[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alexina Should have been in Nao.

Comments

  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,355
    Posts: 2,196
    Member
    edited June 10
    You people are never satisfied.. you get something and then you beg for more.. I just don't understand it.
    LokitinTrees
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited June 10
    Y'all need to relax. Most people are probably revisiting an abandoned character and giving them another chance, maybe checking out the new server with a new chara, etc. It's a new thing, so it's going to get some extra traffic for awhile. Most people probably aren't going to abandon years (decades?) of Alexina character development forever. Even I've been messing around on my first ever Mabi character which I ditched on Mari when things died...it's nice to revisit, but I've got no pets, no skills, no equipment. Starting from scratch isn't worth it when I've got all my friends, pets, and years spent on my Alexina character.

    Also, I haven't read all the pages but I'm sure this has been mentioned...can you imagine the LAG of merging ALL the servers together? The population bar would practically be full if they did that. They will never merge Alexina into Nao. Nexon will always want/need space for new players, and merging Alexina with Nao would obstruct that.

    I'll also add that Alexina isn't any "quieter", regardless. Population looks about the same as always to me, 8pm on a week night. All my friends are still online. We're fine.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,800
    Posts: 743
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    You people are never satisfied.. you get something and then you beg for more.. I just don't understand it.

    the problem is Alexina didn't get anything other then a really long maintenance. a lot of Alexina players fought for and supported a full server merge and cause we were not included a lot of Alexina players feel left out. it is very understandable why some Alexina players are upset about it as we are just concerned for the health of our server and mabi community. no player or server should ever have to feel left out, if one server starts to die it hurts the entire community of the game. it is still a little to soon to say for sure how things will go but I understand why Alexina players are worried and we should have the right to express our concerns about it as long as it is done in a constructive way.
    GretaTheDumbOneShouKPanSakura2503Radiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,435
    Posts: 5,738
    Member
    edited June 10
    Get nothing.
    Someone accuses us for not being satisfied for getting nothing.
    Wot??????????????
    10/10 logic.

    Dam these people are selfish. Saying stuff like don't merge because lag, bad economy or something. You have no idea how awful some Alexina players feel when we got left out. I can't even sometimes look at the game now.
    TheDumbOneSakura2503Pan
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,385
    Posts: 6,548
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    It will happen eventually. It's just a matter of time. The conditions that drove them to merge the other three servers, eventually will be recognized by Nexon as being suffered by Alexina as well, and it will happen. In fact, right now, I suspect they're already thinking, oops! My guess is though, because of the naming problems, they may develop a repeat name capability first, for characters, pets, and homesteads. They may even enable multiple items in the dressing room. With that, and a boost in number of channels, and they can announce a merge, with far less anxiety.

    Not for at least a couple years. You know I am right about that.
    TheDumbOne
  • duckmanduckman
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Posts: 40
    Member
    As an Alexina player, I don't want to merge. I like it quiet, often find my self looking for an empty place to fight or gather as it is.
    Picture gathering hilliwen ore and someone needs to fight a golem for daily but all servers are full. Now your fighting golems to stay alive instead of gathering.
    Just saying
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,660
    Posts: 344
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    It will happen eventually. It's just a matter of time. The conditions that drove them to merge the other three servers, eventually will be recognized by Nexon as being suffered by Alexina as well, and it will happen. In fact, right now, I suspect they're already thinking, oops! My guess is though, because of the naming problems, they may develop a repeat name capability first, for characters, pets, and homesteads. They may even enable multiple items in the dressing room. With that, and a boost in number of channels, and they can announce a merge, with far less anxiety.

    Not for at least a couple years. You know I am right about that.

    Hard doubt.
    TheDumbOne
  • LiidaLiida
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    Posts: 24
    Member
    Yea give it year and half max....
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,355
    Posts: 2,196
    Member
    "selfish for worrying about the economy and lag AKA the state of the game"

    what?
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,660
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited June 10
    Sherri wrote: »
    "selfish for worrying about the economy and lag AKA the state of the game"

    what?

    Dunno, only part I agreed with is that Alexina really didn't get anything. These issues need to be addressed before/if Alexina is even merged or the entirety of the population will be in shambles.

    But some people are sad so that doesn't matter :(
    Sherri
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,690
    Posts: 342
    Member
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    "selfish for worrying about the economy and lag AKA the state of the game"

    what?

    Dunno, only part I agreed with is that Alexina really didn't get anything. These issues need to be addressed before/if Alexina is even merged or the entirety of the population will be in shambles.

