Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

...20 barri basic runs and No Crystal.

Comments

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    Posts: 6,926
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting. The only concerning thing to me is the 5th crystal because of the singular area of the mob that drops it. Very stupid on Nexon’s part to make it drop from an enemy found in one spot that and only from them.

    This. Most Shock pages are so hard to get, except first two. FB10 is quite easy drop if you like to hunt Ancient monsters, but F9 was hardest to get since it drops only from Succubus in Rabbie Basic or from Strange Books in GoP SM.
    pawcalypse
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting.
    At least those skills can be bypass with seals........
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    ShouK wrote: »
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Underground places like solea and the one in the desert

    I tried Accessing Connous Underground aka "Ant Hell". I couldn't get in through the plumes of sand. :(
    I think he meants the one with tons of herb patches.

    I didn’t go there because it takes too long to map out the whole area and if I found that there’s no ancients after all that effort I don’t think my heart can take it. Although if all else fails I guess I’ll go there then lol

    There is two of them. Due to the large amount of ancient killing, I tried Ant Hell, but the traditional methods do not work. I suspect it due to the Iria Update a few years back.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,050
    Posts: 2,762
    Member
    ShouK wrote: »
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting.
    At least those skills can be bypass with seals........

    Farming for seals is more tedious, quite honestly. I only used them for skills like Shock due to the overall tediousness of those pages. Meanwhile, seals don't drop at a bad rate. We have just been so used to get things within a day or two that we have forgotten what real playing was like.

    One could say this is artificially lengthening the game, but one must keep in mind that the game itself is "artificially lengthened" in general. We could get all these skills off the bat for no effort. Accomplishment comes not from being a better player, but being a dedicated one.
    pawcalypse
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    The only concerning thing to me is the 5th crystal because of the singular area of the mob that drops it. Very stupid on Nexon’s part to make it drop from an enemy found in one spot that and only from them.

    Gonna assume you meant the 6th crystal as the 5th is the one on deadend chest which I actually found in the very first chest I opened. So if we talk about going to kill hornets... yea, it was annoying specially cus just one player can just take all of them easily if they're skilled enough and let's not talk about those who cc like mad to take out all of them in all channels. I think that one should have had a second way to find it like others do tbh :/

  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    There's no need to farm for seals. I have never farmed for seals. I only ever used event seals. Dedicated? More like being a lucky player.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 486
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Farming for seals is more tedious, quite honestly. I only used them for skills like Shock due to the overall tediousness of those pages. Meanwhile, seals don't drop at a bad rate. We have just been so used to get things within a day or two that we have forgotten what real playing was like.

    One could say this is artificially lengthening the game, but one must keep in mind that the game itself is "artificially lengthened" in general. We could get all these skills off the bat for no effort. Accomplishment comes not from being a better player, but being a dedicated one.
    ShouK wrote: »
    There's no need to farm for seals. I have never farmed for seals. I only ever used event seals. Dedicated? More like being a lucky player.

    I agree with you both.
    RNG makes one lazy and dedicated, there is also the difference between procrastination and being a game addict of which a gamer has mastered the balance of both (i.e.: AFK fishing). On times like this the drop rate for the items makes one eager to follow through yet the low rate of successfully getting the item makes one hate everything while still willing enough to continue. Has anyone tried collecting each monster or taming them?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    On times like this the drop rate for the items makes one eager to follow through yet the low rate of successfully getting the item makes one hate everything while still willing enough to continue.
    Um no it just makes me want to quit playing Mabi for the day. Which is what I did today. I normally always do daily quests after reset but I’m so burnt out from hunting ancients and hornets that I just don’t want to do anything in Mabi anymore. I think I’m just gonna hunt the ancients during 2x item drop rate or just buy them if there’s even a person in Alexina that prices them rationally (someone said people trying to sell it for 10-15m).
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting. The only concerning thing to me is the 5th crystal because of the singular area of the mob that drops it. Very stupid on Nexon’s part to make it drop from an enemy found in one spot that and only from them.

