Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding (mainly) American-based questions in XO

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Greta wrote: »
    I just lost some coupons because Nexon thinks that water does not freeze at 0 Celsius. Everyone was kicked out from there and only 1 guy got lucky for deciding to go against herd lol. That was funny.

Water freezes at 0 C when at 1 atmospheric pressure unit (sea level). It'll freeze at different temperatures at all other pressures. Depending on how the question was worded, you could argue either point being the correct answer to it.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I just lost some coupons because Nexon thinks that water does not freeze at 0 Celsius. Everyone was kicked out from there and only 1 guy got lucky for deciding to go against herd lol. That was funny.

Water freezes at 0 C when at 1 atmospheric pressure unit (sea level). It'll freeze at different temperatures at all other pressures. Depending on how the question was worded, you could argue either point being the correct answer to it.

We shouldn't have to think that hard within 20 seconds! >:V
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Xiokun wrote: »

We shouldn't have to think that hard within 20 seconds! >:V

It's a trivia quiz. They aren't meant to fair and trick questions are the norm.
    SherribadnewsbarrettPreciousWolf
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I feel like some of the questions the majority of the mabi population won't know because they are culture references or passing fads (things that are popular for awhile but don't always remain such). Like for example I got a question about the game called Half Life and what the boss's name is...now I have a 50% chance of guessing right, but I never played the game and barely even know of it so it seemed a bit odd that everyone is expected to know this (without using wiki). Mabi uses 100% of my memory and 100% of my CPU to run so I can't open browser and switch back and forth between mabi and wiki without causing one thing to crash or the other.

As my guildie Sphyra suggested: The quiz should only include mabinogi related questions so that way majority of the players can have a chance at answering. People would learn some interesting facts about the game and maybe some background information, but at the same time I'd say more people could relate to questions being asked about a game they are actively playing rather than something popular awhile back targeting only a small amount of people.

Make the quiz Mabi trivia not everything else trivia people may or most likey won't know about.

Nuuu I like learning random stuff :C
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I mean, it's trivia. No one is going to 100% know every answer in there. That's how mixed trivia works.

Personally I'd prefer if it was all Mabinogi-related questions, because other than the weeb questions I don't know what most of those things are, BUT I still enjoy the event either way. It's fun to work with my guild to get the answers together. OwO
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer if it was all Mabinogi-related questions

Indeed. 100% Agree.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I do not see the actual fun in Trivia Pursuit. It is freaking Trivia. Why anyone would like this as a board game is beyond me, but I won't deny the usefulness of learning facts that are mostly useless. In any case, I too wish it was Mabinogi trivia, you know, something people playing the game would know?
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    The Rainbow Road is NOT in Star Fox. Get your facts straight >:V
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Kryo wrote: »
    The Rainbow Road is NOT in Star Fox. Get your facts straight >:V

Sheesh. Posted that quick. *pat pat*

The Joes Knows. Don't even read the questions. Just follow the joes.

Kryo
  • KryoKryo
    Haha yeah, as soon as I got booted I'm like I need to rant! xD I'll follow the Joes now, I was originally just following the group :P
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    It's in Call of Duty: World at War, clearly.

[img]http://forum2.nexon.net/images/smilies/rolleyes.png"; title="Roll Eyes" (Sarcastic)[/img]
    Kryo
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 19, 2017
    Stop making multiple posts about OX Event... This will be merged soon.
    Helsa
    edited February 19, 2017
    You know, if they searched it up in their internet latest?cb=20151225141439, they would clearly know the answer.
    KryoBuffalos
  • KryoKryo
    Haha right? I just hope the next ox event is correct and complete :P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Yeah I was wondering if I was going crazy with some of the questions. I learned to just follow the herd. O_o;;;
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Just follow the herd. -pat pat-
  • KryoKryo
    xD Yeah, Joes Knows :P Nexon does not apparently
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Well, speaking of things they messed up, just got the "The sum of the angles in any triangle is always equal to 180" question and it's been put as false when it should be true.
    Kryo
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    I do not see the actual fun in Trivia Pursuit. It is freaking Trivia. Why anyone would like this as a board game is beyond me, but I won't deny the usefulness of learning facts that are mostly useless.

It's popular because of TV shows like Who Wants to be a Millionaire and so forth. Plus, knowing random stuff is a great way to show off at parties where everyone is sorta buzzed. The event has always been comparable to Trivia Pursuit in it's randomness, and the only thing about it that needs to change is the number of unfiltered and unfinished questions they seem to slip in each time they renew it.
    I do not see the actual fun in Trivia Pursuit. It is freaking Trivia. Why anyone would like this as a board game is beyond me, but I won't deny the usefulness of learning facts that are mostly useless.

It's popular because of TV shows like Who Wants to be a Millionaire and so forth. Plus, knowing random stuff is a great way to show off at parties where everyone is sorta buzzed. The event has always been comparable to Trivia Pursuit in it's randomness, and the only thing about it that needs to change is the number of unfiltered and unfinished questions they seem to slip in each time they renew it.

Yeah, I do not understand the appeal of Trivia Pursuit for normal people. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is more of a show for most people than a contest, while Trivia Pursuit is a boardgame where you....guess the answers. Though honestly, I am the type to dislike randomness, even in this game. I do not even like the pop up pirate game.