Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pals from Pixel World

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 20,605
Posts: 1,412
Member, Administrator, Nexon
edited March 30 in News and Announcements
Erinn is in trouble and needs your help! Help the pals from Pixel World defeat the evil Demon Lord for some pixelated prizes! Craft Legendary Weapons, find the Demon Lord's castle and defeat the evil Demon Lord. The fate of Erinn lies in your hands, hero. Check out the details on the webpost.


Event Dates: Thursday, April 1st, After Maintenance - Thursday, April 29th, Before Maintenance

210325_retropixelevent_newsarticleheader_940x290.jpg
NegumikoWolfsinger

Comments

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,795
    Posts: 8,274
    Member
    edited March 31
    65c.jpg

    I am already horribly confused. Someone please make a walkthrough when this event goes live. This is painfully complicated, please tell me I am not alone here.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,320
    Posts: 1,029
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    65c.jpg

    I am already horribly confused. Someone please make a walkthrough when this event goes live. This is painfully complicated, please tell me I am not alone here.

    the really confusing part is opening the Sealed Box at the end of Act 2:
    degwptu-a02b42f2-0f73-428b-b730-96c4e6d193c8.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZWd3cHR1LWEwMmI0MmYyLTBmNzMtNDI4Yi1iNzMwLTk2YzRlNmQxOTNjOC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.q-Hr-PC5WGKRNymZKmcajsxrJkCvO5_nRf5vW4pVTcw

    will there be any hints to solving this secret code or do we just have to guess it and get lucky? there have been other events with overly stupid Korean features like this where it is nearly impossible to actually win. so a lot of players might not make it to Act 3. completing Act 3 gives this reward so it makes sense they might make it almost impossible to get:
    degwqkh-265ed8fa-596d-4dcb-ab18-7448dbbef2fe.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZWd3cWtoLTI2NWVkOGZhLTU5NmQtNGRjYi1hYjE4LTc0NDhkYmJlZjJmZS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.GT2F2sVmkXGsOS4ZBdBzM_7OzELcv9r4SMPaORpYXKk

    other then that weird secret box part this event does seem kind of fun.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,795
    Posts: 8,274
    Member
    What's the stats on that blade? What are the restrictions? Is it permanent?
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Posts: 267
    Member
    This seems like a April Fools prank towards the players.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,385
    Posts: 1,314
    Member
    edited April 1
    This seems like a April Fools prank towards the players.

    I forgot it was April 1st actually.....
    Not gonna lie, I would actually laugh if it was.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Posts: 77
    Member
    @Negumiko based on the symbols below the code spot (Circle, triangle, X) it will most likely be an easy game. When you put in an attempt, circles will show correct numbers in the proper place, triangles for correct numbers in the wrong place, and X will show incorrect numbers. For Example: the code is 583 - You input 548 you would show 1 circle, 1 triangle, and 1 X, and then you try again...after 8 incorrect answers the code resets, and you start over.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Posts: 182
    Member
    Seems a bit much for an april fools event
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Posts: 77
    Member
    Current take on the event.... Simple tasks with a built in time delay to stretch the event. If you miss a day, you fall behind where you could be with absolutely no way to actually catch up. Found another day delay inside the "9 map pieces" part, and the clues are pointless since there is a quest light for each one anyways.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,320
    Posts: 1,029
    Member
    edited April 4
    deh5gqw-b393a766-0749-4017-b736-9e6bc2b67147.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZWg1Z3F3LWIzOTNhNzY2LTA3NDktNDAxNy1iNzM2LTllNmJjMmI2NzE0Ny5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.8fPnJtPEU3ZOXPXRFnMZxCDiQ0NSptqSzZJDe4QBvaA

    turns out you can actually get each one of the special passes each day. not sure if this is a glitch with the event or just a typo in the description but it implies you can only pick one of the 3 special dungeons each day even though you can play through all 3 each day once you unlock all of them.

    even though the legendary staff does not mention it in the description you can also use fireball, thunder, and ice spear with this new staff. these weapons can't be dyed even though it isn't mentioned in the item description but they can be repaired.
  • StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Posts: 77
    Member
    Negumiko wrote: »
    even though the legendary staff does not mention it in the description you can also use fireball, thunder, and ice spear with this new staff.

