Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

...20 barri basic runs and No Crystal.

Comments

  • qaccyqaccy
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    Posts: 14
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    this is also why i think that they should make it 2 ways you can obtain the crystals.

    method 1 geared to anyone. You can do easy game content like fishing or acient hunting or killing hornets but it has a chance to drop.

    or method 2 geared towards end game or high level players. Clear a high level or endgame activity that is assigned to that crystal for a guaranteed drop.

    or example. i need the 5th crystal, i can either just spam run normal or basic dungeons for the chests at a chance for the crystal, or i can slug through some of the harder content in the game for a guaranteed drop for the crystal. opening a means of RNG or 100% drop rate and makes it that their is always at least 1 way for a newbie to still get the item. essentially Risk Vs Reward.

    If you haven't noticed, this isn't how Mabi works at all. Hard content does not guarantee anything good that can also be obtained from lower/easier content. Heck, in a lot of cases the average overall drop rate is even lower to compensate for the 'fact' that the drops are generally more valuable. Low-difficulty SMs for example shower you with crappy potions and equipment drops, which all but disappear when you're running HM/elite missions.

    The RNG in this game is intentionally designed backwards from a player perspective. Provide higher drops at the lower end to suck people in, and reduce that drop rate as they advance to harder content but do it gradually so most people don't notice.

    EDIT: I should add in that in the games I've played with RNG progression, there's almost never any guaranteed 'skip' for the RNG unless it's a microtransaction/p2w thing. I'd suggest that there's an Ace talent coming for Chain Slash to fill this gap, but playing through the 'story' for the update says that isn't going to happen unless Nexon wants to throw that out the window for the cash grab opportunity...which looking at their current star promotion (where the lower-cost package is better star value than the large one), wouldn't surprise me.
  • NeyheshiNeyheshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Posts: 43
    Member
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Neyheshi wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be forgetting how tedious Shock pages were or AR8/FB10. This isnt new and the fact that its a new skill means a lot of people are going to be hunting. The only concerning thing to me is the 5th crystal because of the singular area of the mob that drops it. Very stupid on Nexon’s part to make it drop from an enemy found in one spot that and only from them.

    This. Most Shock pages are so hard to get, except first two. FB10 is quite easy drop if you like to hunt Ancient monsters, but F9 was hardest to get since it drops only from Succubus in Rabbie Basic or from Strange Books in GoP SM.

    Differences between this chain blade skill and Shock/AR/FB/Thun/IS:

    Shock and AR pages do not come from field monster drops. They all have trash drop rates, but you were never competing with the entire server for a shock page drop since they all came from shadow mission based monsters (who's CP you could control) or end chests. AR/FB/Thunder/IS have all of their pages dropped by dungeon monsters. Again, you aren't competing with the entire server because those are instance based.

    Yeah thats true, but for those you also needed to hunt for specific Dungeon Passes and on top of that find a group of friends willing to donate the page if dropped. Each had their own tedium and the fact that people are complaining about not being able to get the drops instantaneously is kind of silly. I hate to pull the “Back in my day” card but we need to remember how crazy it was before Adventure Seals and books that drop pages for Int. Magic.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Technically the 2nd crystal can be dungeon instance ( succubus fiend ) but practically it is field monster only

    And then you lock out all the newer/low ended players who just wanted a cool skill because they can't do end game content. On a more important note, my guild went into phantasm and farmed fiends in the boss room for 30 minutes and got no drops.

    funny you say that because the game recommends new players the talent LOL Profile.png

    Recommending a dual stat talent alone is bad enough but considering what you have to do to get some of the skills ( sketch a banshee or coil abyss )

    I'm sure it'll be a rough day for NEW players for sure if they start out as this talent
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    Sai wrote: »

    I pulled 3 using only 340 bait (some of them were the crafted item bait) while fishing over night.

    I feel like I killed my luck forever.
    I guess it didnt help that I only had rank F fishing, only ranked all of tailor carp and blacksmith and some of cooking skills because they gave good dex or were crafting skills.

    Fishing didnt give good amount of dex imo so I never ranked it but I regret it now lol wouldn't of had to use 900+ bait to get the crystal if I did rank it.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »

    I pulled 3 using only 340 bait (some of them were the crafted item bait) while fishing over night.

    I feel like I killed my luck forever.
    I guess it didnt help that I only had rank F fishing, only ranked all of tailor carp and blacksmith and some of cooking skills because they gave good dex or were crafting skills.

    Fishing didnt give good amount of dex imo so I never ranked it but I regret it now lol wouldn't of had to use 900+ bait to get the crystal if I did rank it.

    even more reason to not recommend this talent to New Players they'll have a hard time fishing for their crystal like you did.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    And then you lock out all the newer/low ended players who just wanted a cool skill because they can't do end game content. On a more important note, my guild went into phantasm and farmed fiends in the boss room for 30 minutes and got no drops.

    I don't think this talent is meant for new players or low end game.

