Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

SERVER MERGING

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited February 6, 2020
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Additionally, and I'm not sure what thread I read this in recently, but Mabinogi is still highly popular in Korea. It's probable they wouldn't axe us until KR was deemed "dead" as well.

Actually, a game can be highly popular in Korea and shut down overseas (given it wasn't receiving as much) whilst still remaining afloat and thriving in Korea. I can think of a few.
    Sherripawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited February 7, 2020
    Sebastian wrote: »
    It's probable they wouldn't axe us until KR was deemed "dead" as well.

Oh yes, this is truly the case, my sweet summer child. Mabinogi EU is still up and running! Come to think of it, Dungeon Fighter Online is still very active under Nexon's rule. Oh, but then we have Scarlet Blade, and...

Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mabi in NA will be fine until the day comes where Nexon NA is no longer able to sustain itself as a whole.
    FluorettepawcalypseSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Mabi in NA will be fine until the day comes where Nexon NA is no longer able to sustain itself as a whole.

See that part is plausible. smh. Whole kit and caboodle right there.
    Crims wrote: »

Ah...so we're keeping Nexon NA afloat, huh?

*Feels all high and mighty now*

Mostly the 2 Maplestories. Mabi is bonus.
    Sherri

Oh, so we're the side hoes. Well, at least we're not the spare hoes.
    Radiant Dawn

Oh, so we're the side hoes. Well, at least we're not the spare hoes.

Side hoe
    Weeding_Hoe_Sheathed.png

Sponsored by
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Radiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't understand how Maplestory is better than Mabinogi... Just saying.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't understand how Maplestory is better than Mabinogi... Just saying.

Ask the same players who went nuts over dungeon fighter. smhlol.
    To complain about something else, I applied for Royal Alchemist again, and this is the first time I was denied entrance, and this is on Alexina. The only alchemy skills I have not ranked 1 are Golden Time (R4) and Elemental Wave (R4). Is Alexina really that abandoned?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    To complain about something else, I applied for Royal Alchemist again, and this is the first time I was denied entrance, and this is on Alexina. The only alchemy skills I have not ranked 1 are Golden Time (R4) and Elemental Wave (R4). Is Alexina really that abandoned?

I would say its about the same just from the number of people I see in dunby, but then again I haven't tried to do any dungeons or dailies in a while since time has been against me and I'm too introverted to ask anyone for help so I just try to solo everything xP
    It wouldn't surprise me though. My friends' list of RECENT names is full of inactivity.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited February 8, 2020
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

I would say its about the same just from the number of people I see in dunby, but then again I haven't tried to do any dungeons or dailies in a while since time has been against me and I'm too introverted to ask anyone for help so I just try to solo everything xP
    It wouldn't surprise me though. My friends' list of RECENT names is full of inactivity.

I had an epiphany about this: since the Auction House has basically replaced all other markets there's no reason for Dunby and Belfast (Ch. 1) to be so busy. You don't have to even be logged in for your sales to continue in the auction house. It might very well be the case that the same-ish number of folks still log in everyday as they did in May of 2019, but they just don't stay logged in as long any more since they don't have to . . . or everything is going to 7734.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Helsa wrote: »

I had an epiphany about this: since the Auction House has basically replaced all other markets there's no reason for Dunby and Belfast (Ch. 1) to be so busy. You don't have to even be logged in for your sales to continue in the auction house. It might very well be the case that the same-ish number of folks still log in everyday as they did in May of 2019, but they just don't stay logged in as long any more since they don't have to . . . or everything is going to 7734.

That actually is a good point. I still sit at a personal shop sometimes but I haven't as much recently because of time and needing that RAM for other things, so the auction has been my go-to. I forgot about that.
    The question I guess then, is when are the best active hours to find people? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 9, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »

That actually is a good point. I still sit at a personal shop sometimes but I haven't as much recently because of time and needing that RAM for other things, so the auction has been my go-to. I forgot about that.
    The question I guess then, is when are the best active hours to find people? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you are in a guild you can see whom is logged in at the moment. If your guild is dead, find a new one. Other than that, during the afternoon in America you'll probably mostly find Europeans. Evening in America should be okay if that's where you live. If you want to do SM's then hang out at the henge on Ch1 (either server). There's also your friends list. If it's small then become more socialable. :)

Final idea: use notes and set up a play date XD
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    That couple thousand is still a lot more than the mere couple hundred who were on the NA Server(s) upon my active return a little over half a year ago. Keep that advertising up consistently and we might even be able to get it to a few thousand before this mid-year...
    VythanLe wrote: »
    Hey, so theres roughly a couple thousand people playing the US Servers right now at best, and thats across two. back in 2009 there was 4 servers all full, I want more people to play with.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited February 12, 2020
    Of course when games are new, before folks have gotten jaded, there is more activity. Some old games manage to continue to thrive though, so first, they should be identified, second, what they all have in common should be determined, and finally, how can that quality be built in should be solved.

It might be worth while to look beyond computer games too. For those of us that do get out of the basement, there are activities that folks enjoy year after year. I'm in Canada, so all year long there are kids on the street playing hockey, until they get older and then play it in school parking lots on the weekend. :) It would seem then that folks competing against each other keeps an activity fresh. In Mab there are some mechanisms for that, but some folks don't like PvP, some folks don't like jousting, some folks don't like fashion show. Making these activities, and others, more appealing might be a start.

Today, I've played MS Solitaire a few time already, and I've been playing it as long as I can remember. So, there are non-competitive activities that can remain fresh as well. What is it about them? For me at least, I used to play many such "time wasters" but only a few remain and what they all have in common is that they either don't or you can set them up so that they do not assess your performance or force you to see an assessment of your performance when you finish. It's kinda like my dad who likes to play golf but doesn't keep score.
    Wolfsinger