Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Gaea wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Don't get ahold of yourself. You have no impact in this game.

What does that even mean? Do you mean don't get ahead of myself? I never said I am the sole reason for the monopoly of the market if that's what you are implying. I did say we all do it. Get a hold of yourself. XD

giphy.gif

I read the text and didn't understand at first, my brain processed that as like not hugging yourself or something like....
    Gaea you're not allowed to hold yourself anymore. New rule.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Don't get ahold of yourself. You have no impact in this game.

What does that even mean? Do you mean don't get ahead of myself? I never said I am the sole reason for the monopoly of the market if that's what you are implying. I did say we all do it. Get a hold of yourself. XD

giphy.gif

I read the text and didn't understand at first, my brain processed that as like not hugging yourself or something like....
    Gaea you're not allowed to hold yourself anymore. New rule.

WolfsingerKingEphy
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If there was an increase supply.... more people together. prices would eventually start going down a bit. If I am right, its basic economics, but who cares anymore?

There would be an increase in supply and suppliers but there would also be an increase in demand and demanders. Which would win out, Microeconomics can't predict for sure, but Macroeconomics can. A merge would mean an increase in population. An increase in population means an increase in money supply. An increase in money supply means inflation. Don't get me wrong, I WANT a full server merge. I'm probably one of the biggest proponents for it, on these forums, but that notwithstanding, I'm not gonna be blind to the realization that the IGE following a merge shock will result in inflation; it just will.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »
    If there was an increase supply.... more people together. prices would eventually start going down a bit. If I am right, its basic economics, but who cares anymore?

There would be an increase in supply and suppliers but there would also be an increase in demand and demanders. Which would win out, Microeconomics can't predict for sure, but Macroeconomics can. A merge would mean an increase in population. An increase in population means an increase in money supply. An increase in money supply means inflation. Don't get me wrong, I WANT a full server merge. I'm probably one of the biggest proponents for it, on these forums, but that notwithstanding, I'm not gonna be blind to the realization that the IGE following a merge shock will result in inflation; it just will.

Yeah but given a couple months or so it would level itself out.
    KitsuyashaLeinei
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Helsa wrote: »

This is true, inflation always happens when the market suddenly expands.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I have no idea what is happening, but it seems stupid, even to me.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    I don’t know either. I am not even from Ruairi.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I thought I had an idea but then this second page happened and now I'm lost XD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Remember, the Mabi economy was designed to be healthy on inflation.
    Let the carbs and sugars keep coming.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Yeah but that leads to diabetes and then a shortened life span.
    edited May 8, 2019

Exactly. Unless if they're slime.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Nexon somewhat tries to implement gold sink in game to prevent inflation then kills it with potent shadow crystals and gacha items. (Such as brass grandmaster certificates and AH fee discount coupons)
    Finity wrote: »
    Nexon somewhat tries to implement gold sink in game to prevent inflation then kills it with potent shadow crystals and gacha items. (Such as brass grandmaster certificates and AH fee discount coupons)

They don't know how to balance economy, which is why the commerce system has also become stagnant.
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,480
    Honestly, this isn't the first or the last MMO I'll play where eventually the economy goes crits up because of people hoarding and sitting on a lot of gold without a major sink for the most part. As already said before, a merge would change things drastically, but temporarily. It'll be nice on the social front. Which is my personal reason for wanting a merge. However, it's just silly to tag the idea to any hang-ups people have with the game. MMOs walk down similar paths of issues in time.
  • LatoshiLatoshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    I'd just like a server merge just because mabi just feels so empty nowadays. It would be nicer to see more people around. Not because of some underlying issue because of the economy, that has to be solved another way. I just want to see more people walking around, instead of the wasteland its become.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    June 3rd.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited May 9, 2019
    maybe June 4th realize how terrible a mistake it is then go back to the way it was....lol....as an introvert this is so scary for me....i liked my quiet server....Nexon, please make sure to create a Restore Point before the merge.....just in case
    ookie wrote: »
    maybe June 4th realize how terrible a mistake it is then go back to the way it was....lol....as an introvert this is so scary for me....i liked my quiet server....Nexon, please make sure to create a Restore Point before the merge.....just in case

RIP
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Exactly. Unless if they're slime.

DrceD-BXQAA1eA9.jpg
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger