Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Easiest path for first timer ?

Drakeos99Drakeos99
in Help
So wondering what would be best path for easy gameplay to end game and yet able to gear easy ?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You'll get a million answers. The most general thing I'd recommend is, that you visit Duncan often to lower your skills.

Now let me translate what I just said. Duncan is the Mayor of Tir Chonail. When you raise skills you have to spend AP to do so. As your skills go up so will your stats as they go up so goes up your combat power. This is a measure of how "strong" you are. When you first started playing perhaps you noticed that wolves in Tir Chonail were rated as "Boss" but now aren't? Some skills require you to kill monsters of specific ratings. But these rating are relative to YOU at the time. So as you get stronger such conditions are hard to meet. If you go to duncan he lowers all your skills to F. This has two effects:
    1) You get your AP back, so this is a means to borrow AP from your self. The skills you lower can be put right back up by applying AP; you don't have to retrain.
    2) You lower your combat power, so maybe those wolves are boss again say; you get the idea.
    When you lower a skill any partial progress, made at whatever level it was at when you lowered it, is lost. When you master a skill you have to complete all tasks for that skill at rank 1 and then you get a title. When you lower the skill the title grays out. When you raise it back up to rank 1 the title does become available again. The only "loss" is aesthetic, where you lose the nice window upon opening the skill window that more or less says congratulations. To get that back you do have to redo all the tasks. I haven't danned anything yet so I don't know what happens there.

As for my voice in a million. I'd say get whatever combat skills you can do bare handed: close combat and magic bolts; even at rank F you can do a lot with them, as long as your learn some useful combat combos. Then do Construct Alchemy as it has a lot of very useful attack skills particularly useful to weak players and must have skills for crafting players. After that do Bard as Harvest Song is very useful for crafting players and Lullaby makes almost any dungeon trivial even for weak players. With those two under your belt, whatever. If you are on Alexina say hi and I can teach you those combos; there aren't many 9-foot tall Helsa's running around.
    SebastianLeinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited September 4, 2018
    ^ What Helsa said since a lot of skills are Combat Power heavy and that determines your standing/rank against monsters. You see that when you hold Alt.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The recommended path for any first-timer is to get close combat. There are several reasons for this.

First, as the most basic combat talent you are given plenty of strength, skills, and defenses as you rank skills in this talent. This gives you room to make mistakes and take damage and greatly increases your survival. The talent also offers very useful skills that is pretty much universal to all weapon types so you can use them in a bind or synergy with other skills. Skills like defense, counter attack, and wind mill are skills that you will extensively no matter what talent you decide to main later.

Secondly, most of the enemies faced use close combat and close combat skills. By learning this talent you will build up and insight on AI behaviors, and know how to counter or assault an enemy mob. This also gives you insight on what skills to use, and in turn, what defenses you can put up when facing enemies wielding other skills.

Third, strength by far is the most used stat for the talents seeing use in close combat, lance, puppetry, ninja, and gunner. Close combat provides a staggering amount of stat points for strength so that if you decide to enter any of these talents, you will have a strong strength base provided by close combat.

In summary, close combat is most ideal for a first-timer because it vastly increases a beginner's survival rates by providing a bigger HP pool and high defenses, it teaches you how the combat works and how the AI could use these skills, and with it as a base, it acts as an investment for future talents that you could pursue. People that start with other talents are usually proficient and understand the game already, those that don't will find their stats frustratingly low and they can barely accomplish anything.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Easiest path is to throw money.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Pan wrote: »

That's an expensive skill.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

smhlol.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

00Dnl-e5c567b8-2d22-47e6-88a2-7b1ec20e8ba0.jpg
    KensamaofmariAlexisEUPanMusicat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Jazmyn wrote: »

I don't think that's what Pan was referring to. When they said throw money at it, I think they meant real money.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited September 4, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

I don't think that's what Pan was referring to. When they said throw money at it, I think they meant real money.

I know, I was just being a smart aleck for fun. It went well with "skill". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I know, I was just being a smart aleck for fun. It went well with "skill". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I think the player needs to know the road will be long without some investment.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    If you want easy, chain blades are absurdly strong, fast and very safe. Ranking associated skills will increase the relatively rare Luck stat which increases your chain blade damage and your chance of getting lucky finishes (lottsa munny) and lucky gathers (extra stuff is always welcomed). When I moved to the Alexinia server and started over, chain blades are just absurdly good and I catapulted through most content, even without the abilities locked behind very hard quests. Warning: side effects may include delusional thoughts of great strength and rage by getting absolutely murdered by harder content that may cause one to be demotivate.

Mix and match. You should still look at all other classes and their skills. Getting rank 1 Firebolt (along with magic weapon mastery and bolt mastery) is also considered easy-mode with an upgraded chaincasting firewand. Combat Mastery for HP and extra damage (I think it contributes to chain blade damage since it is considered a melee attack). If you live in California, using bows could be very overpowered by the power of low latency. If you are an elf, getting Hydra Transmutation can cheese much content with patience and against anything that doesn't instant-aggro. If you are playing as a human, getting Final Hit is also stupidly-easy-mode as long you are using fast weapons.

As for armor, armor is mostly aesthetic since they all have the same stats. If you want to armor up, stick with any light armor if you use archery, puppetry or chainblades since heavy armor heavily decreases Dex.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited September 4, 2018

And I think the player needs to know the road will be long without some investment.

I don't disagree that the easiest way is to spend real money, and a lot of it. I just thought, what other game do we have that we literally throw money at things as an attack? Thought it was amusing and fit with Kensamaofmari's response to Pan, is all, and thought it could be intriguing to a new player with a little mystery and maybe encourage curiosity into our fantasy world.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Can't go wrong with close combat, gives a ton of HP. Do the tutorial quests for the free eagle and horse pets. Do the Advent of Goddess storyline for free armor. Have fun.
    JazmynMusicat
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Sorry, I was trying to be funny both ways. :D
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320

Thought just the same on seeing "throw money".