Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

KR Content updates?

Comments

• LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,915
    edited April 28, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Yeah you know how we can obtain dan 1 dan 2 and dan 3 past r1? But doing so was kind of pointless because it didn't increase any stats? Well now ranking your skills to dan it will increase your stats. Which is freaking awesome.

What's all this dan stuff? :S

Ranking above R1. You basically had to compete in this mini-game of sorts against other players to get secondary skill training, and you keep on doing this if you want higher Dan ranks (highest is 3). Doing Dan advancements has been pointless for the longest time, due to mediocre rewards. Advancing the skills don't give stats, and the rewards are mainly fluff. You get two different rewards between Dan 1 and Dan 3, and that's mainly between tacky robes and titles (that give no stats). At Dan 3 there are some nifty bonuses, such as being able to open secret shops on certain NPCs that will give you enchants, but they are horribly outdated at this point.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Uberchao wrote: »
    Seriously? More effeminate hairstyles for men and still not a single tomboyish cut for girls? Barring of course some extremely low-detail low-poly styles from the far past. And Meryl style but it sounds like the gacha somehow didn't make it any cheaper.

Just make a couple of those cute shaggy male styles unisex, good heavens.

I would love more pixie cuts for girls.

Opalthira wrote: »
    All those dot eye faces are creepy.

938280ba98.gif
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited April 28, 2017
    (Rough) translation of the teaser page:

ONJ2Vkx.png

5gpvncw.png

GT062KJ.png
    AeolysXiokunLiberateBuffalosNilremIyasenuRukiyaHiroki05Twelie
  • UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Nichee wrote: »
    there's.....plenty of tomboyish hair for female..? there's really only 1 or 2 effeminate(enough) hair for male....

There's a few short ones, like Medium Sideburns and Boyish Hair Cut, but I wouldn't really call them boyish. Actually there is Annick and Casswyn I think, so maybe I should correct myself. There aren't any boyish styles that are short and shaggy, like many of the male ones are. "Huge Shaggy Hair" is definitely more on the effeminate side, even.

This is the kind of style I'm talking about. Many guy styles hit it right on or are close, but I don't think a single female one does at all.sample_dfc944c65fbeb02a5d0e99f713daec82.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,965
    edited April 28, 2017
    There's a few short ones, like Medium Sideburns and Boyish Hair Cut, but I wouldn't really call them boyish. Actually there is Annick and Casswyn I think, so maybe I should correct myself. There aren't any boyish styles that are short and shaggy, like many of the male ones are. "Huge Shaggy Hair" is definitely more on the effeminate side, even.

All these hairstyles you mentioned look pretty tomboyish to me... Also not everything has to be your way. I never heard anyone complain about Huge Shaggy Hair or any other hairstyle for not being boyish enough. I only heard players complaining about males for not having enough long feminine hairstyles.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,940
    Nichee wrote: »
    there's.....plenty of tomboyish hair for female..? there's really only 1 or 2 effeminate(enough) hair for male....

This is the kind of style I'm talking about. Many guy styles hit it right on or are close, but I don't think a single female one does at all.sample_dfc944c65fbeb02a5d0e99f713daec82.jpg

Milky milky milky! <3
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,060
    How about we make hairstyle unisex?
    FweepUberchaoCrimsọnHiroki05LeineiRukiyaErorservNilremKitsuyashaTheDumbOneand 5 others.
  • UberchaoUberchao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Xiokun wrote: »
    How about we make hairstyle unisex?
    Basically this yeah. At least some of them, I don't think they'd necessarily fail to fit the heads of the other gender.
    Greta wrote: »

All these hairstyles you mentioned look pretty tomboyish to me... Also not everything has to be your way. I never heard anyone complain about Huge Shaggy Hair or any other hairstyle for not being boyish enough. I only heard players complaining about males for not having enough long feminine hairstyles.

Short Shaggy is a bit butch, as opposed to just plainly boyish.
    I mean again, admittedly, I shouldn't care too much about this because as a Giant main there are a few hairs that actually nail it exactly, but still it's odd how they haven't really done anything of the same general style for the puny races.
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,115
    Am I the only one sad the Female Patissiere Wig isn't a new hairstyle?
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 49,940
    Stolias wrote: »

That and the Laighlinne wig too. Sigh...
    Mhaol
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    That new dan system thing actually looks like a really good update.

And if those new "master talent accessories" are literally accessory idle animations...

Mastering skills just became a lot more worth it.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,875
    Gaea wrote: »
    Stolias wrote: »

That and the Laighlinne wig too. Sigh...

Well... "Laighlinne Wig" IS a hair.

In the same sense that "Shaggy Perm" is a hair. :c

Only in the dressing room appearance options for the actual Laighlinne Partner.
    I want all those partner-specific style options to... not be partner-specific.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,860
    I would like some shorter hairstyles be available for female characters too. Lileas' hair is short, but it's curved and Nerys's hair style is too short, and Medium sideburns is too long. I would love to see a style like the one in the picture of the cow girl though. That looks adorable. =D
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    Nobody does dan anymore, can't even remember when or how I did my Dan3 blacksmith
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,430
    22e27b578d.png
    Sorry to disappoint, but my friend who plays on the KR server informed me that she believes this "talent" portion isn't a new talent, but a renewal/update of the talent system as a whole.
    She's not 100% sure, but this is what she told me.
    Don't get too hyped up for a new talent, is what I'm saying.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,955
    Blankeye wrote: »
    22e27b578d.png
    Sorry to disappoint, but my friend who plays on the KR server informed me that she believes this "talent" portion isn't a new talent, but a renewal/update of the talent system as a whole.

Good. I'm tired of new talents. I'd rather see them fix/add to existing content.
    XiokunJoejonas
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,080
    Blankeye wrote: »
    22e27b578d.png

Appreciate the heads up! I'm welcoming any updates or renewals of any kind at this point. It's nice to see something getting done to what we already have!
    Xiokun
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I'd take renewals over brand-spankin' new content. Fix up what already exists rather than bog down the players with more new stuff while leaving old things to simply exist. Heck, I'd even welcome removals. Who here remember Sharp Mind? Anyone?
    NeroyFeliceLiyetaTiramisugoi
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,135
    Zerukan wrote: »
    C-YKLJMUAAACAEK.jpg
    Not sure how legit, but it may be.
    A friend of mine translated it, from top to bottom...
    -Repair System

Does that mean we'll be getting a REPAIR SKILL? I'd rank the fluff out of that.
  • AndrewGRAndrewGR
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Their plan seems great but ... BUT ... i thought we were going to see a spirit weapon revamp. T-T