Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rainbow Event

ookieookie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
edited September 1, 2018 in General Chat
NOT triple AP....it's DOUBLE AP....just rebirthed for event ...snagged some nails for the duder at Port Cobb ....when up 4 levels, and got 8 AP instead of 12

UPDATE:

it's an in game error of the green text.....green text will show a double, but you will actually be awarded triple....this can be verified under the Character Info showing your total AP both before, and then after you complete a quest....we ARE getting TRIPLE

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 1, 2018
    I'm actually confused too. Got a level up and only saw getting +2 AP.

Waits for people complaining and demanding for a compensation.
  • ookieookie
    double is still cool, but a bit of a let down after being stoked over the promise of a triple
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Is it just a display error?

Like seeing the green text around your character saying +2, but your character window actually shows you've gained 3 AP?
    ookie
  • ookieookie
    YUP....it's a green text error....just rebirthed my giant....plucked 50 base herbs on a Daily....checked current AP before completing quest....the green text says 18 AP, but according to the math i got 27 AP.....thanks Iyasenu for the suggestion on looking for the text error....that's what it was :)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh i see. That's so inconvenient and confusing. xD
  • ookieookie
    edited September 1, 2018
    i updated my initial post about the error
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    As far as the green text goes, you'll receive the bonus AP first (+2 AP x Levels Gained) and then you'll receive the standard +1 AP from leveling up (+1 AP x Levels Gained... you get the idea). It's a bit awkward but not exactly a display error.
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, it's a little weird whenever we get the AP events. For some reason, it appears as a split amount as IAAW said, and if you level up a lot in one go (Homestead Dragon Quest, yay) you'll miss the AP labels entirely. XD

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 4, 2018
    You get 3 ap per level up. They added +1 ap to the double ap event. You will see it as +2 with +1 equaling 3.

Thank you for this event NA (and for the mojitos too), I know you are prepping us for a big update soon which requires a lot of ap. I advise everyone to save the ap gained recently. You're going to need it! ^_^
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Gaea wrote: »
    You get 3 ap per level up. They added +1 ap to the double ap event. You will see it as +2 with +1 equaling 3.

Thank you for this event NA (and for the mojitos too), I know you are prepping us for a big update soon which requires a lot of ap. I advise everyone to save the ap gained recently. You're going to need it! ^_^

Who needs advice when you can come complain on the forums that the generation quests are too hard. I can't wait to see the riot involved with getting the tarot cards in g22.
    Veylaine
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Who needs advice when you can come complain on the forums that the generation quests are too hard. I can't wait to see the riot involved with getting the tarot cards in g22.

I got the popcorn ready to be popped!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

You got some funnel cake as well?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Evil! But sure, why not.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Evil! But sure, why not.

I'm weak for all generation storylines. It's why I've been on Courcle's Heart for the past 5 years. That and laziness. I have lazily stashed up AP using them once in a while for some skills. But I feel that a little under 5k AP is now nearly enough for everything we have.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited September 5, 2018

Life Skill Update? =D

Or is it that one with the blonde girl NPC with the angelic pet version of herself? Or is it the same update?
    Jazmyn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    You know, one of the prereqs for a tarot card (I actually think it's the op passive defence one) is solo alban advanced. With the amount of people stuck on dopple fight in g21, this will actually be impossible for them.
    Imaizumi
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    You know, one of the prereqs for a tarot card (I actually think it's the op passive defence one) is solo alban advanced. With the amount of people stuck on dopple fight in g21, this will actually be impossible for them.

I'm interpreting this as, "I can solo Alban Advanced but it will be a major slog to get through.".