Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Easier Dan tests

Comments

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Well, there's so many mmos out there, yet for sooooome reason this always seems to be an issue almost exclusively here. I refuse to go the defeatist route and give up trying to get them to fix their crap. That aside, even the afforementioned idea is a better one than leaving things as they are. Hell, I once posted a complaint about the urgent shot speed requirement making training way faster for people as well, but such basic issues are never actually fixed, even when addressed. That's the core problem.

Though in this case, rather than just being slow, some of it just downright impossible. Different story altogether.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited February 14, 2018
    Human Magnum Shot Dan 2->Dan 3 is the most BS Artificial Difficulty advancement test in the game.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I attempted magnum 3 dan test almost 90 times today (only got salty because the gp loss really) but the highest score I got was barely 11k. With all I could do to lower my ping, it still wasn't enough.

Maybe to keep the gold sink option we could pay 3m to lose out on the badges, but at least get the training part done for the advancement. Or even have an ap cost, say 100 or so, so the option of actually doing it is more efficient but players with high ping aren't prevented from completing it. I also can't do the lightning bolt dan 3 for the same reason.

Yes yes this is a tired, and beaten topic but I'm just here to let off some steam. Most dan tests do actually test if you know the skill, or combos with it but praying you get crits isn't really skillful IMO.
    OdinwolfeImaizumi
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    this thread in a nutshell:
    "Screw the rules! I got Money!
    KagaChakylincourtneyy
  • RaintheswordRainthesword
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,905
    edited March 2, 2018
    So im running the Charging strike dan test to go from Dan 2 -> Dan 3 and need 12000 points. The problem lies in you earn points at a random amount when you land a hit from next to 0 to 100 and maybe 1 200 point hit each attempt of the test, the other way is to kill the enemy with the charging strike. Now lets introduce the enemy, the New gremlin. The genius who though this up needs some mental re-adjusting, the new gremlin basicly pings every 2nd to 3rd hit and will either instant hit you, run out of your range or chase after you because the fighter skill seems to love displacing you so your never where you are on screen. This basicly means the only way to achieve this is either you get all crits and next to no pings or you have some magical power to predict when they will ping and can time counters only for those turns because if you use it for every gremlin you wont have enough time to earn points in the time it takes to load.

... why do I need to spend millions of gold for a 1 in a billion chance to get half the requirement for dan 3? nexon why must you make everything rng and not skill?
    ChaosShadow
  • ToonToon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,460
    edited March 2, 2018
    Get crash shot dan 3, use crash shot to get to bonus wave quicker for the mag test. I have 200ms and I did it. I've done all the relevant tests, they were all quite easy. Mag does indeed become easy if you use crash shot correctly. Also look into using a ping booster if your ping is bad.
    [Deleted User]
  • ToonToon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,460

Not gonna lie, charging strike dan is extremely easy, just like all the others. Your connection seems bad, get a ping booster like WTFast, Mudfish or Pingzapper.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 2, 2018
    That biased poll lol.

EDIT: Never mind, for some reason people started to make Dan threads all of sudden and now they got merged. Thank god i won't need to see biased polls and multiple threads about same thing now.
    Veylaine
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Wait till you do Healing dan 3. Just end me plsease.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Wait till you do Healing dan 3. Just end me plsease.

If only all those chicks were cheering YOU on, instead of the Gutsy Chick.
    Good luck with that test.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Hazurah wrote: »
    this thread in a nutshell:
    "Screw the rules! I got Money!

seto-kaiba-500x500.png
    Basically. I feel like 3m and 50ap to skip it is fair. I do think I'll be able to get the dan magnum done once I get lower ms (thought it was about 200, it's almost 400) but if I could I'd pay to skip this one.

