Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Good bye to Houses, hello to Shops!

ErikaErika
Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
in General Chat
So... Today's update brought upon an interesting change... The Residential Areas are now "Marketplaces". Houses are now "Shops". Didn't see this announced anywhere. But yeah, it's a thing.

I mean, I GUESS it kinda makes sense, since that's really how houses have been used as... but they sure don't LOOK like shops. They look like residential houses.

Comments

• SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Wait so we can't get housing tickets anymore? Currently removing bugs from my farm so can't check. U(⁎˃ᆺ˂)U
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Syaohart wrote: »
    Wait so we can't get housing tickets anymore? Currently removing bugs from my farm so can't check. U(⁎˃ᆺ˂)U

They're no longer "Housing Flyers". They're now "Shop Placards".

Feature-wise, nothing has changed. Just that all text relating to the housing system seems to have been changed.
    SyaohartJazmyn
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Erika wrote: »
    Syaohart wrote: »

They're no longer "Housing Flyers". They're now "Shop Placards".

Feature-wise, nothing has changed. Just that all text relating to the housing system seems to have been changed.

All is still somewhat tolerable with the world then. Thankies.  ̄(=✪ㅅ✪=) ̄
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Do they still look like houses or have they changed their look?

Wait, aren't personal shops in major towns already marketplaces? lol
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I mean, am I still allowed to enter the houses without crashing?

Am I being compensated for the lost VIP days I couldn't access th ehouse?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The NPCs still refer to the place as Housing, and the Minimaps still say Residential District as well.

I'm guessing they aren't fully done replacing the descriptions and text.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The NPCs still refer to the place as Housing, and the Minimaps still say Residential District as well.

I bet they won't
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I bet they won't

yeah this sounds like a localization quickfix by our local team.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    So when it comes the day when House channel gets removed, what will happen with the dungeons?
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Alshian wrote: »
    So when it comes the day when House channel gets removed, what will happen with the dungeons?

this has been my biggest concern when i heard of it.
    some monsters can only be found in these dungeons, wich are neded for a few things such as transformation mastery.
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    edited August 24, 2018
    Kiruah wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »

this has been my biggest concern when i heard of it.
    some monsters can only be found in these dungeons, wich are neded for a few things such as transformation mastery.

tbh they can just move the dungeons to another dungeon.
    i.e dropping the castle dungeon pass in ciar will take you to the dungeon.

also emain / tara castle exists, they can just drop in a basement somewhere in there for the dungeon altar.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    it'd be funny to just combine them into a mall with a food court....lol
    Kensamaofmari
    ookie wrote: »
    it'd be funny to just combine them into a mall with a food court....lol

Y'know in some parts of the world, malls/department stores are dungeons.
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Because they need to completely remove the maps and move the Dungeon to an existing Altar.
    It's not in the realm of possibility to just remove the Housing map and make the Dugald/Sen Mag/Cuilin Warps take you to the Castle Map on the current Channel you're on. :^)
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    castles will still exist and just be run automatically by the system instead of ran by guilds. no changes will be made for the dungeons except maybe the pass prices will be a static cost
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Silly question, but have any changes actually occurred yet other than the text changes?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Policroma wrote: »
    Silly question, but have any changes actually occurred yet other than the text changes?

Nope, but this is a good indication we're going to get that housing guild castle update soon.