Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This is your local MabiConnus Weather Forcast!♫♪♫♪

Comments

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited July 22, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

They used to here. But I guess they are too busy for that anymore.

Did they do this after midnight?
    (im genuinely curious because my friend says thats its reasonable to assume a GM could of done this even though its after work hours )

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Veylaine wrote: »

(im genuinely curious because my friend says thats its reasonable to assume a GM could of done this even though its after work hours )

I am not sure when they used to do that. But I recall a GM saying they used troll players that way in Dunbarton.
    Veylaine
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    You never could summon anything in dunbarton, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Froglord wrote: »
    You never could summon anything in dunbarton, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

GMs can ignore that. Cicada summoned a red dragon in Port Cobh during a GM event. On the freaking wooden walkway, to boot.
    Crimsọn
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    OH right, old GM events. I was reading stuff about people using meteor storm in dunbarton or whatever.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I remember one of those old GM Events, they summoned Arch Liches and a ton of Bomb Steeds.

I remember it well, because that had a toooon of pain going around, and I finished earning the Master of Healing title during it.
    I wish I was as screenshot-happy back then as I am nowadays, I'd probably have a picture of the festivities.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 23, 2018
    People always begged and expected mob spawns when around GM's, but not from a random trolling guy who happened to hoard summoning urn gacha just so they could laugh at unsuspecting people. Been in almost every GM's Event since 2014 and almost every event had monster spawns, but lately GM's Events stopped at some point when Sabina left. I think after that we only had one or two such events, but can't remember if any spawns happened. Come on Nexon, we need a CM at this point...
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Or you know, you can afk there, get turned into well done steak by the dragon, and then appreciate the life lesson of leaving your unattended character in a location where other player can, and probably will screw you over. If you have something so important like a medi pot running, why are you risking disruptions to that by being in an open field were people can lure or summon something that can kill or engage you.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 23, 2018
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Or you know, you can afk there, get turned into well done steak by the dragon, and then appreciate the life lesson of leaving your unattended character in a location where other player can, and probably will screw you over. If you have something so important like a medi pot running, why are you risking disruptions to that by being in an open field were people can lure or summon something that can kill or engage you.

But why, like WHY people are forced to afk at isolated places where they can't chat and meet with others or just chill in beautiful scenery without any disruption??? Is it so hard to NOT summon any monsters and be a jerk about it thinking it's funny to harm others? Don't be sadistic people...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 23, 2018
    Clearly, the only logical solution here is to set Froglord's house on fire with a summoned dragon while he is AFK in real life.
    GretaZephyrmaruRadiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 23, 2018
    Clearly, the only logical solution here is to set Froglord's house on fire with a summoned dragon while he is AFK in real life.

Yes, and make a video with funny soundtracks, so everyone who suffered could laugh too. Also we will Crisis Escape from that place too, IRL lol.
    You are giving me a real bliss. Thank you. <3~
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Greta wrote: »

But why, like WHY people are forced to afk at isolated places where they can't chat and meet with others or just chill in beautiful scenery without any disruption??? Is it so hard to NOT summon any monsters and be a jerk about it thinking it's funny to harm others? Don't be sadistic people...

I operate on the assumption that at any moment a dragon can, and will drop on top of me and I'll have to fight it in a duel to the death. All the time. So yeah, when I afk in a public area I accept the fact that a dragon will come murderize me for my crimes against its kind. Please don't ask me what I did to their eggs at one point.
    courtneyy
  • GretaGreta

I operate on the assumption that at any moment a dragon can, and will drop on top of me and I'll have to fight it in a duel to the death. All the time. So yeah, when I afk in a public area I accept the fact that a dragon will come murderize me for my crimes against its kind. Please don't ask me what I did to their eggs at one point.

Ooooookay... I guess it's that time when i stop taking you seriously.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium

Ooooookay... I guess it's that time when i stop taking you seriously.

On a serious note I do assume that at any moment, whether I'm at the computer or not that something could be dropped on top and I have to fight it. I mostly do it out of reflex because I've had Adniel dropped on me a number of times, and there was an incident with an Urn...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 23, 2018
    People always begged and expected mob spawns when around GM's, but not from a random trolling guy who happened to hoard summoning urn gacha just so they could laugh at unsuspecting people. Been in almost every GM's Event since 2014 and almost every event had monster spawns, but lately GM's Events stopped at some point when Sabina left. I think after that we only had one or two such events, but can't remember if any spawns happened. Come on Nexon, we need a CM at this point...

Honestly and unofficially our CM has been Katherz. She's been our CM/GM for some time now.
    They should just make it official already.
    ShoogBlissfulkill
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Veylaine wrote: »

I am not sure when they used to do that. But I recall a GM saying they used troll players that way in Dunbarton.

Remember in old Vales when there was the XO event and people lure Giant guards to attack elves/elven allies back when giant guards still aggroed? And revenge when giants and giant allies get lured to Filia... which was more deadly.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited July 24, 2018
    To the people saying that players should just AFK somewhere else. That just defeats the purpose of the event. It's called Connous Beach Vacation Event so why should people have to AFK somewhere that is not Connous Beach?

EDIT: It's not a GM summoning urns to grief people. It's literally a player doing it. GM's don't summon monsters at offer hours with the intend to harm players. The only time I remember them summoning something at offer hours was a halloween 2016 event at 3am, but they summoning stuff like Zombies and had them with an altered A.I to play music. (One of the best GM events ever, I have to say)
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 24, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    To the people saying that players should just AFK somewhere else. That just defeats the purpose of the event. It's called Connous Beach Vacation Event so why should people have to AFK somewhere that is not Connous Beach?

Exactly, i also really like trying out these tanning chairs and kiddie pools to see for myself how it looks like. Maybe i'll decide and buy one too... But i guess it's too dangerous to be trying/checking out these props because some people are telling me to AFK somewhere else, sigh.

P.S: i also think this thread needs to be in Alexina Chat, because OP is from Alexina and they are sharing events from Alexina server as well. If you decided to move Zaro's threads where he discussed about communities and mentioned Alexina community then please do so and move any other thread that only shows things that are happening only around one server (in this case Alexina).
    Zephyrmaru
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Ok it's been almost a week since the event started, are they still summoning bosses? Because I would imagine by this time they either got bored or they ran out.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Exactly, i also really like trying out these tanning chairs and kiddie pools to see for myself how it looks like. Maybe i'll decide and buy one too... But i guess it's too dangerous to be trying/checking out these props because some people are telling me to AFK somewhere else, sigh.

P.S: i also think this thread needs to be in Alexina Chat, because OP is from Alexina and they are sharing events from Alexina server as well. If you decided to move Zaro's threads where he discussed about communities and mentioned Alexina community then please do so and move any other thread that only shows things that are happening only around one server (in this case Alexina).

Instead of being Connous Beach Vacation Event, it would be just called Event.

Looks like the epicenter of this occurring is on Alexina, I haven't seen it on Mari at all.
    Greta