Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Some chat features are broken

Narutofire18Narutofire18
Mabinogi Rep: 1,435
edited May 3, 2018 in Bugs and Glitches
1. Found it!

2. Searched.

3. Creating...

4. a. Alt-codes that used to work, such as ALT-3 for the heart: ♥, no longer work in the general chat nor in friend-messages.

Additionally, the <ttfenglish size=#> command to alter the font size of friend-messages no longer works.

b. Try using an alt code or the aforementioned command.

c. While some alt code symbols never appeared, both the ♥ and ♪ symbols used to work and no longer do. However, they will work in some chat windows, such as in the Nickname portion of the friends' list.

The ttfenglish command should change the font size of the text that follows the closing > to whatever # was specified. However, what it does instead is simply send the entire command and the text after it as a default-sized message, as if the command no longer exists.

5. The second, blank line is where the ♥ that I sent should be. unknown.png

6. Yamanoki, on the Ruairi server.

7. Since these issues are both presumably linked to the new chat system, I'm combining them. Feel free to separate them, I guess?

8. pat-pat-ent pending
BronzebreakLadame

Comments

• NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    not sure if it was intentional or not but my korean guild can't type in korean anymore.
  • AkikasaAkikasa
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Looks like they just broke unicode.
    [Deleted User]
  • KateyumKateyum
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I'm from the tarlach server having the same issue. Maybe we can somehow get an admin or something on this? See if they're able to help us figure out whats up or if its a change nexon has actually done on purpose..
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Current font type is the same as the old font type.

The way they handle text for PMs and chat changed, for example & is visible now... but only in PMs/chats, it's invisible if used once in quest details for example.
    [Deleted User]