Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

*gasps* ...ANOTHER Habi-Thread...! (SEO for Mabi)

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Clearly something about the wording caused me to misread then.
    In which case I apologize. Happens to the best of us.

No hard feelings :)
    Although grinding to 40k being easier than grinding out an echostone I would call subjective.
    Mostly because I sure do enjoy running Sidhe compared to the timesink of leveling. Or goldsink if we talk rebirth pots.

Purely speaking on the math of it, it's around 480~ runs on average using advance difficulty for just a grade 30 ignoring the stat rolls entirely but we're running into the issue of calculating probabilities not lining up with reality due to the assumption that as example "33.3%" means 1/3 will succeed which isn't the case in practice, thankfully Korean players have done the legwork for us already and report an actual average of around 2200~ runs to get a grade 30 echostone on advance difficulty from start to finish, with that in mind, every level from 8 onwards has a stat roll which resets every time 25+ fails to advance, getting the elusive 130 stat before getting 40k levels out of the 2 million exp per run would be a miracle of RNG, but a more average 70~90 definitely obtainable before 40k total.

It's ok though, I enjoy Sidhe too, one of the few places I have an excuse to use magic to kill the midboss.
    One really only needs total 20k+ to get Shine of Eweca stats that are viable anyway. Anything after that is just a matter of having skills complete for the major stats themselves.
    As well as leveling to 200/50 on a proper talent and age choice depending on stat focus. And Race.

Really we didn't even need the boosts from Shine for any of the content in the game now, it just makes things easier/faster. I go into kraken at 1 plenty, biggest difference Shine makes is Chain Sweep damage on the islands because I'm playing a Giant, but it's not like the content can't be cleared sub-50 current w/o Shine's boosts.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Purely speaking on the math of it, it's around 480~ runs on average using advance difficulty for just a grade 30 ignoring the stat rolls entirely but we're running into the issue of calculating probabilities not lining up with reality due to the assumption that as example "33.3%" means 1/3 will succeed which isn't the case in practice, thankfully Korean players have done the legwork for us already and report an actual average of around 2200~ runs to get a grade 30 echostone on advance difficulty from start to finish, with that in mind, every level from 8 onwards has a stat roll which resets every time 25+ fails to advance, getting the elusive 130 stat before getting 40k levels out of the 2 million exp per run would be a miracle of RNG, but a more average 70~90 definitely obtainable before 40k total.

It's ok though, I enjoy Sidhe too, one of the few places I have an excuse to use magic to kill the midboss.

Honestly, 70-90 is a much more ideal goal to reach anyway for Echostones. Less time, less RNG stress.
    The real benefit is the awakenings anyway.

And finding a set of awakenings for one's personal equipment is a bit of fun all in itself.