Still stand by my point that lightning bolt is impossible at high ping though.
    YangKoeteChaosShadow
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Jumpin in here to chime in because I love to say this:

I have 600-2000ms at any given time! Never less than 600ms, even on a good day! I don't do dan tests because they are actually impossible for me! I do however just pretend they don't exist, which makes it not so bad.
    I have come to terms with my internet, I cannot move just to get into better service range, and I am not belittling anyone who has lag but not monster lag! It is just a fun thing to share. :)
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Agreed ten times over. Screw all the naysayers or people who refuse to acknowledge how flawed these so-called "tests" are.

Give us another method of fulfilling the advancement requirements that just punishes our gold wallets harder, but is feasible for those with high ping to do- Anything simpler so I can actually start enjoying the game again... Please...
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    It's too bad we don't really have a lot of say in NA. Even if it was a NX alternative many people would pay.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited March 3, 2018
    Dan 3 magnum is crazy hard, but doable. I would have hated to do it on a human though. o_O

I can't ever see them replacing it with just paying gold. It's intended to be a heavy money sink and bragging rights.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    I saw a suggestion that was basically "Let A Ranks and S Ranks count towards training, just significantly less so we have to do more of them."

Example for Dan 2 -> 3
    -Pass Dan Advancement test with an A (0/50) +0.20
    -Pass Dan Advancement test with an S (0/20) +5.00
    -Pass Dan Advancement test with an SS (0/4) +20.00

Or something along those lines.
    That'll punish wallets harder but more fairly, and allow people with bad ping a chance to rank their Dans, instead of having to sit out when they Fail-Pass.

Despite being unable to pass Dan tests due to bad ping, I am fully against "just let us pay our way up" as an alternative.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited March 4, 2018
    Giegue wrote: »
    That'll punish wallets harder but more fairly, and allow people with bad ping a chance to rank their Dans, instead of having to sit out when they Fail-Pass.

Honestly even just not allowing the "fail pass" would be helpful. I don't care what people say about "two little clicks", I ended getting delayed on the Dan 3 magnum test a bunch of times due to just being a mere 10 or 20 points off. :P
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Policroma wrote: »
    Dan 3 magnum is crazy hard, but doable. I would have hated to do it on a human though. o_O

I can't ever see them replacing it with just paying gold. It's intended to be a heavy money sink and bragging rights.

I'm not sure if getting really lucky with crits and decent ping is worth bragging about.
    IyasenuChaosShadowImaizumi
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900

Crazy hard is hardly extreme enough of a description for Human magnum shot Dan test for Dan 3.

when everything goes right as a human, the best I ever got was 11k, just like Hellkaizer said.

and that was me getting Dan 2.

Ever since the highest I can do while trying, and missing 95%'s, not critting, is 8kish.

This is absolutely a case of artificial difficulty and unfair balance, Humans waste a WHOLE second MORE than elves per magnum shot due to the cooldown.

And elves already have issues getting Dan 3?

Give me a break.

RNG =\= skill..

p.s.

This reply is not a personal attack on you, but the Dan 3 magnum shot disparity in difficulty between human and elf tests.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Odinwolfe wrote: »

Crazy hard is hardly extreme enough of a description for Human magnum shot Dan test for Dan 3.

when everything goes right as a human, the best I ever got was 11k, just like Hellkaizer said.

and that was me getting Dan 2.

Ever since the highest I can do while trying, and missing 95%'s, not critting, is 8kish.

This is absolutely a case of artificial difficulty and unfair balance, Humans waste a WHOLE second MORE than elves per magnum shot due to the cooldown.

And elves already have issues getting Dan 3?

Give me a break.

RNG =\= skill..

p.s.

This reply is not a personal attack on you, but the Dan 3 magnum shot disparity in difficulty between human and elf tests.

On a side note, the flameburst dan3 is also just as bad, you basically need crits to pass. I'm honestly just tired of dan tests in general, a lot of them were a good challenge that really tests your knowledge of the skill, but with magnum it's kill everything as fast as possible to get to the last round where hits mean something.
    YangKoete