Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Stricter Blacklisting and changes to this function

Comments

• AnemkiAnemki
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    edited September 25, 2017
    I understand your idea quite well, because I too agree that some changes should be made to the blacklist.

Of course people are accountable for their actions at any age as well, but at times, an adult isn't always going to be there to tell them to stop. I am going to admit right now, I have read a variety of your threads before this one, and from my understanding, at times you can be quite delusional... It's really alarming and concerning... Now, again, this is just from my point of view and if you get offended, I'm sorry. As Hardmuscle has stated- that how did people deal with bullies before the internet? Where I do agree that any sort of bullying is NOT okay as I have been victim to it in my life, there comes a point and time that if you're to a certain age and a kid comes to your FACE, and says a nasty thing to you, you're going to need to understand that if you're an adult, you know that you have that maturity over them, and that a kid has a lot of growing up to do. Kids are of course influenced by many many things, by peers, what ever home life they may have, or just generally don't care.

An example of this would be my past with a player who did in fact get banned for misuse of the game, harassment and hacking. I even have notes from him yet, but as a JOKE. When you allow yourself to just be stronger than that KID that is bullying you, to make it a joke, you've helped yourself so much. As I said, I've seen some of your other posts... To assume that a kid is controlling a server, or a staff of a game is asinine, and you probably just need to move on... Just like any normal person.

As I try to reach out to you- I want you to know, that I have never met you before or seen you in public before. I have also never met your opposing parties that you have so mentioned, or other people have in your threads. I also do try and understand and help. So before you assume I am taking any sides either, that I do feel that you need to move on with your life... It does suck that it happens in a game you really do enjoy, but if something like this is getting out of hand over someone who is I assume a great deal younger than you, it's time to be a grown up, and I'm trying to be blunt, but not so tough at the same time, and this is a very delicate situation, I am sure.

I also do not wish to contact you outside of this, either. I've gathered information for a few days, and I don't think after this, you will even hear me out, or really any one else... If you are sensitive, then fine. I do get it, I really do. However- if this person isn't taken care of, then it probably isn't as serious as you really do thing, and I almost feel sorry... As I said, the person, the KID who harassed me is banned now, for good, and for multiple reasons, not just harassment, as well. I am not saying that this person who pesters you needs to have several reasons to get banned, but you need hard evidence. What ever the staff does to finally contact this person, via email or tickets, it is not their right to discuss that with you, either. It has always been that way, and even I have sent in tickets over bad apples, and nowhere in their job does it say we need to know what actions are taken place.

You may not believe it, but the staff does take harassment seriously, whether you want to listen to me or not. They do what they can, to the best of their abilities to take care of it and I have personally seen this. Really. If that doesn't happen to this person, then it probably isn't something they can do alone, or that it isn't really backed up by enough "proof"...

If you're going to take legal action, that is totally okay too... But please understand, that after gathering information from other threads and other places, any legal offical will probably not take this seriously as I am sure you are an adult, and this can easily be passed by, by just listening to Hardmuscle and I.... That it takes more than one person to stir the pot...
    EastSeaHardmuscle
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    I have a good idea whom you are posing here on behalf of and I will tell you this as I told other people coming around me under false pretenses age does not excuse bullying someone else. Just because someone is young does not allow them to come and harass others or send their friends to do so. Frankly you know nothing of what Ive been through the past year because of very abusive people that I have already blacklisted and whom have retaliated against me as a result of me ending my communications with them. They use their friends to harass me now and make little insider type refrerences to deter blame from themselves. They bear resposibilitily for this situation for the fact they did not understand what the purpose of me blacklisting them meant. They still pursuit to communicate with me hostility via their friends which is in fact retailiation for me blacklisting them among other things. I would like you to stop making judgements of me when you do not know the whole situation nor what I have been through as a result of a kids mistakes and I must note continued mistakes. Its time that kid admit they are wrong and walk away along with all their friends walking away from me and mine and do not make any attempt to contact any of us again. That is how this kid amendments for all the wrongdoings towards me and my friends over this past year and a half.

