Check out the patch notes for the Dungeon Guide System update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63107/dungeon-guide-system-patch-notes-november-12th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Why do people constantly insist that mabi is dying

Comments

  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited January 7, 2018
    @TNinja ~ Yes. Korea has bots. They also have laws on the books to prosecute gold farmers (unlike the USA).

    @Readers ~ The people who run the bots live on this forum. They're easy to spot if you know what to look for.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,350
    Posts: 7,907
    Member
    54ee8891286bc3f9e0fff988f9a07b6c7cb1aea8_hq.gif
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,645
    Posts: 310
    Member
    Gachapons to the rescue!
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,350
    Posts: 7,907
    Member
    chaika-headshake.gif
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,455
    Posts: 391
    Member
    pexels-photo.jpg

    Is it raining?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    Posts: 1,701
    Member
    edited January 7, 2018
    TNinja wrote: »
    Wait, Korea doesn't have gold bots?

    They probably do, but seeing how small of an area KR is alongside their larger teams compared to NA, they probably get dealt with much quicker with the large ban waves.
    You can see last Friday's shame list to get an idea of how differently KR runs from NA on such matters.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,945
    Posts: 1,157
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @TNinja ~ Yes. Korea has bots. They also have laws on the books to prosecute gold farmers (unlike the USA).

    Hm, but you mentioned that one of the reasons our NEXON wastes too much money is because the bots costs them money.

    It doesn't look related at this rate.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited January 8, 2018
    TNinja wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @TNinja ~ Yes. Korea has bots. They also have laws on the books to prosecute gold farmers (unlike the USA).

    Hm, but you mentioned that one of the reasons our NEXON wastes too much money is because the bots costs them money.

    It doesn't look related at this rate.
    Anything that takes your money or prevents you from earning money; costs you money.

    How much money does Nexon spend per year on DDoS mitigation, and why?

    How much uptime (vs downtime) have we had as a result of said mitigation?

    How much money is lost (not being spent) when the servers are being attacked?

    Why did we upgrade and relocate the servers in 2012? How about the NPC servers?

    Do you remember? ~ Trivia: Was it because of latency, population, or hackers?

    Do you think we gained or lost from the black robe incidents?

    How about the hundreds of players who were locked out as a result?

    How much money would they have spent had they not been locked out?

    How long was the average affected player locked out (the answer is greater than 1 year)?

    How many accounts were stolen by gold farmers during a purchase or visit to their site?

    Why do we have a spending limit for Credit Cards?

    Do you think fraud has anything to do with it?

    Who loses to Credit Card fraud; the buyer or the seller? Both can be (or are) the loser, but in this scenario it's usually the seller who loses out because they have to refund money for a product already consumed. ~ This is why people get banned over credit card purchases.

    Why was the Maple Trading System closed down? ** ~ How many Arrows (1000) did you end up buying?

    ** It seems unrelated until we count the money stolen (real cash money), and from where it was stolen.

    Why did Nexon drop their name from (stop hosting) Dungeon Fighter, Dragon Nest, and Atlantica? ~

    They all had huge populations...... of bots, hackers, and dedicated players.
    You can sit there and pretend there's no causality, ..but that's all you'd be doing.

  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    edited January 8, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @TNinja ~ Yes. Korea has bots. They also have laws on the books to prosecute gold farmers (unlike the USA).

    Hm, but you mentioned that one of the reasons our NEXON wastes too much money is because the bots costs them money.

    It doesn't look related at this rate.
    Anything that takes your money or prevents you from earning money; costs you money.

    How much money does Nexon spend per year on DDoS mitigation, and why?

    How much uptime (vs downtime) have we had as a result of said mitigation?

    How much money is lost (not being spent) when the servers are being attacked?

    Why did we upgrade and relocate the servers in 2012? How about the NPC servers?

    Do you remember? ~ Trivia: Was it because of latency, population, or hackers?

    Do you think we gained or lost from the black robe incidents?

    How about the hundreds of players who were locked out as a result?

    How much money would they have spent had they not been locked out?

    How long was the average affected player locked out (the answer is greater than 1 year)?

    How many accounts were stolen by gold farmers during a purchase or visit to their site?

    Why do we have a spending limit for Credit Cards?

    Do you think fraud has anything to do with it?

    Who loses to Credit Card fraud; the buyer or the seller? Both can be (or are) the loser, but in this scenario it's usually the seller who loses out because they have to refund money for a product already consumed. ~ This is why people get banned over credit card purchases.

    Why was the Maple Trading System closed down? ** ~ How many Arrows (1000) did you end up buying?

    ** It seems unrelated until we count the money stolen (real cash money), and from where it was stolen.

    Why did Nexon drop their name from (stop hosting) Dungeon Fighter, Dragon Nest, and Atlantica? ~

    They all had huge populations...... of bots, hackers, and dedicated players.
    You can sit there and pretend there's no causality, ..but that's all you'd be doing.

    I can answer some questions by just looking into how the website is built. Look at this picture

    https://imgur.com/a/47bNE

    https://imgur.com/a/bVYmZ

    1) I say zero money is being spent on DDoS mitigation for reasons unknown to us.

    2) It doesn't cost money when you are attacked, the whole idea of a protected website/game is to stop it.

    3) I think the 2012 server location is something of a downgrade rather than an upgrade. Another theory is how Microsoft Windows 10 is so awful that Nexon is trying to fix it.

    4) The spending limit might be Nexon answer to help customers who might have their credit stolen. CloudFlare is the only protection they have, I won't show a picture because I don't want people to see my info when I try to use credit. Use the app I showed you and you see what I mean.

    5) Yes it is a mystery why Nexon is being so cheap with NA, it may not be long until there is no NA Nexon or another report of people credit card stolen.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,350
    Posts: 7,907
    Member
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    pexels-photo.jpg

    Is it raining?

