Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao Mk XIV

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited March 5, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
The last time anything was mentioned, about this, was more than 30 days ago. So, I'm creating a new thread, as per site policy, because we wouldn't want the powers that be to think that this issue has gone away now would we.

Please merge Alexina and Nao.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
Kagenokami

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Poll
  • VimaVima
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    The issue won't be solved any time soon, my thoughts on this topic remains the same. Allowing the illegally gotten gains from Alexina to be smuggled onto the Nao server will irreparably damage the economy even more so than it already is. Nexon shuts down entire games with nowhere for the players to go.

So why should this be any different from when DFO shut down or when Dragon Nest shut down?
  • HelsaHelsa
    It's a zero-sum situation then: a cache of duped items making it's way to a server, which, by your own account is already ruined and getting worse by the moment, versus a community of innocent people being constantly held in a second-class Mabinogi experience. Who's that guy on Nao that always does the puns in broadcast? I suspect a lot of folks on Nao roll their eyes over it. But, like it or not, it's a sign of life: of a community that is thriving. We have no such thing on Alexina because it is none of that. At any rate, day-by-day Alexina becomes more and more expensive for Nexon to operate as a separate entity. Since, Nexon has already performed a merge, showing that they are willing to do so, then it's just a matter of time for our community to finally come together.
    Jeremih
  • JeremihJeremih
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Vima wrote: »
    Allowing the illegally gotten gains from Alexina to be smuggled onto the Nao server will irreparably damage the economy even more so than it already is.

Game devs stated that they've tracked the items/gold and did their part in removing it.

We have 1 game but 2 communities. These 2 communities rarely interact with one another. The potential for growth of any kind is halved essentially.

I'd like to be able to stream this game via twitch, to showcase speed runs, solos/strats, and unique combat features, but I'm only able to network with those on the Alexina server. I'm sure Nao streamers face the same problem. Word to mouth is limited to the server I'm located in.
  • HelsaHelsa
    The best reason to have a merge is then you don't have to hear people beach about it any more. :)
    JeremihKagenokami
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    I'm still, of course, in agreement on this topic. Speaking out so the powers that be don't see low like/comment count and assume it's not wanted. I would also like to point out that, thankfully, they recognized that it is wanted in the latest poll (although I was sad that I missed the memo and didn't get to throw in my 2-cents about some topics). I would also like to point out that a merger would help revitalize guilds as well, which would be quite welcome imo.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Kagenokami wrote: »
    I'm still, of course, in agreement on this topic. Speaking out so the powers that be don't see low like/comment count and assume it's not wanted. I would also like to point out that, thankfully, they recognized that it is wanted in the latest poll (although I was sad that I missed the memo and didn't get to throw in my 2-cents about some topics). I would also like to point out that a merger would help revitalize guilds as well, which would be quite welcome imo.

I think these forums can make a difference as long as it asks for something tiny: like giving elves dark hair/skin, making characters blink, and asking for a bus pet; little things like that. For major things, Nexon only listens to it's legal, or finance departments. So, like last time, really, a merge will only happen if maintaining a separate 'server' becomes too costly for them, and Alexina is heading that way.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    4lbB9a8.png
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    4lbB9a8.png

Would that it were so. However, I suspect that the announcement will be of the Iria Commerce update instead, since the next trading season begins in early April.

On the other hand, if they are considering another merge, bare in mind that the creation of Nap was the very first such merge of any install anywhere in the world, at least they learned from that first merge. One hopes, rather than doing it the same old way, that they will solve the naming problem, as part of that action, and give themself a nice additional income vector at the same time; win/win.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    4lbB9a8.png

special livestream could mean anything and the announcement could have been the secondary password removal announcement or something else. we have no way of knowing if the announcement is connected to the livestream or not. Nexon has been known to confuse us with the strange way they word things. I am hoping for a server merge announcement during the livestream but I also wouldn't be surprised if the server merge topic isn't even discussed at all in this livestream.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Negumiko wrote: »
    4lbB9a8.png

special livestream could mean anything and the announcement could have been the secondary password removal announcement or something else. we have no way of knowing if the announcement is connected to the livestream or not. Nexon has been known to confuse us with the strange way they word things. I am hoping for a server merge announcement during the livestream but I also wouldn't be surprised if the server merge topic isn't even discussed at all in this livestream.

Okay so this wasn't the special announcement livestream but we got a special little error message when Katherz tried to create a pet on stream.
    df1sdif-0984ee16-4ad4-4f6c-a1a2-f959073feea6.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGYxc2RpZi0wOTg0ZWUxNi00YWQ0LTRmNmMtYTFhMi1mOTU5MDczZmVlYTYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.kWZwnqLAY-moUuoh6SZstwvwHCF1zUH2JwrciNyBdY8
  • HelsaHelsa
    Okay so this wasn't the special announcement livestream but we got a special little error message when Katherz tried to create a pet on stream.

df1sdif-0984ee16-4ad4-4f6c-a1a2-f959073feea6.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGYxc2RpZi0wOTg0ZWUxNi00YWQ0LTRmNmMtYTFhMi1mOTU5MDczZmVlYTYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.kWZwnqLAY-moUuoh6SZstwvwHCF1zUH2JwrciNyBdY8

Before folks go all forensic over this, analysing @katherz tone of voice and micro-facial expressions, she conducted the live stream with her character on the test 'server'. The test 'server' is a partition of the exact same database as Alexina and Nao, but with far fewer channels; my guess is no more than five. What this means is that on Alexina or Nao, if you try to realize that exact same pet whistle you will get the same error message. Naturally, I would hope that the message is indictive of a coming merge, but my guess is that it was meant to say something like "This item is not yet activated as it has not yet been officially released." and that someone down there messed-up and forgot to update the old message from 2019.
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Please, if we're going to merge again, give out free pet rename coupons for any affected pets because I don't want to be buying another round of pet adoption medals to fix all of mine's names again. I still have a couple I haven't gotten around to yet as it is.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yoriden wrote: »
    Please, if we're going to merge again, give out free pet rename coupons for any affected pets because I don't want to be buying another round of pet adoption medals to fix all of mine's names again. I still have a couple I haven't gotten around to yet as it is.

You actually bothered to blow money like that? Many of my pets still have +server. I ain't blowing that much cash lolololol.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    4lbB9a8.png

I can barely read that, but that's a nice catch.
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    edited March 17, 2022

You actually bothered to blow money like that? Many of my pets still have +server. I ain't blowing that much cash lolololol.

Well yes, I like my pets and having +server names killed my enjoyment of using them.

At least I got exactly what I wanted for my money and didn't waste it on gacha.
  • HelsaHelsa

Well yes, I like my pets and having +server names killed my enjoyment of using them.

It's all good. People spending on the game, for whatever the reason, means the game lives longer.
    Yoriden
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    It would be nice to get proper renaming opportunities rather than a 1-off character rename, definitely. I do hope that the error message is a true indication of a coming merge as I think we would all like to have access to a bigger community, but we will simply have to wait and see.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Meh I guess that's the difference between certain players. I'm more concerned about increasing my max.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I'm more concerned about increasing my max.

Kinky!