As stated previously I do not want to address these personal issues here. As I noticed several of my messages keep getting deleted so I have made sure to document everything with screenshots as proof of fowl actions towards me. Deleting harassing messages is like sweeping it under a rug to empower bullies to keep targeting me for more. Its time these bullies realize this has gone on for a very long time and its time they finally leave me and my friends alone for good with no communications towards us at all for any reason which also includes communications via their friends (which if hostility purposes is harassment and stalking).

I thank everyone here for their support on making changes to the blacklisting shstem to help make the game safer and more friendly. If you can think of anything to add please post here and I will update the first topic asap. I would like this topic to remain on the subject from now on so if you have something personal you would like to say outside is discussion you are welcome to pm me for a complete discussion.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    Having or not having a blacklisting feature has nothing to do with making the game safer for anyone involved. Not being able to blacklist someone does not put a person in danger. Don't be ridiculous. Blacklisting someone is nothing more than closing the door in the face of an argument you can't win; whether or not you were the direct cause of the argument. It's almost like you forgot it takes two or more people to argue. ~ You can't do it alone, and even if you blacklist someone; it doesn't repair the reputation you lost in the process.

Greta
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Actually there are cases where say bots may try to hack people through party invites or maybe to try and meet them for trades ect so if you blacklist someone and they are still able to communicate with you in that situation it does put you at risk. In any case if you blacklist it should end all forms of communication as that is the logical purpose of blacklisting in the first place if you still want to talk then you wont have them blacklisted in the first place. The situation varies on why someone has the desire to blacklist another and the situation for each person should not limit the way the blacklist functions. It should work the same way for everyone to end all forms of communication for whatever reason they feel justifies blacklisting another.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Stuff like that is why people say what they do about you. Seriously. You appear to be paranoid schizophrenic and I don't mean that offensively or sarcastically, I'm serious. Bots can't hack you through party invites. A bot is nothing more than another human being using a macro to auto press keys for them. There is nothing magic about bots. I understand how blacklisting works and/or should work, but lets not go off the deep end. :/

How do you, personally, handle arguments in real life without a blacklisting feature???

Do you 'ignore' people .... or, do you employ long tirades and overreactions? :smirk:

Greta
  • AnemkiAnemki
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Having or not having a blacklisting feature has nothing to do with making the game safer for anyone involved. Not being able to blacklist someone does not put a person in danger. Don't be ridiculous. Blacklisting someone is nothing more than closing the door in the face of an argument you can't win;

~ You can't do it alone, and even if you blacklist someone; it doesn't repair the reputation you lost in the process.

Stuff like that is why people say what they do about you. Seriously.

I actually said all of this aloud to myself in different wording or another.
    Sure, that Blacklisting does make it easier for the person being pestered, but it just makes it too easy... It doesn't allow you to face your problems. The internet is completely different than in real life, where we have to face these problems ourself. We cannot ask someone to do it for us, or "report them". :/

I feel if someone has been a real issue, something would have been done by now...
    From the view of all of this, you don't need to hear anything from anyone else, but to read the forums posted from this guy...
    Hardmuscle
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    I see you are still trying to insult me and claim I am insane. Another direct target towards me which is now the third time. I have taken screenshots of that conversation as well incase you try to delete it later. Seriously its about time you and your friends walk away and do not come back. As someone here said be the bigger person and leave. As it is clear you are connected with one another I hope you take that advice and end this type of hostility towards me. Situations like this are exactly why the blacklist needs to be improved so that clear targeted insults will not be sent to me in game. Sadly theres no way to stop it from happening here (believe me I know) so I will make a suggestion here: walk away and do not look back. Do not contact me or my friends in any form (in game, on forums, through pms, ect) as I stated already I already did a year ago and now it is time this other party (who seems to be growing in size ) does the same so myself and my friends can have a fun and fruitful life in this game. Now I have things I need to attend to so if you have something personal to address with me take it to PMs otherwise it has no place here on the public forums.

