Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about that Cave of Trials?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Kiirion wrote: »
    i cant even enter the Trials because dero keeps saying "idk what that doll thing you have on you but you can only enter by yourself" but i dont have anything on me???? ;x; and idk why it keeps saying that but its pissing me off

Log out and then log back in, try again.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    i cant even enter the Trials because dero keeps saying "idk what that doll thing you have on you but you can only enter by yourself" but i dont have anything on me???? ;x; and idk why it keeps saying that but its pissing me off

do you have any of these in your inventory? if so, put them in bank or on pet
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Rag_Dolls_List
  • yinatoyinato
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    For those of you who end up being "lucky" enough to have the succubus queen teleport into a different room/out of bound: meteor is your friend. This also works to get her to notice you if she ended up dropping aggro after teleporting. Just keep your guns handy because she'll only teleport back into the room you're in to try to steal your soul, but she'll be in the room to stay at that point.

unless she teleports out again.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Do you have a doll bag summon active, or do you have any accessories with reviving effects?
    Both are not allowed. There is also being in a party, which is also not allowed.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    edited March 12, 2018
    Duke keeps one shotting me with his stupid teleporting idiocy. I get that if you have the debuff and if he ports to you you'll die but I've no clue how to do this stupid mechanic properly outside of the luck of not getting hit or just killing him before he has a chance to hit me.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Kysirai wrote: »
    Duke keeps one shotting me with his stupid teleporting idiocy. I get that if you have the debuff and if he ports to you you'll die but I've no clue how to do this stupid mechanic properly outside of the luck of not getting hit or just killing him before he has a chance to hit me.

fleet feet/demi/speed potion etc anything that can make you faster, and ranged attacks
    if you're fast enough, his teleport range is too small to catch up
    just never let yourself get close to him then it's easy
    KysiraiVeylaine
  • mabinogirandommabinogirandom
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    That succubus queen is op man. I am a warrior and i always Fh my way to her easy while using demigod and the black shield. once i reach her i am unable to do much damage to her before she even touches me and stack her defense. i spend 90% running from her with movement speed potions so i do not get hit, and 10% doing small damage. She always catches me with that op 1 second thunder or ice spear. she has this one move where she attacks like 3 times easy to dodge but then there are times where i can be like 10 feet away from her and still get hit by her when she does not even touch me with it. i can not beat her, i have tried bows, cc +4 fire wand, and guns. nothing works i once spend like 25 minutes just running from her and barely got her hp half way. When she took my soul i tried way of the gun so many times it did not work for me and i still get hit. Another thing is i do not know how to avoid her little meteor skill when she flies to the sky. I need help
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    That succubus queen is op man. I am a warrior and i always Fh my way to her easy while using demigod and the black shield. once i reach her i am unable to do much damage to her before she even touches me and stack her defense. i spend 90% running from her with movement speed potions so i do not get hit, and 10% doing small damage. She always catches me with that op 1 second thunder or ice spear. she has this one move where she attacks like 3 times easy to dodge but then there are times where i can be like 10 feet away from her and still get hit by her when she does not even touch me with it. i can not beat her, i have tried bows, cc +4 fire wand, and guns. nothing works i once spend like 25 minutes just running from her and barely got her hp half way. When she took my soul i tried way of the gun so many times it did not work for me and i still get hit. Another thing is i do not know how to avoid her little meteor skill when she flies to the sky. I need help
    I give up waiting for the debuff to be reduced to at least to level 2 because it's impossible to cancel her soul attack. So I just shave her HP off slowly with FH while being debuffed with safeguard level 3. When FH is on cooldown, I use crisis escape to buy some time so that I will not get attacked in the meantime. I just tank her intermediate magic attack with mana shield (I used MP and Full recovery pot a lot) during FH. It does take a while to finish but Idk of a better method other than being an OP ranged (elf). As for meteor, I just run away to the edge of the room.

Know your limits though. If your attack don't even make a noticeable dent in her HP, you're probably not strong enough to beat her.
  • MaiaMaia
    Some queen advice.

Shuriken: Shadow Cloak is nifty to get some distance while waiting to de-debuff. Paper airplanes have invincibility frames (along with demi, trans, and personas; I always wait to demi until the queen is using her soul-sucking attack). Crisis escape often but time your escapes well; don't bother if she's using her meteor attack as you'll just end up wasting it. If you're using FH and she does her teleport+fire pink balls at you, don't just keep attacking. Stop and dodge them otherwise you could end up with +1~3 safeguard from that alone, it's worth the few seconds. If you're at safeguard 0~1, do your best to just fight through any intermediate magic she throws at you as you don't want to waste your dps.

