Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just a rant.

Comments

• alissanalyzeralissanalyzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    You know what would help this? A server merge.
  • ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    Meanwhile in Alexina's dead server items are still 60m+
    pawcalypse
  • alissanalyzeralissanalyzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Dead server means no one to buy things.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    JJ wrote: »
    Prices have risen very high, yes. Look for the silver lining, it means you can sell things for a lot now. Gacha probably works well, but for people like me unable to buy gacha, just sell other stuff. It's super easy to rank Blacksmith than in the old days. Find your gap in the market and exploit it to your heart's content. Practice doing this over time and eventually you'll be able to save for that one expensive item you really want.
    Sherri wrote: »
    Agreed, it is completely ridiculous, and most of it is caused by peoples greed.

Is anyone stopping you from being greedy too?

That's the thing- the only reason i made any money is that I would have it on Bid and have it starting at 1 gold so I didn't feel bad for it being priced so badly expensive. and that worked out fine until the bored was changed and it now doesn't show bid items on default. I dont like the prices at all and i feel horrible for selling sh** that high its not in my nature to be greedy, I've given out a lot more then what i take in, i know that's is a "me" issue- but its overall is just who i am. Hell, i up and gave someone a piano last night because they said they were struggling to save up for one, and i had an extra one on me.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Remember when regular dyes were 20k each?

What are they being sold for now? Haven't looked at dyes since the merge.

If you are lucky some are still 20k, but now on average, they range from 50k-3m. Depending on the color. the ones in the 50k's are the non-nice or unpure colors. while pure ones will half the time be at 500k and higher.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ValenmirValenmir
    AlexisEU wrote: »
    It's simple economics, not greed. If something sells for a high price (3x of what it used to be), its worth that much to someone. If someone was to sell something for the old price, it would simply be bought and relisted, and the original seller would be cheated out of 2/3 the money.

Effects of inflation:

Pros:
    Equipment repairs are considered cheaper.

Cons:
    Money gain from activities are less rewarding.

Neutral:
    Item worth. If something is considered to have value, it will be worth appropriately to inflation.

...The thing is, its the PLAYERS.. pricing the items. They are the ones saying "Oh this item is so worth 50m." It realistically takes that one person to jack up the prices and starts that train. Then you have players who do realistic pricing on the item, they get yelled at because they are underpricing it and ruining the greedy people who are over pricing it.
    Overall, the worth of an item is how much a player would want to buy it for, then some in interest, but the players dont do it that way. as their greed takes place... Trust me, if everyone stopped refusing to pay the overpriced things, those sellers will lower them in due time trying to get rid of that item. No one wants a bank and pets full of stuff they dont want and half the time thats all stuff that is meant to be sold- they will get tired of having it and will break, selling that said item for lower they what they was asking.. You see it all the time with shops when someone has an item and when it hasn't sold in weeks, they lower the price.

Also this would make it a hell of a lot easier for new players who dont have 200 B gold chilling in their banks.
    Kitt15
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    It's Supply/Demand and Inflation as a result of the merger.

Supply for most items went down, since even though the merge happened most players didn't decided to suddenly sell their entire closets.

Demand went up because more players arrived that wanted items from those that would sell them, especially items that weren't purchasable prior to the merger for them.

Inflation went up big because players who had banks lined with gold on each server now suddenly had to compete with one another for items that had no competition before.

The merger didn't combine three healthy servers full of 40% Beginner 40% Midlevel 18% Late Game and 2% Endgame players into a server of an evenly distributed count.
    The final distribution is more like 10% Beginner 30% Midlevel 56% Late Game and 4% Endgame.