This topic is to discuss why we need better blacklist system and to get ideas how to improve it so lets keep the focus on that from this point forward
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    If you take what I said as an insult, the shoe must have fit you well. This topic is to discuss your constant need for attention, and as an aside, it's a 6 month old discussion about blacklisting everyone in the game but yourself. ~ Have a nice day, Samuel. :)

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Sadly you are quite wrong there. Labeling people with false mental conditions to make them viewed as insane is actually harassment and it has happened to me multiple times from different people as well iconically. There is only a select few I need to blacklist and the game will be much better for me when they are no longer able to contact me. Im sure there are plenty who would benefit from excommunicating certain troublemakers from the game entirely as well. Like for example exfriends who left on bad terms so will obviously has resentment and hostility towards you. Just food for thought as to why this system would help people to end all communications by people such as the situation above. Yep yep Ill be having a very good day indeed thanks.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    On the contrary; accusing someone of doing something they have not done (such as stalking you in the game, or harassing you in the game) is a form of harassment. As said by others (in your own threads), replying to your thread is not called stalking. If you appear to someone (such as me) as mentally unstable or schizophrenic, simply stating such is also not harassment. Especially when clarified at the time of the statement.

You need to remember who brought this discussion to the forum. It certainly wasn't me or anyone else who replied to your thread.
    and I don't mean that offensively or sarcastically, I'm serious. Bots can't hack you through party invites.

GretaEastSea
  • AnemkiAnemki
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I have a good idea whom you are posing here on behalf

Seriously its about time you and your friends walk away and do not come back.

Only quoting this because I'm wondering what or who you're talking about? On who's behalf?

Also, Hardmuscle and I are not friends, personally. I don't know who he is other than brief posts from the forums. To be honest though, I admire his honesty, how forward he is, and he brings good points that I can agree with.
    I would also like to mention that you yourself have put up a reputation on your own with your multiple forum threads...
    Hardmuscle
  • EastSeaEastSea
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250

I agree with the OP, blacklisting should be updated. There were countless times my sister would get threatening messages and it sometimes would take days for said person to get banned. Notes would keep coming, and she only was able to screenshot them to send them to GMs. This was back in the day, aswell.

I want to point out to you that the person you have been speaking of hasn't actually been able to play Mabinogi often for about 4 months. They were able to get on occasionally, but they were not able to stay online for long lengths of time. The last few weeks, they have actually disappeared off of the face of the Earth.

That said, as someone who has been a member and dear friend of this person since March, I did not know anything about this situation until I read your posts (as refered to by Anemki). This proves said person hasn't been 'harassing' you. Infact, the members have no idea that this is going on, and I don't think I'm going to tell them either.

The person you are referring too is against the spreading of drama. If you ever really knew this person, you should be able to point this out from their character.

Infact - how ironic - their username means "the mental state of peace or tranquility".
    ScavernAnemkiHardmuscle
  • AnemkiAnemki
    Also, if you want to be sure that I'm not from some sort of conspiracy or that I am my own person, you are more than welcome to look at my forum posts, find me on the Mabi Wiki or on tumblr.

I am coming here on my behalf, and nobody else's... Anyone with eyes can understand even a little bit of your brain capacity, just by looking at your various threads...
    Hardmuscle
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Anything said about a person's physical or mental state of being that is not confirmed by a doctor (which you are not one) is called harassment and is also discrimination as this false claim of mental conditions are being used to justify abusive statements towards me by multiple persons now. I will be alerting the 3rd party advocate of these statements who will be helping me with this situation from an unbiased point of view (which friends of this particular person will not have towards myself or anyone who supports me).

