Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

If this happened to gachapon

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    If I had to choose if I wanted Mabinogi DLC or gachapons, I would always choose gachapons.
    Many gaming companies use that method and I'm getting sick of it.
    It's worse on Pay2Play games though because they expect people to pay for both the base game AND their cruddy DLC. >_<
    That kind that adds content such as story, that should honestly be included in the main game.
    VeylaineBlissfulkillpawcalypseTairikuRadiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    But gachapons have been used for decades without regulation.
    Remember the days of baseball trading cards?
    They worked exactly the same. And then in Japan were game trading cards, like Yu-gi-Oh.
    You get a ton of cards that are common and within the pile you might get something rare.
    That's how you know it's rare.

Now, whether the pricing of online gaming gachapons are fair or not, I do not know. It is not a market I am familiar with. But how gachapons work, no one is obliged to tell you what the guaranteed chance of you getting something.

After all, you can go to a vending machine full of gachapons, empty it out and still not get the thing you're looking for.

What the complaint about online gachas is of course, in Mabi's case, the frequency of gachas is too high.
    People want to see more definite items in the shop and for sure they will buy versus gambling with gachas.
    Of course, we don't know which method Nexon makes more sales off of, because all NX purchases can be used for any game and we don't know if they sell gachas more over definite goods.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited October 18, 2017
    They worked exactly the same. And then in Japan were game trading cards, like Yu-gi-Oh.
    You get a ton of cards that are common and within the pile you might get something rare.

Now, whether the pricing of online gaming gachapons are fair or not, I do not know. It is not a market I am familiar with. But how gachapons work, no one is obliged to tell you what the guaranteed chance of you getting something.

After all, you can go to a vending machine full of gachapons, empty it out and still not get the thing you're looking for.
    I agree with this
    What the complaint about online gachas is of course, in Mabi's case, the frequency of gachas is too high.
    People want to see more definite items in the shop and for sure they will buy versus gambling with gachas.
    Of course, we don't know which method Nexon makes more sales off of, because all NX purchases can be used for any game and we don't know if they sell gachas more over definite goods.
    I believe this is why the UK is trying to put some case against loot-boxes
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited October 18, 2017
    It's all fun and games until a AAA publisher adds a $60 door fee so you can buy micro-transaction.
    pawcalypse
    pawcalypse wrote: »

I agree with this

The UK has a grudge against everything since losing the British Empire. At least they still have the Falklands.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715

I agree with this

The UK has a grudge against everything since losing the British Empire. At least they still have the Falklands.
    NONSENSE. THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE.
    Everyone: What is your stance on Brexit?
    Me: Whatever brings back the great British Empire.
    pawcalypseKensamaofmariRadiant Dawn
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385

I agree with this

._. Erm..I know quiet a few people from the Uk.. Never once has that at all came up, nor have they gotten a grudge just at anything.
    Tayloreski wrote: »

I agree with this

._. Erm..I know quiet a few people from the Uk.. Never once has that at all came up, nor have they gotten a grudge just at anything.

We should have used 9dnGeIh.png in our comments. :)
  • VanBlazeVanBlaze
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited May 29, 2019
    The real issue here is the gacha pool is soo stupidly large you can't win main prizes or prizes even related tot he box anymore.... The most recent box for example the Celestial items all drop below 1% that is honestly a horrible rate. For example just going by my personal experience opening 45 boxes i only obtained one celestial themed item.... The Green Celestial Daydream Sage Halo. Which means to even get one item related to the boxes theme items i had to buy 45. That means at a rate like that even if i were to spend £500 i would only get 10 items related to the theme of the box. This is the real problem with gachas really the theme prizes shoudl drop more often and they should also let you recycle gacha items for currency to buy desired items like in maple 2 that feels much more successful.
    Where as I could use £50 to buy items from it directly off a player or buy gold. This is why RMT is becoming more and more Common in mabi which is also why fewer and fewer people buy gacha.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Seriously dude...?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited May 29, 2019
    VanBlaze wrote: »
    The real issue here is the gacha pool is soo stupidly large you can't win main prizes or prizes even related tot he box anymore.... The most recent box for example the Celestial items all drop below 1% that is honestly a horrible rate. For example just going by my personal experience opening 45 boxes i only obtained one celestial themed item.... The Green Celestial Daydream Sage Halo. Which means to even get one item related to the boxes theme items i had to buy 45. That means at a rate like that even if i were to spend £500 i would only get 10 items related to the theme of the box. This is the real problem with gachas really the theme prizes shoudl drop more often and they should also let you recycle gacha items for currency to buy desired items like in maple 2 that feels much more successful.
    Where as I could use £50 to buy items from it directly off a player or buy gold. This is why RMT is becoming more and more Common in mabi which is also why fewer and fewer people buy gacha.

DUDE DON'T NECRO.

You can start a new thread and reference a thread you want to discuss some more. But don't necro a thread!

This has been happening a lot lately...

84e9a7cef36a59ae605fad98c7ac567841be388820bf3fb936fd21b646a1d605.gif
This discussion has been closed.