    But some people are sad so that doesn't matter :(

    (it feels weird having ppl comment like no one ever dealt with these things before)
    ive dealt with channel1 being full- channels crashing for maintenance- lagg- every channel being full during log in events- enemy spawn lagg-
    every channel was full of shops NOT just channel1, ppl were active on ALL channels, not just one channel, ppl were active not JUST dunby but filia,vales,tir,and dunby.

    i keep saying this... but lagg is much more fixable then you think.... its a mmo that supposed to handle players.... playing it...

    infact what killed alexina (in my opinion) is when they added more channels and expanded how many shops can be in dunby (as well as adding belvest). Plus turning everything into gacha and afk events didnt help



    Greta
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,660
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited June 10
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    (it feels weird having ppl comment like no one ever dealt with these things before)
    ive dealt with channel1 being full- channels crashing for maintenance- lagg- every channel being full during log in events- enemy spawn lagg-
    every channel was full of shops NOT just channel1, ppl were active on ALL channels, not just one channel, ppl were active not JUST dunby but filia,vales,tir,and dunby.

    i keep saying this... but lagg is much more fixable then you think.... its a mmo that supposed to handle players.... playing it...

    infact what killed alexina (in my opinion) is when they added more channels and expanded how many shops can be in dunby (as well as adding belvest). Plus turning everything into gacha and afk events didnt help

    I think you're mistaking this. Not once have any of us stated that these are issues we're not used to (to my knowledge). However it becomes different when it's multitudes worse than the norm. And it wasn't this bad before the merge, allegedly, so merging Alexina into what's currently a mess would only make it so the issues are even more widespread than they already are.

    And I don't doubt that lag is much more fixable than what everyone thinks. The difference is, it hasn't been fixed. That's what we're waiting for. Besides, people have pointed out many more issues than just lag.

    Also, adding more channels doesn't kill a server, it merely spreads it out. Pouring the same amount of water into a different container yields the same amount of water.

    Sidenote, personal favorite 'lockout' from the servers was during Ninja's release. What a mess.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,435
    Posts: 5,738
    Member
    edited June 11
    Sherri wrote: »
    "selfish for worrying about the economy and lag AKA the state of the game"

    what?

    Yes, you are. Economy is bad in every server thanks to gachas and all these updates where this game became easier than few years ago. It's too easy to make gold now.
    Lag is avoidable too. Just don't stand in crowded areas, also get better PC or internet. I'm from EU so i dealt with delay on many games daily.
    There's no excuses for no merge.
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Posts: 59
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Lag is avoidable too. Just don't stand in crowded areas, also get better PC or internet. I'm from EU so i dealt with delay on many games daily.
    There's no excuses for no merge.

    Sure, until there’s an event that no one can participate in because everyone’s crashing and lagging due to the traffic gathered around the one event NPC. Remember the people who would grief Sabina’s events at Emain Stage (and why we can’t use skills there anymore)? Imagine that chaos...
    Also, economies don’t crash because of the ease of making gold, it happens when there’s SO many people who get the same rare gacha items and compete in pricing—everyone going lower than the last because they want to sell quickly. That’s been my experience, anyway.

    Also, “we’ve dealt with lag and crashing before so we can deal with it again” really isn’t the best argument. No, thanks, I really don’t want to have to deal with flakey gameplay again. And that’s not a great environment for new players who aren’t as hooked to mabi as we are. Merging into one overpopulated sever would be toxic to newcomers. The only time I’d potentially support the merge is if Alexina properly dies and the numbers won’t hurt Nao.

    Idunno, I guess I just thought server merge suggestions always excluded Alexina, because Alexina had the population of all other servers combined. As an Alexina player, I always supported an Alexina-excluded-server-merge because the other servers were dead on their own and I sympathized with those players. It’s not like the Nao server is getting special perks. What exactly are we Alexina players being left out from? I’m relieved I won’t be forced to buy a name change coupon for my Alexina chara, who would’ve most likely gotten the +server tag...which looks awful.

