Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about that Cave of Trials?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Policroma wrote: »
    The Lich is the toughest for me.

Add me to the list of people trying to figure out why the heck the Daro and the Song of Grief come *after* the Succubus Queen. LOL

Daro hits like a truck and you can't really avoid it I'd say he's harder than queen, at least trials queen. Song of Grief is a push over in trials and should 100% be before queen. I hate lich because if he spawns on you sometimes you just lose instantly. Gets the choking debuff on you while 2 ghasts beat on you then you get thundered. It's just RIP right there.

Dero is in a way "tougher". The entire battle consists of you tanking his blows. With enough caution and full recovery potions, it isn't too difficult for even an Elf like myself to repeatedly tank his blows.

He's more or less just cheap. He has a far too short a knock down time, and has autodefense that makes it bit difficult. He teleports. He keeps coming and coming with a flurry of high hitting melee.

The entire battle is essentially a spam of either Chain Impale, Magnum Shot, etc.

The queen requires more thought in how to play again her. You have to use invincibility frames to dodge her soul drain, or otherwise Way Of The Gun or Arrow Spam. You have dodge her pink balls. You are best off utilizing range so she won't do her Succubus Kung Fu on you. You are better off with a full set of ice elementals to nullify her instacast ice spear. Her meteor...alright, the meteor is pretty cheap.

With good enough stats and buffs (Indigo Cotton Candy, anyone?) Dero is simply a yawn fest. Succubus Queen requires more strategy due to her hits inflicting a devastating debuff that one cannot simply bypass with a full recovery pot or two.

Essentially, dodging Succubus Queen is a necessity for those who cannot kill her in under 10 seconds flat.

I like the Queen fight because of the different mechanics involved. Daro is just a straigh dps check so I do think he's "harder" in that sense. I don't like Queens meteors as there isn't really a way to dodge them and it stacks that debuff on you. A tempura shrimp catering dish (bought from food truck) makes daro a lot more manageable too.

Essentially, yes. I define difficulty as a utilization of skills, particularly those require reflexes and intelligence. Spamming 2 repeatedly till he dies isn't difficult to me.

There is a reason why people dislike tanks in PVP games. Having higher health isn't a demonstration of skill or intelligence inherently, but just a stat bonus that kicks in regardless of how "skilled" a player is. With fragile speedster characters, those require skill to utilize their speed to overcome their fragility; otherwise they're just sitting ducks.

Dero comes off as cheap or boring. Mostly boring, since he doesn't even do much damage with the right set up.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    For dodging queenie's debuff how exactly does one time something like anchor rush (or divine link if we're talking phantasm runs) to dodge her skills? Soloing her in caves basically came down to spending 20~ minutes just wailing on her and ignoring the debuff until she died.

Where are the I-frames for these skills? Meteors and her fireballs are dodged easily enough but her raging spike-esque skill is hard to time and her soul drain I've only been able to break out of consistently with Wotg and got lucky bash spamming once.
    Kysirai wrote: »
    For dodging queenie's debuff how exactly does one time something like anchor rush (or divine link if we're talking phantasm runs) to dodge her skills? Soloing her in caves basically came down to spending 20~ minutes just wailing on her and ignoring the debuff until she died.

Where are the I-frames for these skills? Meteors and her fireballs are dodged easily enough but her raging spike-esque skill is hard to time and her soul drain I've only been able to break out of consistently with Wotg and got lucky bash spamming once.

You have to wait for your soul to walk nearly into the circle before doing it. As it steps in, essentially.
    Kysirai
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

when your soul is walking towards her, right as you get to her watch your souls foot, as it lifts about to step on her foot that's when you anchor rush. It's worked 95% of the time for me.
    Kysirai
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695

when your soul is walking towards her, right as you get to her watch your souls foot, as it lifts about to step on her foot that's when you anchor rush. It's worked 95% of the time for me.

Oh I was speaking more so for dodging her kung fu moves, I didn't even realize you could I-frame the soul drain. Good to know

Oh I was speaking more so for dodging her kung fu moves, I didn't even realize you could I-frame the soul drain. Good to know

With chains, it basically involves moving and impaling her. This makes her less likely for her to use Succubus Kung Fu. Since it locks you in place, I don't think i found a measure other than being a ranged attacker, with chains being a mix of hit and run.
    Kysirai
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Daro hits like a truck and you can't really avoid it I'd say he's harder than queen, at least trials queen. Song of Grief is a push over in trials and should 100% be before queen. I hate lich because if he spawns on you sometimes you just lose instantly. Gets the choking debuff on you while 2 ghasts beat on you then you get thundered. It's just RIP right there.

Yeah, but I'm an elf so I just keep running away and arrowing him. :/
    BlissfulkillRadiant Dawn
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited March 30, 2018
    Made it past the Lich for a second time ^^. Shock and chain blade rlly does a number on 'im.
    Took out half of the Succubus Queen's health but she kept spammin' that soul snatch thingy and her meteor attack -.-'

And what in hoohaa is with all these bloody Kristell HS figures that the chests give out?!?!?! I have 16 of 'em now -.-'
  • ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Made it past the Lich for a second time ^^. Shock and chain blade rlly does a number on 'im.
    Took out half of the Succubus Queen's health but she kept spammin' that soul snatch thingy and her meteor attack -.-'

And what in hoohaa is with all these bloody Kristell HS figures that the chests give out?!?!?! I have 16 of 'em now -.-'

You could always use them to make the world's most inconvenient Chess board in your Homestead.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Zairak wrote: »
    Sphyra21 wrote: »

You could always use them to make the world's most inconvenient Chess board in your Homestead.

You mean the world's laggiest Homestead. :trollface:
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I beat Duke somehow and I think that's enough. That Lich always kills me either way.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Sherri wrote: »
    I beat Duke somehow and I think that's enough. That Lich always kills me either way.

duke and lich are easy the problem is queen...

for duke all you need to do is shotting from distance

and for lich final hit does everything if you're not human bash spam with morrigan demigod active or the time wasting way stay near the door of dungeon put up barrier spikes summon golem go near lich spam windmill until lich aggro your golem and start attacking it desummon it and repeat if he aggro you by chance use Crisis Escape to lose aggro
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    Sherri wrote: »

duke and lich are easy the problem is queen...

for duke all you need to do is shotting from distance

and for lich final hit does everything if you're not human bash spam with morrigan demigod active or the time wasting way stay near the door of dungeon put up barrier spikes summon golem go near lich spam windmill until lich aggro your golem and start attacking it desummon it and repeat if he aggro you by chance use Crisis Escape to lose aggro