The worst part is that the server is basically the inflation because of all the gold from the Late and Endgame players that hoarded is finally being spent. The economy only crashes because of this once someone stops buying.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    The main thing that has become so-called bothersome is that the Alexina-Server is now the new ghost-town (apparently also in-part due to a bunch of Milletians/players abandoning their Alexina-accounts and switching on over to Nao. Probably...), and probably also a lack of advertising, although some people have mentioned that the company would rather advertise its other titles that generate more $$$ revenues per advertising $$$, due to Mabinogi NA apparently contributing to only 2% of their revenues. I also find that there are many expiring items that are not necessarily the easiest to use or benefit from in the most-efficient manner (or sometimes even at all) before they expire.

The direction of the game also seems to have gone from Team-Work-Strategy to essentially solo-just-about-ALL-of-the-older-generation-content-yourself and can-you-end-game-high-end-DPS-anything from the last two generations onward (Sulfur-Spider-Elite used to require a full group before you could even hope to get to the boss, but, now, even a dummy like I can solo that on my own; same with high-ranked commerce-runs).

I even made some absolutely GREAT Pet A.I.'s, back in the day, before Pets essentially became nothing but summon-fodder-bags. The Scripts I made for their Combat-Behaviour were considered so good by other players who ran with me that they considered my pets (with the A.I.'s that I made) like essentially an additional party member. Basically... things have essentially gone from strategy to grind, grind, grind for more DPS (and perhaps even combining that with so-called P2W-factors).

Even before the server-merge, though, Alexina-server's population was already sharply declining (for whatever reason), and so I might have to agree that a full-on server-merge into Nao would have been more appropriate. Prices ? The economics just change depending on various factors, drop-dynamics, etc. When I was just fledgling newcomer, I used to make easy gold selling Kite-Shields via my Kiosk, because those shields used to always drop when I spammed Shadow-Warrior missions (easy 7K that Alchemists were buying in order to rank-up their high-ranked synthesis, and I could list it into my Kiosk even whilst in a Shadow-Mission). Prices going what seem to you to be sky-high has actually more to do with the ease of obtaining that gold in comparison to before. The Conflict mission used to pwn me hard, but, now, I am actually thinking that I could probably solo it, even on Elite (with tons of Savage-Wand R1 ice-spear-spamming... haven't tried it out yet though). Anyway... I got lots of catch-up-ing to do for now.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

I feel old.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Policroma wrote: »

I feel old.

Then you must remember the times when there wasn't really a dye market in existence as well?
    Wolfsinger
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Welcome to the consequence of a server merge

this isnt the result of the server merge, its the result of free market capitalism, IE an unregulated market. the biggest scam ever proposed to society. these over priced prices have been going on for years before the server merge was ever confirmed to be a thing. and ive been saying this on multiple times. now people are finally realising how stupid a unregulated market is.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Policroma wrote: »
    I feel old.
    Disclaimer : If you (think that you) are an so called atheist then skip the next line...
    ...re-incarnation (i.e.: re-birthing) ! Making you young again at the beginning of every new life...! ;o
    Welcome to the consequence of a server merge
    this isnt the result of the server merge, its the result of free market capitalism, IE an unregulated market. the biggest scam ever proposed to society. these over priced prices have been going on for years before the server merge was ever confirmed to be a thing. and ive been saying this on multiple times. now people are finally realising how stupid a unregulated market is.
    Actually, a so-called free-market would be fine, only if people were always honest/fair/etc. Alas, I am reminded by a quote that I couldn't remember in full, nor whom it was from, but this response gave me a chance to pull it up and quote it here...:
    «Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture available to everybody and entirely governed by what the people want. The most terrifying thing is what people do want.» ~Clive Barnes

What is a most-interesting observation to me is the fact that almost nobody has a house in the housing channels (from what I have seen on/in the Alexina-server anyway). Additionally, Dunbarton used to be completely LINED up with Kiosks surrounding town, but now ?
    freeMarketCapitalism.jpg
    Out in the non-game-world, suggested by this response-related image, the result of the number of empty buildings exceeding the literally millions of homeless people all over the NA continent does not seem to be so much due to so-called free-market capitalism, but, more deceptively, according to what I have discovered throughout my diligent research-efforts (unless I am somehow mistaken), due to an extremely heavily regulated land/housing market that heavily favours «predatory» banksters.

