Check out the patch notes for the Dungeon Guide System update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63107/dungeon-guide-system-patch-notes-november-12th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Character Appearance Log-in Issue

Comments

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    @Leinei ~ Have you (or anyone reading this post) deleted the Mabinogi Cache?

Close the game.
    Delete this folder: C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Mabinogi\Cache
    Run the game.

Does the above make a difference?
    I just did the above and took a 64.8 mb patch. ~ No problems. :)

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,220
    edited January 11, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Trythis ~ Often times bugs will linger on for years because the people reporting them don't do it properly. It's not always as simple as telling someone, 'hey look, there's a bug, fix it'... ~ Knowing there's a bug does little if you don't what to do about it (or how to reproduce it). This is why it's important for people to adhere to the posting rules when reporting Bugs & Glitches in the forum. ~ I don't mean this thread.

If the bug you mentioned had been better presented, 4 years ago, it likely would have been addressed a lot sooner.

Yeah, I mainly posted here because everyone seems to come here more often and I figured it would be seen sooner. It is the top of the page, after all. I wasn't sure if it was a true glitch that was affecting the game itself or just my end, hence why I posted it. XD

So far I tried logging in and out and channel changing; it didn't work. I'm afraid to unequip any of my stuff on the off chance it might cause another issue.

@Trythis Hardmuscle has a habit of changing their avatar from time to time so it's good to double-check names. XD
    TrythisHardmuscle
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    edited January 11, 2018

Close the game.
    Run the game.

doesn't re patch I even made sure to restart the launcher
  • LeineiLeinei

Close the game.
    Run the game.

No, but I think I'd rather wait and not try tweaking anything at the moment. Since other players are seeing others differently, it suggests that it's a game-side issue. It might fix how I see myself on my end, but probably not how others see me.
    Hardmuscle
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,565
    Leinei wrote: »

Close the game.
    Run the game.

No, but I think I'd rather wait and not try tweaking anything at the moment. Since other players are seeing others differently, it suggests that it's a game-side issue. It might fix how I see myself on my end, but probably not how others see me.

Messing with tech is my last resort too.
    Even then, I'm hesitant.
    Knowing my luck my whole PC will explode rofl
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Leinei ~ I understand the precautionary stance, but the cache is not something to be wary of (it can be deleted at any time, it'll rebuild on its own). @Veylaine ~ It's possible you've already taken the patch today. When I first saw this thread, I hadn't logged in yet. I cleared the cache (as I do everyday) and ran the launcher. It ran a verify on its own and patched. When I got in, the issue described in this thread wasn't there. :)

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Hardmuscle guess I'll just have to wait lol but yeah I already logged in and took it
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Sherri ~ Deleting the game cache is no more "high tech" than deleting the cache on your browser. I deleted the cache and the problem described in this thread was not there. The cache won't delete itself and has nothing to do with modding files or anything like that.

vk6GG3h.png

The cache is rebuilt as the game is loaded. Its purpose is only to make the character selection screen load faster (preloaded images/animations).

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,245
    edited January 11, 2018
    Meanwhile, i'm just sitting here, being happy and chill, because i only use Gear tab since i don't find a reason to use my wallet for Style Tab :D
    Hardmuscle
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 11, 2018
    Well, I have to go to work soon anyway, so I'm just going to leave it alone for now.
    Veylaine wrote: »
    @Hardmuscle guess I'll just have to wait lol but yeah I already logged in and took it

I logged in too, which is how I knew about the issue.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 11, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    Well, I have to go to work soon anyway, so I'm just going to leave it alone for now.
    Cheers, and don't work too hard. :)

• ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited January 11, 2018
    Style tab is b0rken? Sounds like a server side issue, and probably not a quick fix.

How did this slip past quality assurance?
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,300
    I thought re-equipping the stuff in the style tab would fix it, but as soon as anyone reloads you there you are again, nakid/in your tara infantry gear.

the shame
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 11, 2018
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Style tab is b0rken? Sounds like a server side issue, and probably not a quick fix.

How did this slip past quality assurance?
    The Style Tab works perfectly fine. It's not broken. ~ The only thing broken is our appearance (when using the Style Tab) is not being displayed properly. ~ It's not something people need to worry about or get upset over.

• MyutoMyuto
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    Deleting the mabinogi cache has no effect here. :'l
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Myuto
    Myuto wrote: »
    Deleting the mabinogi cache has no effect here. :'l
    I only outlined the steps I took before logging into the game and asked if the same made a difference to Leinei. I didn't say deleting the cache would correct this, but I did say what the cache is for and how it's related. I also stuck up for the simplicity of the cache and its extremely low position on the technological ladder. When dealing with possibly corrupted data (especially after a patch, or .. like my case... before a patch) it's always a good idea to remove previously cached data. It's no different than clearing the cache on a browser.. and done for the same reason. :neutral:

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,440
    oh so i'm not the only 1 experiencin' this
  • AngelBishimirAngelBishimir
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    edited January 11, 2018
    They forgot to put in the patch notes the chance to see some nudes in game. o3o
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    ⊙⥿⊙

• SuriannaSurianna
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    Can there please be something done to fix the fashion slot delay? I'm sure it is a result of trying to fix the unpaid fashion slot glitch where it would still display the tabbed items if they were already there from when they did have it active. My husband and I both have VIP service and I would really prefer not to have to wait for a minute or two to have my fashion slot items view-able to other people every time I reload into a new screen or walk into their view. I'm sure there are others who would agree with me on this one.