    With that being said the game shouldn't recommend this talent to starters on the rebirthing page
    (EDIT: auto correct made it to rebutting lol )
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    This kind of is a beginner talent. It has very high damage weapons and very good stat ratio 2.5 dex=1 max, also with high skill damage multipliers.
    You don't NEED to do the hard quests. Spinning slasher is lame anyway
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,610
    Posts: 6,926
    Member
    lceCream wrote: »
    This kind of is a beginner talent. It has very high damage weapons and very good stat ratio 2.5 dex=1 max, also with high skill damage multipliers.
    You don't NEED to do the hard quests. Spinning slasher is lame anyway

    Spinning Slasher is... lame? Really? I love AOE attacks and also that fabulous spin~
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Posts: 53
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    lceCream wrote: »
    This kind of is a beginner talent. It has very high damage weapons and very good stat ratio 2.5 dex=1 max, also with high skill damage multipliers.
    You don't NEED to do the hard quests. Spinning slasher is lame anyway

    Spinning Slasher is... lame? Really? I love AOE attacks and also that fabulous spin~

    The way of targeting it's a bit annoying... besides that, it's far from being lame yea xD
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    lceCream wrote: »
    This kind of is a beginner talent. It has very high damage weapons and very good stat ratio 2.5 dex=1 max, also with high skill damage multipliers.
    You don't NEED to do the hard quests. Spinning slasher is lame anyway

    Using Dex is not a good argument
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/User:Rydian/Chain_Skills
    Better with stance with luck
    My math might be a little off but with ALL skills and the talent is about 85 Dex and 260 Luck and luck is either 4 or 3 luck for 1 damage point.

    BTW spinning slasher being lame is just your opinion I think it's pretty cool lol
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 486
    Member
    Veylaine wrote: »
    well rng sure is weird one guild mate got their fishing crystal in 3 pulls and took me 900+ bait lol

    On related note:
    I got the 5th dorcha on my first run in Barri Basic. A guild member also got it on his first try when I had a spare pass to share.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 199
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Trythis wrote: »
    lceCream wrote: »
    This kind of is a beginner talent. It has very high damage weapons and very good stat ratio 2.5 dex=1 max, also with high skill damage multipliers.
    You don't NEED to do the hard quests. Spinning slasher is lame anyway

    Using Dex is not a good argument
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/User:Rydian/Chain_Skills
    Better with stance with luck
    My math might be a little off but with ALL skills and the talent is about 85 Dex and 260 Luck and luck is either 4 or 3 luck for 1 damage point.

    BTW spinning slasher being lame is just your opinion I think it's pretty cool lol

    What I'm saying chain slash is closer to the "main skills" like archery and combat where they both have 2.5 str,dex= 1 max
    Compared to the stat ratio for fighter, ninja and gunner, chain slash is better

    Spinning slasher may look cool but it's useless and hard to use. Crisis does the same thing but better. It's not worth the effort just like shock pgs aren't worth the effort unless you want the stats.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,230
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Spinning Slasher seems to be nice in a party of other Chain Slashers.

    It couples nice with Chain Sweep, since it doesn't block it or get interrupted by it.

    It definitely takes some getting used to the way it targets.

    I also like how Self-Destructing enemies don't explode if they're killed by Spinning Slasher.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Posts: 315
    Member
    Do these crystals even drop for people who do not have the quest ongoing?
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Posts: 519
    Member
    I haven't even started the talent yet but reading through this thread makes me not want to...
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    lceCream wrote: »

    What I'm saying chain slash is closer to the "main skills" like archery and combat where they both have 2.5 str,dex= 1 max
    Compared to the stat ratio for fighter, ninja and gunner, chain slash is better

    Spinning slasher may look cool but it's useless and hard to use. Crisis does the same thing but better. It's not worth the effort just like shock pgs aren't worth the effort unless you want the stats.

    Yes it's true that the state gain of dex is similar to close combat melee making it better overall better than some talents.

    But you have to think about from a beginners perspective and not yours.

    Human warriors 246 str ( not including charge ) with warrior skills and talent
    Giants 309 (if they have trouble getting taunt and/or training throwing attack 272~285 ) again without charge and giant warrior talent
    Human Archer 233 AR not included since they might have trouble getting the pages and archery talent
    Elves 295 with skills and talent

    Compared to chains 85 total dex

    That's why I said you'd have better argument with luck

    Yes in the long run it might be better with dex , but think about someone who is just starring out

    That's why arguing for luck is better than dex for this or at least include luck in the argument.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    @IceCream also if you don't do the hard skills :spinning slasher and death mark ( death mark because sketch a banshee) or Baltane skills ( explosion, raging thurst, and chain burst )
    You only have 185 luck and 65dex without them

    EDIT: yes that's with master title
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,315
    Posts: 485
    Member
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Do these crystals even drop for people who do not have the quest ongoing?

    Yes it drops.
    pawcalypse
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,110
    Posts: 818
    Member
    My question is:
    Is Spinning Slasher **needed** to Master the skillset?
    I cannot bring myself to grind for hours for these crystals, nor do I have the gold to buy them from other players.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,315
    Posts: 485
    Member
    edited December 16, 2017
    Harukari wrote: »
    My question is:
    Is Spinning Slasher **needed** to Master the skillset?
    I cannot bring myself to grind for hours for these crystals, nor do I have the gold to buy them from other players.

    Yes

    it requires all r1 includes future extra chain skills + at least rank 4 Spinning Slasher in order to become a Master.