
To be honest I've never liked the ones we have now. Fantastic Chorus is perfect the way it is, but the normal vox voice overs sound obnoxious, as if someone went into a recording studio with a bad cold and recorded for it.

If you look at other games like Starbound, they have a better set-up for their Vox voice samples when using microphones.

[Deleted User]

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    To quote the Male Song voice in Mabi...

"Nah nah nah nah nah."

-------

Joking aside, I dislike the voice for non-chorus singing.
    It sounds weird for every note to be like "Nah", when chorus has at least a handful of different sounds for different notes.
    That and the range of notes you can sing is really limited.
    And there's the whole "only one voice with no other customization options" thing. I dunno about you, but the voice for Song doesn't fit my character at all.

I do hope they build on this, but I haven't heard of anything planned, myself.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 16, 2017
    Sounds like "blah blah blah" to me too. I don't know how you hear it as "nah nah nah" xD
    [Deleted User]Helsa
  • CapnReconCapnRecon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 16, 2017
    No it's definitely blah blaaaaah blah blah blaaah~! If I wasn't self conscious about my tomboy voice I would totally meme it on youtube or something. lol.