Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Comments

• KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Hold up the 2nd video has the kagamine Len hair??? at 4:55
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    If I recall, China brings in the most revenue from a Mabinogi franchise so it's not surprising they get their own apps and things.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    The combat is about as generic as any MMORPGs. Nothing like Mabinogi at all. Not the combat revamp, or legacy combat system.
    Imaizumioffwithyourheads
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited September 7, 2018
    Not gunna invest anymore into any other iteration. So meh, not really fazed/emotional over other "knockoffs/cloned" versions. Once this ship sinks...I'm exiting f2P/Mobas.

shrug.gif~c200
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Maia wrote: »
    If I recall, China brings in the most revenue from a Mabinogi franchise so it's not surprising they get their own apps and things.

I believe Nexon Hong Kong services the region? Mainland China and the rest of SE Asia?
    And Taiwan has their own service as well.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited September 8, 2018

I believe Nexon Hong Kong services the region? Mainland China and the rest of SE Asia?

Don't Mainland China has this great red firewall to exclude its populace from direct internet contact with the outside world? How are they being serviced publicly by a company hosted in another country??? o3o
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I saw a Korean article that briefly covered this. This is the mobile game that had Triona in Sidhe Sneachta asking you to kill wolves, correct? (Crazy, huh? Imagine that.)
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Its sad that this cheap knock off of the original game is better at some aspect than the original, I am look at you with that wavy hair and fluid flashy movements = w =
    But can't beat mabi's original combat style, auto combat is a big FAT NUUUUUUUUUUU!

Tho does look fun till i realized its like any souless game that replace its hallow form with ours.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Everything thats animated in mabi currently might as well be a static animation.
    Which only affect fps at the rate of the animation.

What everyone in here wants is actual physics added to outfits and hair which would need to be coded to work with the engine.
    An engine that no has no idea how it works let alone adding complex things to it such as dynamic bones, rigid bodies or cloth physics.
    Even if they did add it theres a possibility that it would be horribly optimized and not work to begin with.

As for them not animating every hair, wig, outfit in the game.
    It would be a long and time consuming task and would most likely drop the hell out of everyone's fps.
    Which would only cause problems and would end being a waste of resources.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You know, based on the title, I imagine Mabinogi itself going to the Soulstream to be rebirthed, only to be greeted by Ferghus, who attempts to walk Mabinogi through the process of rebirthing. However, it goes horribly awry, and Mabinogi becomes a generic MMO, while Ferghus smirks to himself while thinking "Oops, my hand slipped."
    Jazmyn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Rhey wrote: »

Don't Mainland China has this great red firewall to exclude its populace from direct internet contact with the outside world? How are they being serviced publicly by a company hosted in another country??? o3o

They do, but everyone uses VPN to bypass it anyways.