Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ego update! (G24 Korea)

CeuiCeui
Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
edited June 22, 2019 in Content from Other Regions
Director Park announced that we're finally getting an ego system update along with G24!
It is scheduled to release on July 25, one week after the release of G24.

- Ego weapons can be upgraded, enchanted and can receive erg enhancement
- Own up to 3 ego weapons
- Ego spirits are not restricted by weapon type
- More weapons and weapon types can be ego weapons
- Awakening skill buff
- Ego technique
- Easier to level up, the level cap increased to 100, and you can spend level up points to increase their performance
- Can be normally repaired
- Ego UI and visual effect update

Edit: source https://youtu.be/oJPlhUggEdk?t=292
PrinniDarkpixie99LILITOSE

Comments

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited June 22, 2019
    source?

nvm found it http://gametoc.hankyung.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=51947 ( I think ) could use translator help lol

EDIT: well had my korean friend translated it for me and it matches what you said, we're also getting a new dungeon difficulty maybe?
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Still waiting on them Ego Mandolins...
    Arae
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited June 22, 2019
    Sai wrote: »
    Still waiting on them Ego Mandolins...

they did mention adding other weapon types, so it could be a possibility
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Ceui wrote: »

That kinda ruins what spirit weapons used to be about though. Just raw effort with no nonsense rewarding you with direct and forward progress. I guess this is to try and bring them up to par with everything else already in use, but why can't they do something else unique to egos and doesn't rely on content no one runs and success rates that are below 1%?
    Won't argue with any of the other bullet points: strongly appreciate all of them.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Buffalos wrote: »

That kinda ruins what spirit weapons used to be about though. Just raw effort with no nonsense rewarding you with direct and forward progress. I guess this is to try and bring them up to par with everything else already in use, but why can't they do something else unique to egos and doesn't rely on content no one runs and success rates that are below 1%?
    Won't argue with any of the other bullet points: strongly appreciate all of them.

i heard they get special personal abillity upgrade.... like a "ego effect" depending on the ego. or a additional advantage.

... i guess having the ability of erging or upgrading or reforging is "raw" effort at this point.... becuase theyll get that additional ego power
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Can a ego be transferred to a weapon that has already been upgraded ext?
    Helsa
  • CeuiCeui
    Veylaine wrote: »
    EDIT: well had my korean friend translated it for me and it matches what you said, we're also getting a new dungeon difficulty maybe?

Yeah, the dungeon difficulty is called Veteran. It's basically regular dungeon mobs buffed to match end game content difficulty. Another cool thing to note, they're making in-game auction house accessible through the Mabinogi website.

VeylaineTreesDarkpixie99EmilieBerry
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Veylaine wrote: »

Yeah, the dungeon difficulty is called Veteran. It's basically regular dungeon mobs buffed to match end game content difficulty. Another cool thing to note, they're making in-game auction house accessible through the Mabinogi website.

460525586838716430.gif?v=1
    TreesBlissfulkill
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    How long ago was that one Korean QA session that mentioned they were planning an Ego weapon revamp again? This was at least 5 years or more ago iirc.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    How long ago was that one Korean QA session that mentioned they were planning an Ego weapon revamp again? This was at least 5 years or more ago iirc.

Well we did ask them about it at the campfire event. Looks like they finally went ahead and did something about it.
    Helsa
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 23, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »

That's the first thing I asked too. I don't know though. I also wonder if upgraded/enchanted/etc. weapons can be egoed after this update or if you have to have clean fresh weapons like before

I'm hoping people don't have to remake all their divine blades, massive despair blades, celtic royal xbows, bhafel hunters, etc.
    VeylaineImaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Maia wrote: »

That's the first thing I asked too. I don't know though. I also wonder if upgraded/enchanted/etc. weapons can be egoed after this update or if you have to have clean fresh weapons like before

I'm hoping people don't have to remake all their divine blades, massive despair blades, celtic royal xbows, bhafel hunters, etc.

I'm asking because I have this fully upgraded enchanted erged frosted sword I would like to transfer my ego to. :O
    VeylaineHelsa
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 23, 2019
    I'm sure there's a ton of people with fully upgraded/erged/everything weapons that would love to know. Imagine the outcry if everyone had to remake their weapons from scratch to ego them (which is likely to be the new meta). All those triple reforge, 67 floor, erg 50 weapons doomed.

That said, we don't know. Testing hasn't started yet. I would like to think optimistically that the game designers know this would negatively impact a huge amount of their player-base.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    What I got from a Discord server
    New Ego Weapon System
    * How does it change?
    > Ego Weapon can be used in various weapons.
    > You can own more Ego Weapons.

* It's changing.
    > Ego Weapon UI Renewal
    > Add New Ego Weapon Effect
    > Strengthening Awakening Skills

> Erg, Enchant, Special upgrades Apply to Ego Weapons
    > Max Level 50 > 100
    > 3 Ego Weapons per character

Celtic Howling Chain Blade ( Awakening Skills 1 Rank )

* Demage 6 increase
    * Critical Damage 6% increase
    * Character Will Stats 3% increase in damage ( Max 10 )

* Add 100cm range attack with 8% Chain Impale
    * 2% bonus damage to reduced enemy
    * 10% chance to increase range during attack for 12 seconds
    * Bonus damage increased by 4% with less than 30% life.

Prinni
  • PrinniPrinni
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,825
    Director Park announced that we're finally getting an ego system update along with G24!
    It is scheduled to release on July 25, one week after the release of G24.

- Own up to 3 ego weapons
    - Ego spirits are not restricted by weapon type
    - More weapons and weapon types can be ego weapons
    - Awakening skill buff
    - Ego technique
    - Easier to level up, the level cap increased to 100, and you can spend level up points to increase their performance
    - Can be normally repaired
    - Ego UI and visual effect update

Edit: source https://youtu.be/oJPlhUggEdk?t=292

I saw someone mention this while I was standing in a dungeon lobby and I had a mini heart attack.
    I'm so so sooo super excited!!! I've been waiting for something like this for the longest time! (I think we all have)
    Finally egos get some love and attention and I'm just, so so happy! ^^
    Hopefully they have the potential to become some of the strongest weapons in game again, and hopefully they give consideration to already upgraded weapons *crosses fingers*. I hope we get to interact with them a little more too (besides the upgrading). Overall the whole renewal sounds really neat. I can't wait for it to come! Aaaa
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    edited June 24, 2019
    Funny enough I get this in my recommended now
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    MaiaVeylaineSherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670

Yes, according to someone who is playing test server in KR/read the patch notes, you can ego a weapon that has been - Appearence scrolled/upgraded/erged/enchanted.
  • CeuiCeui
    They added Awakening skill for 17 different weapon type. Oh and it seems like you can ego Divine weapons.

source:
    Maia
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    inb4 500x reapir fee for end game ego :P
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Yes, according to someone who is playing test server in KR/read the patch notes, you can ego a weapon that has been - Appearence scrolled/upgraded/erged/enchanted.

Sweet.
    Helsa