Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Which server should I officially start on?

FruitcakkeFruitcakke
Mabinogi Rep: 530
in General Chat
Hi!
I'm new to the community, as well as Mabinogi, so hello for the first time~!

I've been going around the internet trying to find helpful insight on which server I should join. I'd like to join a populated one, where I could find potentially nice players. I know that sounds vague, but I'm not sure what else to put. If you have any ideas on which, it'd be very helpful to me.
Thanks. :)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 27, 2017
    Alexina.

That's all.

*Waits for other server players to get triggered*

By the way, Welcome to Mabinogi! :D
    FruitcakkeBlissfulkillZeoSawaClovercody
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 27, 2017
    Fruitcakke wrote: »
    Hi!

I've been going around the internet trying to find helpful insight on which server I should join. I'd like to join a populated one, where I could find potentially nice players. I know that sounds vague, but I'm not sure what else to put. If you have any ideas on which, it'd be very helpful to me.

Don't fall for the cheese steaks. They're lies. :*

Come to Mari! We have blackjack and strippers. And rave parties and Wings every weekend. :p

I'll hook U up. Hit me ING if U want. ;)
    FruitcakkeClovercody
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 27, 2017
    Basically.

Alexina>Mari>Tarlach=>Ruari.

If you want to argue about "taking away players", then I am up.

This sort of thing should be the new player's benefit, not you and your posse, and it is his choice. However, it cannot be said to be an actual choice if one doesn't divulge the information and such he asked for or needs to make a choice.

Respecting people's autonomy means letting them make a decision with all relevant knowledge known.

It is possible I am wrong about the order concerning Tarlach and Ruari, and I wish to amend it if it is true. I also think you can put out how close knit you guys are. I think that is fine. You can't argue fact though, and I am not trying to anger you, but a similar thread a couple of months ago had such a minor tussle, so preemptive disclaimer.
    GretaFruitcakkeZeoBuffalosRadiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    It's funny how some people are desperate and try to manipulate newcomers to go to their home server... Let them decide themselves. Don't make yourself look desperate or creepy this way.
    Fruitcakke
  • FruitcakkeFruitcakke
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Well, okay! Thanks for the insight on everything, guys. (And thanks @Greta for the welcome!)

I've decided to go Alexina~ :)
    GretaZeoSawa
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    He can go where ever he wants ofc,

aVgPkYNb_700w_0.jpg

But we have the game's poster girl. B)

Everyone else gets Ferghus.

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Ask spinner wheel. Simply google 'Wheel Decide'.
    GretaFruitcakkeCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited June 28, 2017
    Meanwhile...other servers keep getting neglected further perpetuating the problem and demands for server merges continue.

giphy.gif

Tentacle[Deleted User]GakkuriaquaNilremCarlize
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Basically.

Ruari is just a tiny bit higher in population than Tarlach, according to the character creation screen, but it's not a significant amount more.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Basically.

Ruari is just a tiny bit higher in population than Tarlach, according to the character creation screen, but it's not a significant amount more.

There seems to be recent fluctuations of sorts, so I'd say even is most likely.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Yeah, it is the player's decision to pick what server she/he want to join but I'd have to agree that it is more beneficial to join Alexina compared to the original three servers because Alexina is most populated one at the moment.

I'm also from Alexina as well and you're welcome to add me (same name in game as my forum name) if you want a new friend! :)
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    edited June 28, 2017
    Hi!

If you want the oldest server with the most.....creative people (artists/youtube generally)
    then Mari (they also one of the bigger RP servers)

if you want the youngest server with arguably the most people (unverified but they keep saying it). Alexina. they also have alot less high level people due to being the youngest server.

If you want the most competitive/serious server (.....i say serious but everyone in mabi likes RP, and all are generally relaxed). Ruairi. probably gonna have the most successful dungeon runs in parties here.

if you want to be forgotten. Tarlach. (i'm sorry Tarlach, i literally can not think of ANYTHING to say about you.....i really don't hear from you guys much...)

i'm from Ruairi. and i'd generally say we have the most....dedicated players who will do what they can to get the game outside attention. (Trigger mostly).

Rhey wrote: »
    Hi!

Don't fall for the cheese steaks. They're lies. :*

Come to Mari! We have blackjack and strippers. And rave parties and Wings every weekend. :p

I'll hook U up. Hit me ING if U want. ;)

those strippers were a lie. all they did was take my clothes and throw me in emain macha's lake.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Well, okay! Thanks for the insight on everything, guys. (And thanks @Greta for the welcome!)

I've decided to go Alexina~ :)

SHAME ON YOU!! jk jk. :) I play on Mari server, but you can always do what a lot of us have done, make a character for each server. Since new accounts get several character cards, plus the 2 assistant character cards can be gotten, you can just try out the different servers if you want too.

Also, welcome to the forums and the game!
    Fruitcakke
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Welcome! Shame ppl keep joining Alexina though. Maybe if ppl actually joined the other 3 players would stop whining about low population.
    LiberateCrimsọnFruitcakkeCarlize
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Shoog's right, it's not too late to try out other servers. Why don't you give each server a couple days trial before cementing yourself down to one server. I go by Gaea on Ruairi, when you decide to try our server out hit me up. I can get you started.

I gots lots of freebies~

:D
    BuffalosFruitcakkeCarlize
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited June 28, 2017
    I made new new account to make characters on the other servers and you only get one premium card. :(
    (doing the starter quests give 6 character cards derppp)
    ***All the characters came with premium features nexon did something right for once***

if you want the youngest server with arguably the most people (unverified but they keep saying it). Alexina. they also have alot less high level people due to being the youngest server.

The wiki is proof enough...
    2017-06-18_1.png
    Zeo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    When are the GM's going to address this...
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    Welcome! Shame ppl keep joining Alexina though. Maybe if ppl actually joined the other 3 players would stop whining about low population.

A major selling point to joining a server is probably population. It's just a sad side effect from having a NEW tag on Alexina for years that the others have lower pops in comparison.
    Gaea wrote: »
    Shoog's right, it's not too late to try out other servers. Why don't you give each server a couple days trial before cementing yourself down to one server. I go by Gaea on Ruairi, when you decide to try our server out hit me up. I can get you started.

I gots lots of freebies~

:D

This is definitely something I would suggest at least trying. Listening to us talk about a server group on the forums isn't going to be fully representative of what our individual communities are like.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 28, 2017
    Seems like least populated/active server is Ruairi now :p
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 29, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Seems like least populated/active server is Ruairi now :p

We were the oldest most active server. A lot of us have grown up and have lives now. I.e families, school, JOBS. We are the most active when we get home from those obligations. Which means usually in the evening spanning till past midnight.

@Fruitcakke I don't know how old you are or what your schedule is like. But more than likely we can be the most beneficial to you. We run raids constantly, shadow missions, hardmode and abyss dungeons. Always striving to get those rare drops so we can get better equips to improve us even more. That's what our server capitalizes on. Our fashionogi community has to be the smallest out of all the servers, and for a good reason!

You want content and productivity, we have it. We might not be the biggest server, but if you want dedicated players on at night owl hours...we are your server.