    This. Most Shock pages are so hard to get, except first two. FB10 is quite easy drop if you like to hunt Ancient monsters, but F9 was hardest to get since it drops only from Succubus in Rabbie Basic or from Strange Books in GoP SM.

    Differences between this chain blade skill and Shock/AR/FB/Thun/IS:

    Shock and AR pages do not come from field monster drops. They all have trash drop rates, but you were never competing with the entire server for a shock page drop since they all came from shadow mission based monsters (who's CP you could control) or end chests. AR/FB/Thunder/IS have all of their pages dropped by dungeon monsters. Again, you aren't competing with the entire server because those are instance based.
    VeylaineMizukiHayamaShouKpawcalypsebadnewsbarrett
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Farming for seals is more tedious, quite honestly. I only used them for skills like Shock due to the overall tediousness of those pages. Meanwhile, seals don't drop at a bad rate. We have just been so used to get things within a day or two that we have forgotten what real playing was like.

    One could say this is artificially lengthening the game, but one must keep in mind that the game itself is "artificially lengthened" in general. We could get all these skills off the bat for no effort. Accomplishment comes not from being a better player, but being a dedicated one.
    ShouK wrote: »
    There's no need to farm for seals. I have never farmed for seals. I only ever used event seals. Dedicated? More like being a lucky player.

    I agree with you both.
    RNG makes one lazy and dedicated, there is also the difference between procrastination and being a game addict of which a gamer has mastered the balance of both (i.e.: AFK fishing). On times like this the drop rate for the items makes one eager to follow through yet the low rate of successfully getting the item makes one hate everything while still willing enough to continue. Has anyone tried collecting each monster or taming them?

    well rng sure is weird one guild mate got their fishing crystal in 3 pulls and took me 900+ bait lol
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,530
    Posts: 671
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Farming for seals is more tedious, quite honestly. I only used them for skills like Shock due to the overall tediousness of those pages. Meanwhile, seals don't drop at a bad rate. We have just been so used to get things within a day or two that we have forgotten what real playing was like.

    One could say this is artificially lengthening the game, but one must keep in mind that the game itself is "artificially lengthened" in general. We could get all these skills off the bat for no effort. Accomplishment comes not from being a better player, but being a dedicated one.
    ShouK wrote: »
    There's no need to farm for seals. I have never farmed for seals. I only ever used event seals. Dedicated? More like being a lucky player.

    I agree with you both.
    RNG makes one lazy and dedicated, there is also the difference between procrastination and being a game addict of which a gamer has mastered the balance of both (i.e.: AFK fishing). On times like this the drop rate for the items makes one eager to follow through yet the low rate of successfully getting the item makes one hate everything while still willing enough to continue. Has anyone tried collecting each monster or taming them?

    well rng sure is weird one guild mate got their fishing crystal in 3 pulls and took me 900+ bait lol

    I pulled 3 using only 340 bait (some of them were the crafted item bait) while fishing over night.

    I feel like I killed my luck forever.
    Veylaine
  • YureiYurei
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting. The only concerning thing to me is the 5th crystal because of the singular area of the mob that drops it. Very stupid on Nexon’s part to make it drop from an enemy found in one spot that and only from them.

    This. Most Shock pages are so hard to get, except first two. FB10 is quite easy drop if you like to hunt Ancient monsters, but F9 was hardest to get since it drops only from Succubus in Rabbie Basic or from Strange Books in GoP SM.

    Differences between this chain blade skill and Shock/AR/FB/Thun/IS:

    Shock and AR pages do not come from field monster drops. They all have trash drop rates, but you were never competing with the entire server for a shock page drop since they all came from shadow mission based monsters (who's CP you could control) or end chests. AR/FB/Thunder/IS have all of their pages dropped by dungeon monsters. Again, you aren't competing with the entire server because those are instance based.

