Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Race transformation switching to Divinity Hotkeys

NossNoss
Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
edited July 24, 2018 in Bugs and Glitches
What is the issue?
The issue is that Divinity hotkeys (specifically, the skills in the 2nd F1-F12 Hotkey bar) are being applied during race transformation (Dark Knight, Paladin, Beast, and Falcon). This is an issue because when I am in Dark Knight transformation, I can't use my main skills because they get replaced by the hotkeys I had set for Divinity transformation. It doesn't make a lot of sense for me to be using Divinity skills during Dark Knight, so I don't understand why they get swapped out during Dark Knight. I can only fit so many skills onto my hotkeys. I have talked to the other races (Elf, Giant, and a human with Paladin), and they have the same issue.

What steps must be taken to recreate this issue?
Go into Divinity transformation and set hotkeys of your choice for the 2nd F1-F12 Hotkey bar. Cancel Divinity transformation, allowing the 2nd F1-F12 Hotkey bar to reset back to what it was originally. Then activate race transformation. The same hotkeys in the 2nd F1-F12 Hotkey bar during Divinity are now applied for the race transformation.

What do you expect to happen instead?
I expect race transformation to have it's own set of hotkeys that apply when you activate race transformation, and Divinity transformation to have it's own set of hotkeys that apply when you activate Divinity transformation. They shouldn't be shared.

Here are some examples of what the issue is:

f3251434d19381d8e8706a1776b0f6b0.jpg

f0fc75eae8aa03d366cb3835de5014bd.jpg

98a0cb926bd933861becdb484a3f4be0.jpg

mabinogi_2018_07_24_006.jpg

mabinogi_2018_07_24_004.jpg

mabinogi_2018_07_24_003.jpg

IGN: Nossx3
Server: Mari

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 24, 2018
    Wow i did not know such bug existed. I don't have it for some reason. Maybe because my human is Paladin?
  • NossNoss
    b83df04bf50f31dde1bbed4643fdc9ce.png

476ae3bb19c85b8bf94337e119a59c1e.png

2c90b9f6e415d04537a70d4fcede545a.png

Are you sure you looked at the 2nd F1-F12 Hotkey bar (when you hold Shift)? These are screenshots from another friend of mine.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 24, 2018
    For some reason, when i transform into Divinity, i move to second set of keys, which were given to me the very first time i transformed. F1-F4 were empty slots so i filled them with Divinity skills and that was it.

My character skill set without any transformation:

b6rYlP4.png

Skill set while using Paladin:

6hCCPzs.png

Skill set while using Divinity:

UjnRv6o.png

Have no idea how you guys triggered that bug lol.

I don't use the second set of F1-F12 keys since it's very uncomfortable switching between those in combat. I instead use the 1-= ones, because i can Ctrl + 1~8 to quick switch between 8 sets. I use that second set of F keys for life skills:

Second set of keys while in Human form:

NGgDLpl.png

Paladin:

W4HuQoN.png

Wow just noticed that my Divinity pulled out random skills at F10-F12, that's weird, not like i care, it still only can use 8 skills and they are hotkeyed nicely for me. Oh i see, Divinity took those random skills from Paladin...

Oh crap, never mind, i see now what's wrong. I never noticed it since i rarely use that second set. Lol, that's funny. I guess it needs to be fixed then. I apologize, my bad!
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I also found this to be inconvenient, since I use hotkey set 1 for one weapon set and set 2 for my second set (since we can equip both primary and auxiliary weapon sets, I found that useful). Now I'm just stuck using one combat style while in Paladin, which is not a major problem but has gotten me killed while I got used to the change.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The transformation shares the same hotkey configurations as Divinity. However, the first time you obtain it, the game actually re-writes the second hotkey slot for divinity skill. While transformed (either in racial trans or Divinity), you can modify those hotkeys. Remember to log off to save the settings to the server. As for why it does this, it's actually an intended feature, but it will throw you off. Once you change the hotkeys, they will stay changed whenever you transform again.
  • NossNoss
    If it's intended, then it wasn't very well thought out. I was doing raids and attempted to use my intermediate magic, finding out that they were being replaced by the Divinity skills I had set earlier. It's a huge inconvenience for me because I don't have any hotkey slots in my 2nd hotkey bar to waste, and having the two transformations share the same hotkeys is very inefficient. I would love to take advantage of the hotkey switch, but I can't stand having Divinity skills in my hotkeys during Dark Knight. xD
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Noss wrote: »
    If it's intended, then it wasn't very well thought out. I was doing raids and attempted to use my intermediate magic, finding out that they were being replaced by the Divinity skills I had set earlier. It's a huge inconvenience for me because I don't have any hotkey slots in my 2nd hotkey bar to waste, and having the two transformations share the same hotkeys is very inefficient. I would love to take advantage of the hotkey switch, but I can't stand having Divinity skills in my hotkeys during Dark Knight. xD

It wasn't well thought out, but I'm 100% certain that it was intentional. Even I got tripped up in a Phant run when I used a Paladin trans and realized that I'm not missing a few skills. On the flip side, it should only affect your transformation hotkeys (they are actually a separate set) and not your regular one. So be sure to keep that in mind when you use racial transformations as your hotkeys maybe altered.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Noss wrote: »

It wasn't well thought out, but I'm 100% certain that it was intentional. Even I got tripped up in a Phant run when I used a Paladin trans and realized that I'm not missing a few skills. On the flip side, it should only affect your transformation hotkeys (they are actually a separate set) and not your regular one. So be sure to keep that in mind when you use racial transformations as your hotkeys maybe altered.

Yeah, this has been a function for as long as I remember; whenever you trans, you actually change hotkeys to a hidden set(s?).
    Definitely frustrating if you weren't aware of it though, because I don't recall ever being told myself; I just had to put two and two together.