    The description states that you don't need to gain charges to use intermediate magics, so that information is there.

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,795
    Posts: 8,274
    Member
    edited April 5
    Can we definitely not have april fools events that require real days to complete next time? It should have been in-game days and not this aggravation of only getting a few actions done per day. We don't even know if all this waiting is going to be worth our time at all.

    I smell ferghus's amazing wings around the corner. That event pissed a lot of players off as silly as it was. smhlol.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,610
    Posts: 484
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Can we definitely not have april fools events that require real days to complete next time? It should have been in-game days and not this aggravation of only getting a few actions done per day. We don't even know if all this waiting is going to be worth our time at all.

    I smell ferghus's amazing wings around the corner. That event pissed a lot of players off as silly as it was. smhlol.

    I wouldn't complain if it lets me finally use my Robe Expiration Cancellation Gem. :P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,795
    Posts: 8,274
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Can we definitely not have april fools events that require real days to complete next time? It should have been in-game days and not this aggravation of only getting a few actions done per day. We don't even know if all this waiting is going to be worth our time at all.

    I smell ferghus's amazing wings around the corner. That event pissed a lot of players off as silly as it was. smhlol.

    I wouldn't complain if it lets me finally use my Robe Expiration Cancellation Gem. :P

    Robe=sword?
  • gertrudegertrude
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited April 8
    Stormbeast wrote: »
    Current take on the event.... Simple tasks with a built in time delay to stretch the event. If you miss a day, you fall behind where you could be with absolutely no way to actually catch up. Found another day delay inside the "9 map pieces" part, and the clues are pointless since there is a quest light for each one anyways.

    How? Please explain. TIA Sorry wrong quote was wanting to know how to get a pass every day. Please delete as I cant
  • gertrudegertrude
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Posts: 17
    Member
    Negumiko wrote: »
    deh5gqw-b393a766-0749-4017-b736-9e6bc2b67147.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDM1ZGJhZWMtYTA3Yi00Y2ZjLThlZjQtN2ZmZDZiODY3OTg4XC9kZWg1Z3F3LWIzOTNhNzY2LTA3NDktNDAxNy1iNzM2LTllNmJjMmI2NzE0Ny5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.8fPnJtPEU3ZOXPXRFnMZxCDiQ0NSptqSzZJDe4QBvaA

    turns out you can actually get each one of the special passes each day. not sure if this is a glitch with the event or just a typo in the description but it implies you can only pick one of the 3 special dungeons each day even though you can play through all 3 each day once you unlock all of them.

    even though the legendary staff does not mention it in the description you can also use fireball, thunder, and ice spear with this new staff. these weapons can't be dyed even though it isn't mentioned in the item description but they can be repaired.

    Could you explain how? TIA
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,910
    Posts: 2,665
    Member
    edited April 9
    anyone else having an issue with the quest to enter the library when the sun is 'at its highest'
    i enter at 12 PM and nothings behind the desk in the far back of the room (which most ppl tell me where its supposed to be)

    EDIT: IF YOU HAVE A 'SPOOKY LIBRARY PASS', GET RID OF IT OR YOU CAN'T PROGRESS!!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 62,795
    Posts: 8,274
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    anyone else having an issue with the quest to enter the library when the sun is 'at its highest'
    i enter at 12 PM and nothings behind the desk in the far back of the room (which most ppl tell me where its supposed to be)

    EDIT: IF YOU HAVE A 'SPOOKY LIBRARY PASS', GET RID OF IT OR YOU CAN'T PROGRESS!!

    I found out that you have to remain OUTSIDE of the library and THEN enter once it's noon.
  • ikemendesuikemendesu
    Mabinogi Rep: 350
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited April 13
    Where the heck is Rami after getting the sealed box from the library?

    edit: nvm lol she is right outside the library, where price usually stands
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,645
    Posts: 939
    Member
    edited April 15
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    What's the stats on that blade? What are the restrictions? Is it permanent?

    For anyone curious:

    cMLKSud.png

    Elves can equip it. No upgrades/enchants. Can be reforged. Permanent.
  • lordrooklordrook
    Post: 1
    Member
    HELP! I got to Rami, in the square and wanted to put the puzzle together, but I only have eight pieces? Where did my other piece go? I followed everything through the quest tracker so how do I only have eight?