    Anyway...at the end of the day, there would’ve been so many performance and quality issues with 1 giant server merge. Nao isn’t any better than Alexina, we’re equal now. No one wants their mabi experience to get worse, which is what would’ve happened if Alexina was included. Mari/Ruairi/Tarlach could only get better by merging, because they were dead. Our gameplay would’ve been drastically different; we would be constantly competing for certain field mobs, crashing, NX would lose value, no newcomer would put up with an unplayable game, etc...but that’s all worth it so no one will feel left out...? It’s selfish to want a smooth running, functioning game, friendly to newbies, because some people feel sad?
    SherriRadiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,435
    Posts: 5,738
    Member
    edited June 11
    Nao indeed got some perks. 3 additional channels, chance to change a name for free and break seal stones again in Uladh areas.
    If Nexon were able to handle a merge, then i'm pretty sure they can handle a lag free game.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,355
    Posts: 2,196
    Member
    edited June 11
    Lokitin wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Lag is avoidable too. Just don't stand in crowded areas, also get better PC or internet. I'm from EU so i dealt with delay on many games daily.
    There's no excuses for no merge.

    Sure, until there’s an event that no one can participate in because everyone’s crashing and lagging due to the traffic gathered around the one event NPC. Remember the people who would grief Sabina’s events at Emain Stage (and why we can’t use skills there anymore)? Imagine that chaos...
    Also, economies don’t crash because of the ease of making gold, it happens when there’s SO many people who get the same rare gacha items and compete in pricing—everyone going lower than the last because they want to sell quickly. That’s been my experience, anyway.

    Also, “we’ve dealt with lag and crashing before so we can deal with it again” really isn’t the best argument. No, thanks, I really don’t want to have to deal with flakey gameplay again. And that’s not a great environment for new players who aren’t as hooked to mabi as we are. Merging into one overpopulated sever would be toxic to newcomers. The only time I’d potentially support the merge is if Alexina properly dies and the numbers won’t hurt Nao.

    Idunno, I guess I just thought server merge suggestions always excluded Alexina, because Alexina had the population of all other servers combined. As an Alexina player, I always supported an Alexina-excluded-server-merge because the other servers were dead on their own and I sympathized with those players. It’s not like the Nao server is getting special perks. What exactly are we Alexina players being left out from? I’m relieved I won’t be forced to buy a name change coupon for my Alexina chara, who would’ve most likely gotten the +server tag...which looks awful.

    Anyway...at the end of the day, there would’ve been so many performance and quality issues with 1 giant server merge. Nao isn’t any better than Alexina, we’re equal now. No one wants their mabi experience to get worse, which is what would’ve happened if Alexina was included. Mari/Ruairi/Tarlach could only get better by merging, because they were dead. Our gameplay would’ve been drastically different; we would be constantly competing for certain field mobs, crashing, NX would lose value, no newcomer would put up with an unplayable game, etc...but that’s all worth it so no one will feel left out...? It’s selfish to want a smooth running, functioning game, friendly to newbies, because some people feel sad?

    You just took the words right out of my mouth, out of my mind. It's exactly how I feel as well. I originally was against the whole server merge as a whole but whats done is done I guess.
    I thiiiink it would of been better if they merged Mari with one server and Alexina with the other?
    Also who thinks that merging all the servers WON'T make it unstable? -_-
    Pffft.. selfish for worrying about the playerbase.. please..

    'get a better pc or internet'
    Me: *has decent internet and a good computer*
    for an issue with the actual servers.. nani .3.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,435
    Posts: 5,738
    Member
    edited June 11
    Lokitin wrote: »
    Also, economies don’t crash because of the ease of making gold, it happens when there’s SO many people who get the same rare gacha items and compete in pricing—everyone going lower than the last because they want to sell quickly. That’s been my experience, anyway.

    I don't see how selling gacha for "cheap" was the cause of inflation by the way.
    It's clearly because of people who farmed gold to sell it for real money. That's how so much gold generated in the game. I see people buying/selling gold every day and there's no way to stop it until people start massively reporting these people.

    Alexina must be merged. It's dead. There's barely any people doing anything in there. I miss times like 4 years ago when you would barely find an empty space to place a shop in Dunbarton, there would be shops around Dunbarton Moongate and always people running around, buying, selling and chatting. Months before AH update. there sometimes would be one or two free spots for a shop in a square, but now... There's like what? 5 shops at square in total? Even Belvast is dead too, only the first block is filled with shops instead of both like it used to be, even with AH update.
    Even the dam spam chat bots have quit lol. There was none in Belvast when i went there few days ago.
    KensamaofmariNegumiko
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Posts: 59
    Member
    edited June 11
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't see how selling gacha for "cheap" was the cause of inflation by the way.
    It's clearly because of people who farmed gold to sell it for real money. That's how so much gold generated in the game. I see people buying/selling gold every day and there's no way to stop it until people start massively reporting these people.