    that's actually incorrect, shock pages drop from scathach monsters. in fact the only way i ever got 3, 4, and 6 were from the wolves.
    otherwise though yea, plus since scathach has been generally deserted for a long time before (at least in my experience) the only obstacle to hunting for those really is the annoyingly low droprate (ofc)
    Greta
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Yurei wrote: »
    that's actually incorrect, shock pages drop from scathach monsters. in fact the only way i ever got 3, 4, and 6 were from the wolves.
    otherwise though yea, plus since scathach has been generally deserted for a long time before (at least in my experience) the only obstacle to hunting for those really is the annoyingly low droprate (ofc)

    You aren't forced to hunt field monsters for shock though. Every page that has a field spawn drop also has a shadow mission drop location. The dorcha crystals that have monster drops are exclusively field monsters with no instanced spawning available to the player.
    Veylaine
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Yurei wrote: »
    that's actually incorrect, shock pages drop from scathach monsters. in fact the only way i ever got 3, 4, and 6 were from the wolves.
    otherwise though yea, plus since scathach has been generally deserted for a long time before (at least in my experience) the only obstacle to hunting for those really is the annoyingly low droprate (ofc)

    You aren't forced to hunt field monsters for shock though. Every page that has a field spawn drop also has a shadow mission drop location. The dorcha crystals that have monster drops are exclusively field monsters with no instanced spawning available to the player.
    Technically the 2nd crystal can be dungeon instance ( succubus fiend ) but practically(debatable) could be field monster only
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Technically the 2nd crystal can be dungeon instance ( succubus fiend ) but practically it is field monster only

    And then you lock out all the newer/low ended players who just wanted a cool skill because they can't do end game content. On a more important note, my guild went into phantasm and farmed fiends in the boss room for 30 minutes and got no drops.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Technically the 2nd crystal can be dungeon instance ( succubus fiend ) but practically it is field monster only

    And then you lock out all the newer/low ended players who just wanted a cool skill because they can't do end game content. On a more important note, my guild went into phantasm and farmed fiends in the boss room for 30 minutes and got no drops.

    funny you say that because the game recommends new players the talent LOL Profile.png
    MizukiHayama
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,530
    Posts: 671
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Technically the 2nd crystal can be dungeon instance ( succubus fiend ) but practically it is field monster only

    And then you lock out all the newer/low ended players who just wanted a cool skill because they can't do end game content. On a more important note, my guild went into phantasm and farmed fiends in the boss room for 30 minutes and got no drops.

    funny you say that because the game recommends new players the talent LOL Profile.png

    I actually didnt even think about that.
    Those poor newbies... There is no way.

    Skills are fun as hell, but there is no way.
    Veylaine
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Posts: 156
    Member
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting. The only concerning thing to me is the 5th crystal because of the singular area of the mob that drops it. Very stupid on Nexon’s part to make it drop from an enemy found in one spot that and only from them.

    umm the 5th crystal only drops from dungeon dead chests. as far as i know. it doesn't drop from mobs.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Posts: 156
    Member
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Technically the 2nd crystal can be dungeon instance ( succubus fiend ) but practically it is field monster only

    And then you lock out all the newer/low ended players who just wanted a cool skill because they can't do end game content. On a more important note, my guild went into phantasm and farmed fiends in the boss room for 30 minutes and got no drops.

    this is also why i think that they should make it 2 ways you can obtain the crystals.

    method 1 geared to anyone. You can do easy game content like fishing or acient hunting or killing hornets but it has a chance to drop.

    or method 2 geared towards end game or high level players. Clear a high level or endgame activity that is assigned to that crystal for a guaranteed drop.

    or example. i need the 5th crystal, i can either just spam run normal or basic dungeons for the chests at a chance for the crystal, or i can slug through some of the harder content in the game for a guaranteed drop for the crystal. opening a means of RNG or 100% drop rate and makes it that their is always at least 1 way for a newbie to still get the item. essentially Risk Vs Reward.
    Yurei
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    funny you say that because the game recommends new players the talent LOL Profile.png

    That combined with this dorcha crystal quest is what makes me think Korea is out of touch with their own game. The talent itself is pretty easy to get the hang of, but they showed us all the skills and locked a quarter of them behind quests that most noobs will not be able to complete.