Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you fish?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Which of the below best describes your style of fishing?
  1. How do you fish?31 votes
    1. I fish manually, and fail a lot, but I like trying.
       3% (1 vote)
    2. I fish manually, and rarely fail (rate same as auto), because I get better results that way.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I autofish, even though I can fish well manually, because I couldn't be bothered.
       52% (16 votes)
    4. I autofish because I fail too much at manual fishing.
       45% (14 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Fishing manually is ridiculous, i remember when i was a newbie and had no idea that you can just auto fish and tried to manual fish for about 10 minutes and gave up. Then later i was told that i can just do nothing and it will catch it automatically anyway. I was sooo confused then... xD
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Fishing manually is ridiculous, i remember when i was a newbie and had no idea that you can just auto fish and tried to manual fish for about 10 minutes and gave up. Then later i was told that i can just do nothing and it will catch it automatically anyway. I was sooo confused then... xD

I think a good number of us felt the same.

If there is one thing I would probably fail to do in this game, it would be failing to successfully fish manually.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'm not sure how you can fail at manually fishing if you just try it enough.
    You'd eventually catch on to how the failure bar rises when the fish's head is outside the red square.
    Unless you're playing with like a laptop trackpad or something.

Regardless, whether you're good at it or not, manual fishing is a bore, because fishing itself is unfun.
    Thank goodness you can get 100% auto-fishing success rate with r1 Fishing and a proper 2nd title like SAO Nishida, Ice Fisher, or Shenon.
    edited November 1, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    You'd eventually catch on to how the failure bar rises when the fish's head is outside the red square.

Regardless, whether you're good at it or not, manual fishing is a bore, because fishing itself is unfun.
    Thank goodness you can get 100% auto-fishing success rate with r1 Fishing and a proper 2nd title like SAO Nishida, Ice Fisher, or Shenon.

I've tried all methods and suggestions, it just doesn't work for me and the same for the winemaking minigame.
    Iyasenu
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I've tried all methods and suggestions, it just doesn't work for me and the same for the winemaking minigame.

Weeeeird, minigames are plotting against you in Mabi.
    Too bad there's no auto barrel replacement, but at least Auto-fishing should be able to carry you well enough with an appropriate 2nd title.
    Fishing Chair also helps.
    Kensamaofmari
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I just auto fish and afk. usually while watching something on my other monitor or work on a phone game. the two phone mmo games I work on the most are Kingdom Hearts Union X and Pocket Mortys and I watch stuff on Hulu or Crunchyroll mostly. not much else to do while afk fishing anyway. fishing locations just depends on what fishing event is going on but I usually try to find a nice quiet spot away from as many players as possible. ice fishing rod or the igloo fishing chair with the mmo junkie Moriko 2nd title are the things I often use to fish with.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Autofishing. While I can do manual fishing if I have to, I don't really enjoy the fishing minigame at all.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I fish using only the newest, state of the art fishing technology, allowing me to experience fishing with the power of my mind. Why settle for mere manual or automatic fishing when you can transcend all limits and BECOME THE FISHING EXPERIENCE.
    Kensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I want spear fishing...to ease my poking needs.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 1, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »

Come on out and join us at the jousting mini-game. It's a fun-for-all pokefest very Sunday. :)
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Helsa wrote: »

Come on out and join us at the jousting mini-game. It's a fun-for-all pokefest very Sunday. :)

if Alexina sure, if Nao...that server is Ebola.
  • HelsaHelsa

Lucky you, Alexina has had consistent finals for a decade. The folks of Nao are still emerging from their small-server habits.

Want some salmonella as well?
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 1, 2019
    Manual fishing in Mabi is like tilling the land and growing your own wheat just to make a plate of spaghetti when you’re hungry.

Would it be satisfying to see the fruit of your efforts, and the methods you’ve tested? Sure. But a pound of pasta is like $1 a box.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Manual fishing in Mabi is like tilling the land and growing your own wheat just to make a plate of spaghetti when you’re hungry.

Would it be satisfying to see the fruit of your efforts, and the methods you’ve tested? Sure. But a pound of pasta is like $1 a box.

One would starve at that rate xD
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    When I first started I didn't realize there was auto fishing so I straight ahead manual fish-ed F-E-D-C-B ranks
    IyasenuWolfsinger
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 1, 2019
    I AFK, equipping my fishing bonuses and becoming a master baiter.
    Iyasenu
  • HelsaHelsa
    Has anyone ever made a post in suggestions that the fishing mini-game be made easier? People have done so for the mini-games of pretty much every other yellow skill.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    how do i fish....hmmm

i know what i'd like to do....drop a meteor, or hit the water with Thunder....i so wish....don't think it'll let me so i just auto fish with a a combo of titles that give the most luck
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    I mine for fish.
    NilremIyasenuWolfsingerpawcalypseKensamaofmari