    Alexina must be merged. It's dead. There's barely any people doing anything in there. I miss times like 4 years ago when you would barely find an empty space to place a shop in Dunbarton, there would be shops around Dunbarton Moongate and always people running around, buying, selling and chatting. Months before AH update. there sometimes would be one or two free spots for a shop in a square, but now... There's like what? 5 shops at square in total? Even Belvast is dead too, only the first block is filled with shops instead of both like it used to be, even with AH update.
    Even the dam spam chat bots have quit lol. There was none in Belvast when i went there few days ago.

    I didn’t realize you were talking about inflation, in my experience it’s been the opposite. For example, solid fixed dyes in Nao right now are 50k *minimum* (I assume because that’s what dead server players are used to), unlike Alexina where dyes go for as low as 15k-25k, because there’s so much competition—people want to make a quick buck. I personally haven’t run into issues of things being too expensive, barring new releases or super rare items. I don’t spend cash on Mabi (Nx or otherwise) and find prices to be realistic. Perhaps the gold buyers and popularity of gachas level each other out.

    As far as personal shops, the auction board is what killed those, and has no implication of whether we’re losing players. I was an avid personal shop keeper myself until the auction board was released because it’s free and effortless.

    Regarding your other post, I wouldn’t really consider being able to log onto “ch 10” as a perk...it’s just an extra channel, if Alexina gets more populated, I’m sure we’ll get extra channels too.
    As far as I’m aware, name changes haven’t been limited to just those on the Nao server; even if it is, it’s fair compensation for forcing players to get their names server tagged...no one wants that. A perk of NOT being merged is that we don’t have to put up with that. We’ve all created our characters under the impression, and with the understanding, that names couldn’t be changed. So that’d seem fair to me.
    While the opportunity to break seals is a valid “perk”, it’s only one that’s available to the 0.01% of players who got there first, hardly an impact on all Nao players. All of us here probably would’ve still missed out on that even if we were included in the merge.

    And finally, fixing lag isn’t completely under Nexon’s abilities. They can optimize the game’s performance as much as possible, but the user is still dependent on their own internet and computer quality to handle it. No one should need the latest technology to run an MMO from 2004....just because some people feel bad...
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,435
    Posts: 5,738
    Member
    edited June 11
    Ah yes, recent gacha outfits going for 50m and more is really realistic. Pure black and white dyes are 3m and over now, when it used to be 1-2m few months ago. Red upgrades are now over 350k when it was like 150k before and so on. Yup, people really sell cheap for quick buck.

    Alexina will be merged sooner or later, like it or not. I just wish it could be sooner. And then you can crash and lag all you want when "hype" for that comes. :) Can't wait.
    P.S: I use 6 year old laptop, i lag asf when in crowded places, but i still want a merge. Raids and GM Events are a challenge to me. I also sometimes dc for no reason too. But i don't care, i want to see this game thriving and a dead server is really not giving a good impression to new players, oh believe me.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,660
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited June 11
    Greta wrote: »

    Alexina must be merged. It's dead. There's barely any people doing anything in there. I miss times like 4 years ago when you would barely find an empty space to place a shop in Dunbarton, there would be shops around Dunbarton Moongate and always people running around, buying, selling and chatting. Months before AH update. there sometimes would be one or two free spots for a shop in a square, but now... There's like what? 5 shops at square in total? Even Belvast is dead too, only the first block is filled with shops instead of both like it used to be, even with AH update.
    Even the dam spam chat bots have quit lol. There was none in Belvast when i went there few days ago.

    I feel like I keep jumping sides because people I disagree with suddenly say something I agree with and people I agree with suddenly say something I disagree with...

    But yeah. You're pretty spot on about Alexina right now. I don't think there's any denying it's dying out, if not already dead. And I do support an eventual merge.
    Lokitin wrote: »
    Regarding your other post, I wouldn’t really consider being able to log onto “ch 10” as a perk...it’s just an extra channel, if Alexina gets more populated, I’m sure we’ll get extra channels too.

    I think what Greta means here is that the fact Nao's population was communicated as being similar to Alexina (the only reason they had stated Alexina wouldn't be merged), and then the population subsequently requiring extra channels to handle all the strain of several channels being decently filled in comparison to Alexina being essentially empty, spare channel 1, is kind of a smack in the face. But I could be wrong so they're free to correct me if need be.

    Also this last part annoys me... "if Alexina gets more populated"... you and I both know this isn't going to happen if at the height of the Master Plan there wasn't even a boost in player attendance on Alexina. Channel 1 hasn't been full in ages. Meanwhile Nao is over here with a decent portion of her channels nearly full or busy.
    GretaSherri