Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao Mk XIV

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    IT IS OFFICIAL. THE NEW SERVER WILL BE CALLED: ERINN.

I'm coming for you Helsa.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited March 24, 2022
    Time to lose the name I got unblacklisted from the name system after a few days worth of tickets...

This happened sooner than I expected though
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Kinky. I feel kinda tingly, down there.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited March 24, 2022
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Time to lose the name I got unblacklisted from the name system after a few days worth of tickets...

This happened sooner than I expected though

Yeah, I really thought the "special announcement" was about the commerce update. I was surprised. It only took 14 threads to do it!

As for names, now we need to start complaining about changing the character/pet/homestead record primary keys to record number, so that we can have free and unlimited repetion of names.

I think I'll wait until the after-glow of the merge dies down, and people are ready to roll up their sleeves.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Finally the second server merge is about to happen and we can end this long civil war on the forums. It is great this is happening before the Iria Commerce update cause now it will be far easier to find groups to commerce with when that update happens. Also GM Supreme was interesting. Hopefully he will be in more future livestreams.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Finally the second server merge is about to happen and we can end this long civil war on the forums. It is great this is happening before the Iria Commerce update cause now it will be far easier to find groups to commerce with when that update happens. Also GM Supreme was interesting. Hopefully he will be in more future livestreams.

Will the commerce update come mid-commerce season or will they wait until August to release it here?
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    WE GOT EM BOYS! AND it nao names will be unaffected! WOO! Couldn't be MORE pumped! :D
  • HelsaHelsa
    Kagenokami wrote: »
    WE GOT EM BOYS! AND it nao names will be unaffected! WOO! Couldn't be MORE pumped! :D

It was the necessary evil that had to happen to make the merge happen. It's unfair to Alexinans but I can live with it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »

Kinky. I feel kinda tingly, down there.

Wew wew.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775

Will the commerce update come mid-commerce season or will they wait until August to release it here?

I am hoping for the update somewhere in June or July but I certainly don't mind waiting until August for such a amazing update. The update is 100% complete in Mabi KR so now all that is left is to bring it here.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I am hoping for the update somewhere in June or July but I certainly don't mind waiting until August for such a amazing update. The update is 100% complete in Mabi KR so now all that is left is to bring it here.

Last merge was messy . I predict we will won't be doing updates until around June for the sheer fact it took a couple months to iron everything out AFTER the first merge happened.
  • HelsaHelsa

If that's the case then we COULD get it around the time of the merge, since the commerce season begins in April.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 24, 2022
    X39HJ7C.png
  • HelsaHelsa

Last merge was messy . I predict we will won't be doing updates until around June for the sheer fact it took a couple months to iron everything out AFTER the first merge happened.

Nah, there's no reason for a second merge to stall updates. The same name-related issues will happen but this time we are aware of them and this time the kludges to deal with them are known.
  • HelsaHelsa
    X39HJ7C.png

Crimsọn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Okay so this wasn't the special announcement livestream but we got a special little error message when Katherz tried to create a pet on stream.

df1sdif-0984ee16-4ad4-4f6c-a1a2-f959073feea6.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGYxc2RpZi0wOTg0ZWUxNi00YWQ0LTRmNmMtYTFhMi1mOTU5MDczZmVlYTYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.kWZwnqLAY-moUuoh6SZstwvwHCF1zUH2JwrciNyBdY8

Before folks go all forensic over this, analysing @katherz tone of voice and micro-facial expressions, she conducted the live stream with her character on the test 'server'. The test 'server' is a partition of the exact same database as Alexina and Nao, but with far fewer channels; my guess is no more than five. What this means is that on Alexina or Nao, if you try to realize that exact same pet whistle you will get the same error message. Naturally, I would hope that the message is indictive of a coming merge, but my guess is that it was meant to say something like "This item is not yet activated as it has not yet been officially released." and that someone down there messed-up and forgot to update the old message from 2019.

Definitely happy that I was wrong about this one. XD