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks…will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered…. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.” – Thomas Jefferson in the debate over the Re-charter of the Bank Bill (1809)

I believe that a «debt-based» system is really closer to the key problem in economic-instability (more so than so-called free-market capitalism). Once the financial-markets are of a «production/contribution-to-society-based» system then the community/society/etc., will (probably) be much more rewarding, and nobody has to be left out in the poor-house (probably). Gachas tend to fetch highest prices for «fashion» items (probably) than anything else... whatever «looks» the «best» is what people want, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, and items that are «essential for survival» (in dungeons/missions/etc) are already largely handed out (randomly) like candy through events (seriously, how often do you see Mabi running without some event being currently active ?). Eventsinogi.

Most of the «economy» of this «game» seems to be based more around the Gacha rather than player-crafted materials. Used to be that selling 100-point potions was profitable for Potion-Making Herbalists, but, now, even 300-point potions just end up getting discarded by much of the population. I have no idea how the developers are basing their decision-making on what kind of content/gacha/systems they put into the game, but, just know that many on-line games do have a so-called shelf-life, and sometimes, whatever decisions they make may have to be oriented around whatever brings about a good «conversion-rate» for generating $$$ since, ultimately, the company that hosts the «product» (being the MMORPG-game itself) is not just providing a so-called game, but also running a «business» that can only continue to exist as long as sufficient revenues are generated with the supply of its products/services to the «free market» player-base who ultimately decide whether they'll spend $$$ on what they «want/like» in the «game» (product) or not (personal real-world economic-issues aside of course).
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    So this thread is about things being priced too high.

While this thread is about things being priced too low: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19529/why-are-people-killing-the-market-on-purpose

What the heck do people want??? Maybe we should just stay where we are in the middle?
    A good compromise is when both parties are dissatisfied, and I think that's what we have here.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited September 26, 2019

While this thread is about things being priced too low: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19529/why-are-people-killing-the-market-on-purpose

What the heck do people want??? Maybe we should just stay where we are in the middle?
    A good compromise is when both parties are dissatisfied, and I think that's what we have here.

This is the Mabinogi community. No one is EVER happy.

No one is ever happy period in communities.
    WolfsingerSherri
    Harukari wrote: »

Capitalism Ho!
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I hate the fact that what was meant to stay in Alexina (the horrible prices) is now trending and influencing Nao each day. Nao used to have the "old-server" prices which were fair and what is expected for the value of the item. Now, it seems players from Alexina are changing the game, again, and sky-rocketing the prices for no reason.
    Oh yea, and the bots have found a new home. I am glad the reforge sellers are gone, I still think they are part of the problem.
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    I hate the fact that what was meant to stay in Alexina (the horrible prices) is now trending and influencing Nao each day. Nao used to have the "old-server" prices which were fair and what is expected for the value of the item. Now, it seems players from Alexina are changing the game, again, and sky-rocketing the prices for no reason.
    Oh yea, and the bots have found a new home. I am glad the reforge sellers are gone, I still think they are part of the problem.

Was it meant to stay in Alexina?
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400

Capitalism Ho!

Capitalism might not be good, but what would we do without it? And don't you dare say Communism.
    edited September 26, 2019

Capitalism Ho!

Capitalism might not be good, but what would we do without it? And don't you dare say Communism.

Mercantilism or Feudalism.
    Sherri
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    pawcalypse wrote: »

...when people move or have to adjust prices to a new audience/competition, its gonna happen. It wasn't "meant to stay in Alexina" but thank you for thinking of us as you stare and sigh at the market we've ALL groaned about as sellers and buyers all around learn to get along with the new company.
    Glad you used to enjoy better prices. So did we, once upon a time.
    pawcalypse