Check out the patch notes for the G25 Hypernova: Eclipse update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/63952/g25-hypernova-eclipse-patch-notes-december-17th-2020
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Aren't they missing out on money?

RinzaruRinzaru
Mabinogi Rep: 410
Posts: 5
Member
in Item/Premium Shop
So me and my gf recently got back into the game and a while back we swapped over to Alexina, we both have tarlach characters and both of us had the maid and butlers. We were talking about it and were saying how easily we would be willing to toss money at our screens if they were to re-release the main and butlers. So i was wondering Why aren't the basic Maid and Butlers always in the store? isn't this a missed opportunity to make money by just leaving it in the shop at all times for new players or for people who swap servers like we did? We thought we might get lucky and they would release it with the Doki Doki event as that to me feels like a perfect time for those who don't have a partner to buy them to assist with the gathering quests I just feel like this is a wasted opportunity to make money for the game in a way that is very easy for them by just leaving the partners in the shop.

Can someone explain why they made the decision to not leave them? It just feels like a bad move.
kai9

Comments

  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    Rinzaru wrote: »
    So me and my gf recently got back into the game and a while back we swapped over to Alexina, we both have tarlach characters and both of us had the maid and butlers. We were talking about it and were saying how easily we would be willing to toss money at our screens if they were to re-release the main and butlers. So i was wondering Why aren't the basic Maid and Butlers always in the store? isn't this a missed opportunity to make money by just leaving it in the shop at all times for new players or for people who swap servers like we did? We thought we might get lucky and they would release it with the Doki Doki event as that to me feels like a perfect time for those who don't have a partner to buy them to assist with the gathering quests I just feel like this is a wasted opportunity to make money for the game in a way that is very easy for them by just leaving the partners in the shop.

    Can someone explain why they made the decision to not leave them? It just feels like a bad move.

    They usually limit releases of maids/butlers/partners to a few times a year and we had a sale recently. They've been doing limited time sales as their go to for non gacha items to make it appear rare to boost sales. If they were available all the time, that would decrease the amount of sale and demand over time.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 661
    Member
    Rinzaru wrote: »
    So me and my gf recently got back into the game and a while back we swapped over to Alexina, we both have tarlach characters and both of us had the maid and butlers. We were talking about it and were saying how easily we would be willing to toss money at our screens if they were to re-release the main and butlers. So i was wondering Why aren't the basic Maid and Butlers always in the store? isn't this a missed opportunity to make money by just leaving it in the shop at all times for new players or for people who swap servers like we did? We thought we might get lucky and they would release it with the Doki Doki event as that to me feels like a perfect time for those who don't have a partner to buy them to assist with the gathering quests I just feel like this is a wasted opportunity to make money for the game in a way that is very easy for them by just leaving the partners in the shop.

    Can someone explain why they made the decision to not leave them? It just feels like a bad move.

    They usually limit releases of maids/butlers/partners to a few times a year and we had a sale recently. They've been doing limited time sales as their go to for non gacha items to make it appear rare to boost sales. If they were available all the time, that would decrease the amount of sale and demand over time.

    I'd have to disagree with you on that. They should keep the basic maid and butler as permanent items on the cash shop since we do have special partners for sale reasons. Even discounting the anime cross over, we still have Meryl, Commerce, and William as exclusive/limited partners. When the partners do return, the basic maid and butler have reduced prices from their original sales price anyways and most people would go for the specials ones instead for expanded abilities. (Meryl being music themed and Commerce/William being trade boosters). So yeah, they are missing out money on people that want a partner outside of sale time.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    Rinzaru wrote: »
    So me and my gf recently got back into the game and a while back we swapped over to Alexina, we both have tarlach characters and both of us had the maid and butlers. We were talking about it and were saying how easily we would be willing to toss money at our screens if they were to re-release the main and butlers. So i was wondering Why aren't the basic Maid and Butlers always in the store? isn't this a missed opportunity to make money by just leaving it in the shop at all times for new players or for people who swap servers like we did? We thought we might get lucky and they would release it with the Doki Doki event as that to me feels like a perfect time for those who don't have a partner to buy them to assist with the gathering quests I just feel like this is a wasted opportunity to make money for the game in a way that is very easy for them by just leaving the partners in the shop.

    Can someone explain why they made the decision to not leave them? It just feels like a bad move.

    They usually limit releases of maids/butlers/partners to a few times a year and we had a sale recently. They've been doing limited time sales as their go to for non gacha items to make it appear rare to boost sales. If they were available all the time, that would decrease the amount of sale and demand over time.

    I'd have to disagree with you on that. They should keep the basic maid and butler as permanent items on the cash shop since we do have special partners for sale reasons. Even discounting the anime cross over, we still have Meryl, Commerce, and William as exclusive/limited partners. When the partners do return, the basic maid and butler have reduced prices from their original sales price anyways and most people would go for the specials ones instead for expanded abilities. (Meryl being music themed and Commerce/William being trade boosters). So yeah, they are missing out money on people that want a partner outside of sale time.

    I merely stated what I believe they are doing, not what they should be doing, but yes it might be better to keep the basic ones in partner and add on special ones for sale.
  • CodaviCodavi
    Mabinogi Rep: 340
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Companies wouldn't sell limited time items if they knew they were going to miss out on money. The fact that many businesses have been doing this for years is proof that they make more profit this way than keeping them in shop all year long.

