Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

tradeable nx

kairisoadorikairisoadori
Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
in Feedback and Suggestions
a npc that allows you to trade nx for gold and sell nx for gold
[Deleted User]strawberrydreamspurpleyNerdyliciousTHICCthighssavelives

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Nooo the economy is already dead as is.
    GretaAsuriel
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nope lol.
    Asuriel
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Not feasible without a great deal of restrictions. There is a reason why it is not possible. Trying to attach something with real world value to the price of an in-game currency that is farmed so that transactions can happen is a risky business.
    Asuriel
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    I would say I abused the system back in the day by selling all my stuff for nx and using it in another game to buy nx in that game. I knew people hacked it but did not they duplicated stuff
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I'd love it because of how some of the most ridiculous restrictions could be amended that way, but I have my doubts that it would ever feasibly be implementable. I'd rather not be hacked through some weird backdoor they forgot to close and then get a bunch of gachas with crap in it on a new character as a consolation prize.
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    edited August 18, 2018
    if your having server security issues like ive said before maybe you guys should look into googles servers there actually easy to manage and give you lots of tools in user security hell you could even use it as a port via only a login hub it's in my opinion one of the most ingenious ideas companies have been working with and or windows security tool as once setup we dont need to mess with it again if you think it wont happen in our lifetime it already has with bitcoin and companies like good promising the world they will never be hacked again and have kept it up for over 30 years now basically so honestly how is this a excuse for lack of innovation the game should have nx trading and has no reason for it
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    nope
    Asuriel
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    A few games do allow trading of their in-game cash currency. EVE Online allows trading of PLEX (worth 1 month of subscription fee). Achaea, a multi-user dungeon, allows trading of "credits" that are used to advance skills and buy cash shop artifacts items.
  • GretaGreta
    Ugh, that necro-bump.

It's a no.
    SherriAeolysAsuriel
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited August 19, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Ugh, that necro-bump.

It's a no.

It's allowed in Feedback and Suggestions and much better than a repeat topic from the same person.
  • SlugFillerSlugFiller
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    I clicked this thinking it was suggesting a way to streamline NX-gold trades between players. Which would be hard to convince, but ultimately good for the game and community. But since it's suggesting an NPC, I gotta file this under "not gonna happen". NX is Nexon's source of revenue. They're not going to give it away for grind. Occasionally giving access to NX-only items (via events) is already costing them revenue. While I could see buying gold with NX (Although that'd be mostly useless, since most of the pay2win stuff is already bought with NX, and gold is too easy to get), I absolutely can't imagine it going in the other direction.
    BronzebreakAsuriel
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It all sounds worse than Bitcoin to me.
    SunfallSkyAsuriel
    edited August 23, 2018
    well she said it was impossible all i was doing was making a point as you can have security and a open client you guys dont like trading nx but your fine with dying servers nice well good luck ending up like flyff when kurtpelz and or peria chronicles get here o and fyi i ment tarlach as the dying server give it to the end of this event and they bring out another one of there over spam a thons so everyone moves to other games even Alexina is seeing a decline from the past 10 years starting to hit hard recently
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    you guys dont like trading nx but your fine with dying servers
    this is true. desperate times call for desperate measures.
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 23, 2018
    you guys dont like trading nx but your fine with dying servers

I think servers will die quicker if NX becomes tradeable. It's against ToS anyway, so it will never happen. Good luck on suggesting this though.
    Asuriel
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Not feasible without a great deal of restrictions. There is a reason why it is not possible. Trying to attach something with real world value to the price of an in-game currency that is farmed so that transactions can happen is a risky business.

Works just fine for Runescape, Arche Age and even World of Warcraft. I feel Mabinogi is behind on this tradeable Currency and should make it possible

the player base should work out the cost of gold - nx ratio tho and it should fluctuate like all other games

1 week it could be 500 gold next month 20b
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's still extremely risky though.
    You also have to understand the differences between the economies of Runescape, Archeage and Warcraft.
    While I haven't played Runescape or Warcraft, I have played Archeage and from my experience, the economy wasn't based on hyperinflation and stimulus of free trade. But that was like 4 yrs ago. Idk how it is today. Money is too easily generated and too much generated in Mabi and I feel that currently, a NX exchange system will be rigged by those who have a load of gold stashed up.

There will need to be a lot of rules and restrictions for such a system and I feel that most people won't be happy with that since we're all used to an open a free trade economy in game.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    It's still extremely risky though.
    You also have to understand the differences between the economies of Runescape, Archeage and Warcraft.
    While I haven't played Runescape or Warcraft, I have played Archeage and from my experience, the economy wasn't based on hyperinflation and stimulus of free trade. But that was like 4 yrs ago. Idk how it is today. Money is too easily generated and too much generated in Mabi and I feel that currently, a NX exchange system will be rigged by those who have a load of gold stashed up.

There will need to be a lot of rules and restrictions for such a system and I feel that most people won't be happy with that since we're all used to an open a free trade economy in game.

when it 1st came to runescape it was about 12m per 1 apex

its now around 6-8m depending on the day of the month

arche age ranged from 800gold-3k gold per apex depending on how much gold the average player had at the time

never played WoW but i know they can trade cash shop currency with ingame currency and even use that currency to buy games like overwatch

mabinogi should follow and make a tradeable cash shop currency
    edited August 28, 2018
    so you say but it isnt like nexon will lose anything making nx tradable for some items as ive already proven they can make changes to stop players from hacking there systems nexon is just being lazy but and why will it hurt nexon giving them more money to bring out quests events and content at least every 3 months vs at times once a year g11-12 and and or 20 and 21 years almost over and i highly doubt where getting another gen but with a gen once a year isnt hurting the economy more? when you can go play things like tera blade and soul and or final fantasy xiv/xi with times more content then mabinogi and quality yearly updates and a larger community with servers not basically dying
    edited August 28, 2018
    also my runescape defense players are bond only users with less then 1 hour of work to buy a bond so listening to your argument only brings more questions as where are you getting these facts as there completely wrong runescape is also has a few large gold sink and lots of other things to make the game more interesting with updates every week and one of the largest mmo player bases of all the f2p mmorpg Neverwinter another one being another large community who brings all these same ideas as a trade house where you can trade gold for premium still one of the largest community then you look at mabinogi as many players as dragonfable or adventure quest 3d makes me wonder as they never say how they are really doing financially if there even floating