I advise anyone communicating with me from now on to refrain from statements concerning my health or any claimed health conditions they think I might have as anything said that is untrue is harassment and discrimination towards a disabled person.

As for drama I will say sending friends and acquaintances to spam a person's thread with personal judgments and harassment kinda disproves your statement about the person not wanting drama. Believe me, I have known that person over a year (going on 2 now) so I know how they are like and how they react to situations that are unfavorable for them. A glimpse into my inbox of mabi will tell Nexon's admins the true nature of this person and their acquaintances towards me. They are welcome to look at it anytime as I do not delete any of my messages and have made screenshots of everything for my personal records. If they truly do not want drama then they (along with their friends) need to start acting peacefully towards myself and others especially in suggestions thread and recruitment. They need to be the bigger person here and walk away (do not contact me or respond to me at all, do not contact me in game, on forums, through pms, through notes, ect) and my 3rd party advocate will be helping me with any future situations involving hostility from this point onwards.

Now since we have spent the last page and a half talking about ethics and falsifying my mental health I think its time we get back to the real subject of modifying the blacklist to prevent communication in any form from individuals who have been put on the blacklist by another user (for whatever reason). The notes sytem should be included as part of the blacklist to prevent people from sending notes in game. Anyone else have any relevant discussions about the actual subject here?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    You are overreacting, as I'm certain any 3rd party professional can plainly see if they bother to read what's been said. You made the suggestion that a bot could hack a player through a party invite as though it were as true as the sky is blue. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's wrong with that statement. A blacklisting feature is only a good thing when it's not used in an exploitative fashion. In your case, that's to say you can't throw rocks at someone and then hide behind a blacklist and expect impunity of your actions. Blacklisting someone doesn't make you immune or give you power over someone, and that's what you need to understand. It's already obvious you don't know or believe this to be true, else you wouldn't continue to insist without any proof that certain people (such as myself) are "stalking you", because they just so happen to be in the same public forum you are .. on a video game you and them (myself) also play .. wow .. so may ironies ... --,- ... seriously.. look .. evaluate.. before it's too late...
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,545
    A bot can't hack at all. Those bot's you see in dunbarton and belvast are players that have logged in with the SOUL purpose to be Chinese gold sellers. They can't attack you, they can't harm you, they are completely harmless.
    HardmuscleAnemkiGreta
  • AnemkiAnemki
    In addition to what you stated, Sam, about how wrong it is to evaluate someone for what mental conditions a person may or may not have, it is also wrong to assume that Hardmuscle and I are working together... or are friends with whomever you dislike... I don't know who or what you're talking about and I am very concerned and alarmed...

Kettle cold kettle black... you get the idea...
    HardmuscleGreta
  • AnemkiAnemki
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    A bot can't hack at all. Those bot's you see in dunbarton and belvast are players that have logged in with the SOUL purpose to be Chinese gold sellers. They can't attack you, they can't harm you, they are completely harmless.

These bots you see selling gold in Belv/Dunby are also just as simple to set up as the bots during old times that would farm kill foxes in Tir and mongoose in Qilla- they are set up with a special software, with a hotkey to spam chat, if you even watch their chat, it will toss a random letter/number, then their phrase/website. They are created with a macro that runs in the background of Mabi... They are perfectly SAFE to Blacklist, though it does get super annoying adding them to our ever growing Friends List. Just manually remove after a day or two, or let Walkerr decide he wants to kill them...
    FayeKaibaHardmuscleScavern
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    If everyone here knew you were disabled, it would not be discrimination to recognize those disabilities, Sam. No one said being paranoid schizophrenic was something to be ashamed of.

FayeKaibaGreta
  • AnemkiAnemki
    If everyone here knew you were disabled, it would not be discrimination to recognize those disabilities, Sam. No one said being paranoid schizophrenic was something to be ashamed of.

I'm disabled!
    HardmuscleScavern
This discussion has been closed.