    This is just a guess but it might have something to do with people's decisions on buying the product. If, for example, the maid partner was in the cash shop permanently, some people are going to wait before buying it. They know that the maid won't be going anywhere from the shop, so they're in no rush to get it. And during that time they spend waiting, they may end up changing their mind.

    On the other hand, if Nexon announced that the maid would be gone after a certain date, people would want to buy it before it's too late. Some may not even want a partner, but they could be thinking "what if I need one in the future?" This causes them to buy it anyways. Also, it may be common knowledge that partners are often brought back on sale at least once a year, but there are still many others who aren't aware of this.

    There's just some psychological nonsense that comes into play here. Almost like when companies take advantage of people's gambling habits by selling gachas/loot boxes. It has definitely worked on me many times, even recently. I didn't have a need for the Inventory Expansion slots, but I was worried they would never return again when I do need them. Even though I was very hesitant, I ended up buying them anyways. It was very dissappointing to find out afterwards that they were brought back on sale a second time in KR, with a discount no less.
    THICCthighssavelivesGretaImaizumiMiliardo
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    Codavi wrote: »
    Companies wouldn't sell limited time items if they knew they were going to miss out on money. The fact that many businesses have been doing this for years is proof that they make more profit this way than keeping them in shop all year long.

    This is just a guess but it might have something to do with people's decisions on buying the product. If, for example, the maid partner was in the cash shop permanently, some people are going to wait before buying it. They know that the maid won't be going anywhere from the shop, so they're in no rush to get it. And during that time they spend waiting, they may end up changing their mind.

    On the other hand, if Nexon announced that the maid would be gone after a certain date, people would want to buy it before it's too late. Some may not even want a partner, but they could be thinking "what if I need one in the future?" This causes them to buy it anyways. Also, it may be common knowledge that partners are often brought back on sale at least once a year, but there are still many others who aren't aware of this.

    There's just some psychological nonsense that comes into play here. Almost like when companies take advantage of people's gambling habits by selling gachas/loot boxes. It has definitely worked on me many times, even recently. I didn't have a need for the Inventory Expansion slots, but I was worried they would never return again when I do need them. Even though I was very hesitant, I ended up buying them anyways. It was very dissappointing to find out afterwards that they were brought back on sale a second time in KR, with a discount no less.

    In the end, the marketplace tests the will of the consumer. In the end, the consumer makes the final decision to make a transaction or not. They have their way and marketing strategy that they believe works which is different from what others may think. I'm pretty sure they have assessed whether or not they should have certain items available at all times for sale versus limited times. They have chosen their route and we can only wait for those items to come about again or if they decide to change up their sales methods.
    Bronzebreak
  • PapiChuloPapiChulo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member
    I just hope we can buy partners soon. im tired of waiting
  • KaiwythKaiwyth
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Posts: 12
    Member
    PapiChulo wrote: »
    I just hope we can buy partners soon. im tired of waiting

    in the recent stream, i believe it was stated that partners will be returning next week!
    Bronzebreak
  • JodhiJodhi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Posts: 25
    Member
    It's as if your wish comes true, man.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JE5

    The partner sale is back now, with some reduced price. Grab em while you still can!
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Posts: 476
    Member
    Jodhi wrote: »
    It's as if your wish comes true, man.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JE5

    The partner sale is back now, with some reduced price. Grab em while you still can!

    @Title; 'No.'

    lmao.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,525
    Posts: 6,903
    Member
    Nice insult to players who suffered Doki Doki with no Partners.
    Dianusia
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    Jodhi wrote: »
    It's as if your wish comes true, man.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JE5

    The partner sale is back now, with some reduced price. Grab em while you still can!

    Ooooo they have been discounted this time around. Nicesu.
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Jodhi wrote: »
    It's as if your wish comes true, man.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JE5

    The partner sale is back now, with some reduced price. Grab em while you still can!

    Ooooo they have been discounted this time around. Nicesu.

    I may go for some partner mounts since in discount.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Jodhi wrote: »
    It's as if your wish comes true, man.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JE5

    The partner sale is back now, with some reduced price. Grab em while you still can!

    Ooooo they have been discounted this time around. Nicesu.

    I may go for some partner mounts since in discount.

    Yeah I could use another william for dungeons.
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Jodhi wrote: »
    It's as if your wish comes true, man.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JE5

    The partner sale is back now, with some reduced price. Grab em while you still can!

    Ooooo they have been discounted this time around. Nicesu.

    I may go for some partner mounts since in discount.

    Yeah I could use another william for dungeons.

    Need reminder to recharge to make these purchases.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    Recharge? O_o
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Recharge? O_o

    Meaning pay money for NX.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,215
    Posts: 8,120
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Recharge? O_o

    Meaning pay money for NX.

    Just sounds strange to use.
    Helsa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,300
    Posts: 7,835
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Recharge? O_o

    Meaning pay money for NX.

    Just sounds strange to use.

    Maybe so... maybe so...
  • IrrineIrrine
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 2
    Member
    Can't use Divine Link on them. Makes them kinda pointless :(
  • ElrisElris
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited October 17, 2019
    They could at least have a set time for them to be released. Like, pick a month, and if you're gonna bring them back that year, do it sometime in that month. It's better than waiting for them until you lose interest, taking a break from the game, and coming back to find out you literally JUST missed them. AGAIN.
    Sherri