Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

General Gameplay Critique

Comments

• OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Helsa wrote: »
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    @Helsa - There's also the Black Leopards in Zardine.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Leopard

That's a field boss isn't it? How often does it appear, and how many show up when it does?

They appear every in game day at 6pm and vanish at 6am (if not already killed). I wouldn't really say waiting for them is a good way to make money though. That being said, we should probably not continue to go off topic.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Granted they've been asides but the original post talked about the difficulty's they've experienced with the game. They received a number of counter arguments including the ease with which one can make certain amounts of gold. My posts have been exploring the actual validity of those counter claims by requesting hard facts. I've never been able to make gold at the claimed rates but I would dearly love to be able to.
    sos123456
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 13, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    DFC2 Hard mode
    25k-100k per run
    10 minute run
    150-600k an hour
    0 Shadow mission crystals
    ttl 900 chainblade character crits for 6k with chain sweep spam.

Put all of this into account that you have typically two weeks till a sale goes away.
    At 4 hours a day you get 2.4mil or 33.6mil in two weeks grind.
    (Repairs costs 250 gold *got a beginners chainblade put a 1mil enchant on it* and you need to repair once every three runs).

Idk does this seems fair?

I edited the gold cost and the damage to reflect the actual values from a previous thread.
    This was the method of gold gain i was suggesting.
    The enemies in DFC2 have 8-10k hp making them pretty much all one shotable.
    With this in mind mob pulls are one wave only and can take as little as a 5 second cast to clear.
    With a good enough luck stat and based from drop experience if you chain sweep a full wave and get a lucky finish you're gonna get a good slump of gold. Also add in the fact that there are like 16 waves? of enemies before the boss and you got yourself a decent gold farm.
  • sos123456sos123456
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited July 8, 2018
    Multi-posts have been merged. Please do not spam posts.

Hey guys! loving the discussions I've opened up with this post, as it's my first ever forum post and appreciate all your input, it's great to hear what other players have to say and you guys have got me thinking a lot! I still stand with my first critique in particular but I'll admit the argument that new players have it hard was a little unfair, though if you read the whole thing I do address the helpful improvements they've made. I still stand with, most importantly, that nexon as a company is cold and coorperate and needs to open up more opportunities in the economy. I'm actually a fairly successful player money wise and just managed to reach a mil recently to afford my own wings, a rare item. I have no idea how a person could easily make several mil in a day so do enlighten me! (for an idea of what I can do as a player, I am sort of a newb. Master Archer, lv. 1,300-ish)
    Helsa wrote: »
    Granted they've been asides but the original post talked about the difficulty's they've experienced with the game. They received a number of counter arguments including the ease with which one can make certain amounts of gold. My posts have been exploring the actual validity of those counter claims by requesting hard facts. I've never been able to make gold at the claimed rates but I would dearly love to be able to.

Me also! I feel really high ranking or dedicated players just don't understand the struggle :<

I don't really have an opinion on this, but... Leveling is the main source of obtaining AP (as the AP given out during events or certain quests isn't meant to be solely relied on). If there was a level cap, it would affect how much total AP one can obtain over time. That, in turn, would lead to players having to carefully plan how they will use AP in the long-term. In a game where it is possible to achieve the max rank for just about every skill over time and if one wishes to, something like this wouldn't be ideal, especially if we consider that there will be more skills to rank in the future. I suppose an AP rework would be needed to aid the situation if a level cap is necessary, but I wouldn't know where to start with making suggestions for that.

okay that's a fair point I didn't even think about it... I suppose a level cap isn't that necesary and I realize this is why many players love the game. I also agree that the game is enjoyable for other non-competitive reasons
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    This is just... what?

The economy is actually pretty nice right now, although rare mats are skyrocketing due to returning players. Repairs shouldn't cost less unless you really want to see a broken economy, as for the NX whales spamming gacha doesn't give you any power. You don't need to buy anything from the cash shop, ever. I think I spend like $25 a month on this game, half of that for service and have better gear than most. Yes, someone who has played longer tends to be stronger but saying new players can't catch up is a total farce. My main is on Ruairi, the server I played for several years, compared to when I re rolled on Alexina 2 years ago my alexina character is significantly farther ahead. New players can catch up if they're dedicated enough. If there was a hard cap on skill ranks or something you'd probably just kill the game where it stands, as the whole point is mastering everything to become the strongest, it also sounds like some Pserver junk.

Not sure what you meant about the crafting thing, as all end game gear is crafted and "is something you can work towards." But no, a new player can't run into alby advanced hard mode, and they shouldn't be able to either. We can't set newbs on a fast track to catch up that's so fast it invalidates years of effort. Limiting how much money someone can have is also pretty pointless because alts exist, the only thing it would do is annoy people (and the bank does have a limit anyway).
    sos123456
  • sos123456sos123456
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    This is just... what?

The economy is actually pretty nice right now, although rare mats are skyrocketing due to returning players. ...
    Yeah I agree honestly it's better but I still have issues with the fact that the game is designed with such blatant coorperatism in mind and I think prod skills should be more useful
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    sos123456 wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    This is just... what?

The economy is actually pretty nice right now, although rare mats are skyrocketing due to returning players. ...
    Yeah I agree honestly it's better but I still have issues with the fact that the game is designed with such blatant coorperatism in mind and I think prod skills should be more useful

I'm still not really sure what you mean by this, all end game weapons and armors are made via prod skills. Potion making sucks though.