Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weekly Loc Discussion: Mabinogi Seasons!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited September 19, 2018 in Weekly Loc Discussion Archive
Howdy, folks! You may have noticed our radio silence last week, but rest assured, we have not forgotten about you! In fact, we've been hard at work getting a ton of amazing new content ready for you that will (hopefully!) keep you enchanted and entertained during your days in Erinn.

September is halfway over, and the displays in stores everywhere are beginning to put out their pumpkins, ghosts, and plastic spiders for Halloween (they seem to show up earlier every year...), which got us to wondering... In the time you've been playing Mabinogi, what has been your favorite seasonal event? What made that event memorable? Was it a great reward? Fun characters and dialogue? Really involved quests that kept you busy? With such a long history, there are plenty of Mabi memories to draw on, so let us know!

- The Mabinogi Localization Team
JazmynIyasenu

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited September 19, 2018
    Does the Fairy Village Event we had last year count as seasonal? That was by far my favorite!

I liked that you could do it on all of your characters. It gave me something to grind without it being related to CP and it wasn't AFK. Plus, the fairy's popping out are cute. >w<
    IyasenuTHICCthighssavelivesKensamaofmariSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    FOREVER ago there was an event where Santas with multiple different colored outfits were in the towns of Erinn, each one asking for help.

This was way back when, so I don't have very many pictures of the event, but I remember one thing.

Now, this was WAY before Style tab, but this event was very unique for its time, as whenever your character was helping out one of the Santas, your clothing would be altered to show your character wearing a Santa's helper outfit of the same color.

f6e166ac5b.png

Here's my character back in 2008 helping Bangor's Santa, showing me having the appearance of his Yellow outfit.

Now I'm sure it's nostalgia goggles wishing this would be brought back, as I don't remember the rewards being good, even by standards back in the day, but the event had charm.
    I'm not even sure if the event would work nowadays, as I'm sure back in the day it probably used some prototype of the style tab, and it'd probably conflict with that nowadays, but I remember this event whenever I think of holiday-themed Mabi events.
    JazmynTHICCthighssavelivesKensamaofmariSphyra21Sherri
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    I think my most favorite seasonal event (if you can call it that) was Samhain; it was like playing through a Generation, complete with a questline, characters and an overarching plot. It's something that I've actually wanted to play through another time even though I've played through it before, although that's a suggestion for a different thread.
    THICCthighssavelivesSphyra21JazmynKerowyn
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited September 20, 2018
    I have alot of good memories about mabi.

I started playing during October/November 2010, so I was in time for the Xmas or Winter events involving the Physis Ski event.

The events I loved more than anything were the aniversary and April Fools events because of how funny they were.
    KSoNBjH.jpg April 1st 2011

The summer Beach parties were awesome too.
    yJJQ3IB.jpg

IyasenuTHICCthighssavelivesKensamaofmariSherriJazmynKerowyn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited September 20, 2018
    Stores where I live put christmas stuff out in August... =_= it's disgusting

When it comes to seasonal events in mabinogi, I liked doki doki for valentines because that place was just super pretty overall and had lots of things to do and was very fitting for the holiday. I liked when the beach got covered in ghost ships for samhain but that was purely aesthetic. the belisha mansion was pretty neat too, but there wasn't that much to it, and no one liked waiting in that room at the end. NO ONE!

Rewards-wise one of my favorites was christmas math because you could slap around the humbuggers for gold and get some pretty nice homestead items. I also liked the halloween event with the farmer and pumpkin boxes because he gave really good stuff even though I never got the drawstring pouch.

Story-wise, Samhain is the best, Still hoping for a sequel/continuation
    Jazmyn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I usually do Spring thru Autumn events, but Doki Doki stood out because it was relaxing.
    I feel that there's more activity for autumn events because they require one to be active, such as Belisha events.
    Summer events are less challenging in my opinion, maybe because most people get burned out by heat waves.
    For the few winter ones I've done, skiing events and snowman fight were pretty fun.
    Jazmyn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Katherz wrote: »
    Howdy, folks! You may have noticed our radio silence last week, but rest assured, we have not forgotten about you! In fact, we've been hard at work getting a ton of amazing new content ready for you that will (hopefully!) keep you enchanted and entertained during your days in Erinn.

- The Mabinogi Localization Team

You mean, like Life Skills update and updates to issues we've still had forever and an age ago?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Definitely the Halloween updates, I've loved the Halloween Labyrinth and the Little Ghost ones the most. I also loved Doki Doki island a lot too.
    I really want to see Christmas Math again though too because I never participated in it before so I'm curious about it.
    Jazmyn