    It's pouring. kek.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited January 8, 2018
    @watercat0 ~ Linux is more secure than Windows (the pix are void). Money spent on mitigation (regarding Nexon) is done so internally. They provide their own mitigation services. ~ If your website is being attacked (held down by some noob on a 3g cellphone), no one can buy things (spend their money) = lost money. The 2012 server move wasn't an upgrade at all (it was a trick question). We both know why that happened. The spending limit on credit cards is the result of mass fraud. ~ You can only fool someone so many times before they get smart and react.

    It's not a mystery if you see things for what they are.

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,350
    Posts: 7,907
    Member
    My connection to this site is still not secure.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited January 8, 2018
    @Gaea ~ Your connection will never be secure on this page (the forum), because it's not an https page.

    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net

    https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net

    If you don't load the scripts blocked by Google.. the main pages remain secure (I thought I told you that).
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea ~ Your connection will never be secure on this page (the forum), because it's not an https page.

    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net

    https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net

    If you don't load the scripts blocked by Google.. the main pages remain secure (I thought I told you that).

    Maybe Google is right and it is insecure, they never got hacked, you don't see news sites saying "google.com got hacked".
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited January 8, 2018
    @watercat0 ~ They are right (sort of) ... but only when the scripts are loaded. ~ I doubt it's anything major.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    hgf9ttd.jpg

  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @watercat0 ~ They are right (sort of) ... but only when the scripts are loaded. ~ I doubt it's anything major.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    hgf9ttd.jpg

    it says from unauthorized sources, something that is not official or confirmed to be safe.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    Posts: 1,701
    Member
    edited January 8, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Why was the Maple Trading System closed down? ** ~ How many Arrows (1000) did you end up buying?

    ** It seems unrelated until we count the money stolen (real cash money), and from where it was stolen.

    Why did Nexon drop their name from (stop hosting) Dungeon Fighter, Dragon Nest, and Atlantica? ~

    They all had huge populations...... of bots, hackers, and dedicated players.
    You can sit there and pretend there's no causality, ..but that's all you'd be doing.

    Maplestory Trade System Shutdown- Due to abusive nature/community behavior
    Nexon No Longer Hosting DFO- Funding
    Dragon Nest- Eyedentity wanted to handle it themselves
    Atlantica- Nexon NA was a middle man for a struggling company/temporary house until the funds went back up
    Random DDoS Attacks- Illegal attempts by outside groups to interfere with online business (Unfortunately, not uncommon in this modern age.)
    Black Robe Incidents- Turned out to be just a bug that was fixed later.

    Relation to Illegal Gold Bots: Temporary annoyance in an already struggling NA branch, playing the catch up to KR game.

    Oh, also for this:
    "How many accounts were stolen by gold farmers during a purchase or visit to their site?"
    Purchasing gold from gold bots/farmers is an illegal purchase, so people who do such things take their account's future in their own hands.
    IE- Nexon's ToS and clause of reliability:
    2.5 Account Security.
    You are responsible for the confidentiality and use of your account information and agree not to transfer your right to use or access the Service via sharing your username or password to any third person. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you should promptly change your password and notify us of the problem by submitting a ticket to our Customer Support department. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES AND CHARGES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.

    2.7 NX, Purchase of Virtual Items and Account Balances.
    While using the Service, you may have the opportunity to visit online and in-game “stores” where you can obtain and use Nexon’s virtual currency, known as NX, and digital, in-game items. Anything obtained in our stores is not purchased by you, but rather is licensed to you under the terms of this ToS and the applicable agreements. NX has no "real world" value, but may be exchanged for in-game items. You acknowledge that the NX acquired through the Service is not real currency or any type of financial instrument and is not redeemable for any sum of money from us at any time. REGARDLESS OF THE CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR VIRTUAL CURRENCY, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE ITEMS OBTAINED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY.

    All purchases of NX and/or virtual items in our stores are subject to our Terms of Sale policy. All purchases made through third party distribution platforms (e.g., purchases made on Steam) are subject to that third party platform’s terms and conditions.

    We have no obligation or responsibility to and will not reimburse you for any item or any NX lost due to your violations of this ToS or any other applicable agreement.





  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 61,350
    Posts: 7,907
    Member
    edited January 8, 2018
    I am not saying I condone this, but buying gold does not compromise your account. The risk you run is unfulfilled orders and potential credit or debit card compromises - which is way worse. But it could compromise your nexon account if the suspicious activity is detected i.e getting yourself banned by buying gold.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    Posts: 764
    Member
    Because mabinogi IS dying.
    Unhealthy amount of cash grab.
    Very saturated player market.
    Inadequate amount of game update (i don't really like waiting 6 month for a sub par strory line that i could finish in 6 hour).
    Uninspired events with rewards that i don't care about.
    Unsocial and bitter player base.
    Gm and mods that let the player base breaking rules left and right.
    Gear progression where you are required to spend money on reforge just to be sub par in dungeon.


    No one want to put any effort playing mmorpg with problem like that. Plus most of the old player either scam, discourage, or ignore new player.
    watercat0
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 314
    Member
    I'm not one of those "the game is dying", but as the game is still being the same from back when it was released (talking about graphics and such), I think we will soon see the birth of a new game with what we love (loved) about Mabinogi and that would mean the end of the NA server. Mabinogi will still be played in Asia but not anywhere near us.

    That's my idea - counting that we probably won't get a graphic upgrade as WoW.

    As for the rest, I don't see it DYING, but with a future sentence of death (?), so still lively as a retired person that travels the world


    Oh, about the "Mabinogi on Steam" bla bla story
    xzl52UK.png

This discussion has been closed.