Eat food, drink buff potions, get someone to play battlefield overture for you all before you enter. Some of these things cannot be done after you're in and every little bit helps.
  • yinatoyinato

Adding onto what ShouK and Maia said, there's also 1 other thing I've noticed with her AI in the trials: she'll occasionally load fireball, but not lob it at you. If she does that, then you've got about 5~10 seconds to whale on her. Just keep in mind that you're getting hit by whatever she uses next if you're within melee range, so attack accordingly.
    Maia
  • MaiaMaia
    @yinato yep I can confirm this, it's definitely a good time to strike when she loads fb and just stands there. I think I had also read somewhere that when she does her meteor attack it's best to get as far away as possible and run around in tiny circles. I'm not sure how effective this is but I either do this or just hide in a corner and pray lol When she meteors is also a good time to use overture as it's the only time you can be sure she's not going to come teleport at you and get you.
  • yinatoyinato
    In terms of getting in another overture, you've got a few options:
    1. use celestial spike on her, run back, then buff
    2. use shadow cloak, run back, then buff
    3. summon a marionette that's not dead (don't have control bars equipped), get away from both the queen and your puppet (don't want to get hit by AoE), use crisis escape, wait for her to aggro the puppet, then buff
    4. you're an elf and use mirage missile, run back, then buff
    Maia
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    1) If you want invincibility frames, any persona works.

Some question(s):
    How does poison affect her?

Mini funny question:
    Has anyone tried to use b bombs if they still had any :^)?
  • yinatoyinato
    edited March 13, 2018
    Pie5434 wrote: »
    1) If you want invincibility frames, any persona works.

The problem with personas is that they have a 30 minute cooldown and the animation takes over 10 seconds (around 7 with shylock), which isn't ideal since most incoming attacks need only about 1 second of i-frames to dodge and the monsters can setup on you during those remaining 9 seconds (claimh can charge at you, lich can drop an inferno at your feet, duke can touch you, succubus queen can have magic charged, etc.). It's good if you're an elf and you need to buy time to be able to hide and regroup, but that's about it.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    So basically dodging her meteor is the same as ducking RED D's meteor? Kinda hard tho if she's casting it while anywhere near the middle. Not enuf surface area to coward away from it :s .
  • MaiaMaia
    If you can get to the queen without invincibility frames, I highly recommend saving them all for that fight and using them only when she uses her soul sucking ability (that's the only attack that will go from safeguard 0 to safeguard 3 instantly)
    Finally defeated Succubus Queen. You either need to kill her quickly, or use invincibility frames. Anchor Rush is one of those skills you can use.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Just in case this will be helpful for someone... here is how I stop her soul drain. The only buff I have is Vivace, no speed gear, no attack delay potion... just a golden dowra gun

I'm guessing if people are having trouble it is simply because of lag. I don't live near the servers or anything... but maybe if your WOTG or gun mastery skills are still in training then the skill training messages could be lagging you. Try blacklisting <SKILL> and <COMBAT> in your chat settings. That's all I can suggest
    yinato
    edited March 13, 2018
    I HAVE RETURNED, AND COMPLETED THE TRIAL IN APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES!

Anchor Rush is definitely the go to dodge skill for queen's soul attack. You need to time so by the time your soul begins entering the ring surrounding the Succubus Queen, you use anchor rush to dodge the Soul Guard Debuff. Luckily, she stands still during taking your soul, so you can quickly gather dorcha if needed, or use Battlefield Overture.
  • yinatoyinato
    Arjune wrote: »
    I'm guessing if people are having trouble it is simply because of lag. I don't live near the servers or anything... but maybe if your WOTG or gun mastery skills are still in training then the skill training messages could be lagging you. Try blacklisting <SKILL> and <COMBAT> in your chat settings. That's all I can suggest
    You can also switch to a different chat tab aside from "All" and "System" (whisper is preferred since you do want to see when she's about steal your soul). I've seen people lag because of the critical flashes, so also disable that as well. Since everyone's system is different, I would suggest trying to see how much lag the effects of wotg or vivace cause you on barrier spikes or something tanky. In my case in particular, I'm more likely to land the 15 shots if i just switch to guns as opposed to having wotg or vivace active.