Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ever had this experience?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
You go on a run with a human you just met. They whip out their duel beam swords and use Final Hit as soon as it's completed its' cool down. They hog all the kills. And even though you've been Lullabying everything, never died, and you had to feather them several times they still manage to criticize you for "not doing your part" in between bragging about how awesome they are. Has that ever happened to you?

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Yeah I hate final hit. Delete final hit.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited November 13, 2018
    im a human and i dual wield beams and do final hit and sort of take all the kills sometimes
    and sometimes also end up taking a lot of kills even if not using final hit
    but i dont criticize anyone that they're not helping or anything (unless someone is obviously leaching)
    I get criticized for taking all kills so during shadow missions i always try to take a separate room and kill as much to contribute
    and minimize unintentionally stealing of kills cause i cant control which enemy i lock on next during final hit
    im spamming "move targeting" which is "TAB" in default and i changed it to "Space" making it easier to change target
    this way I could move from one enemy to another during final hit and i dont have control over it
    its also useful when trying to dodge enemies that would try to attack back
    the downside of it would be that i end up with too much aggro on me and also get damaged more
    and to make use of this disadvantage i would intentionally try to take aggro from other members of my party
    to allow them to recover from stun or prepare their attack tho sometimes i end up killing the enemy especially if i do a critical hit

some people seem to hate me for it, tho im only trying to be useful
    im laggy so i try and contribute as much as i can

Im in Alexina and I haven't done any runs with a party recently
    if ur in Alexina and this experience is from weeks or months ago
    and u think its me im sorry

and as a user of final hit I apologize
    but to us we are only making use of our skills to the fullest
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

why do u hate the best skill to have (cause u dont have it?)
    then u should've asked to let everyone get final hit
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    personally i don't see any problem with humans fh'ing everything, you just split off and try to pick off monsters else where. i personally haven't actually encountered anyone like this but i've only played 10 months so i wouldn't consider that to long.
    GretaJazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

Almost the same reason as Helsa. I enjoy killing things.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

Almost the same reason as Helsa. I enjoy killing things.

well if that's what u wanted there's a lot of other skills to choose from that would let u kill a lot sometimes even more than hat a final hit can
    final hit has a long cool down u can always utilize that

almost all combat talents have their own AOE skills

now if u cant figure that out the problem is not with the game or to what skills are only exclusive to a certain race its with u
    mostly everyone wants to do alot of kills and what ur doing is simply complaining cause u cant keep up
    im slow and laggy but im trying my best to keep up with others as much as i can
    now if u cant keep up with others and basically not doing enough and complain on the capabilities of others
    ur basically insulting my efforts and all the efforts of others that try to adapt to their own short comings
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Just don't do stuff with hoomans, they get sorta bad later game anyways Or avoid playing with dumb players who like to talk down to you.

Elves and giants do the part better than them, lets see them brag when they are not needed. :3

Tho they make good meat shields and water bois but even with that they take up space which could be filled with more elves and giants.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I honestly just run off to a separate room to do my business, but then again I don't FH normal rooms (I reserve FH as an anti-boss skill). Though if another person FH'd and died, I would've just left them there, finish the room, then res them. If they want to Leeroy Jenkins their way, then they need to pay the consequences when they smash face first into a brick wall.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 14, 2018
    Um.... yea... don't hate FH, hate the player. If I do dungeons or sms with people I'm not a jerk with FH, I do this thing called sharing; most of us learned how to do that before we became school age. If I do use it, its because I asked and got it okayed first. I've experienced more people chain sweep clear rooms or monsters instead of FHing everything, if were going to tall about "specific skills and not sharing"... I think its time you make new friends.

So much salt over humans having FH in this thread is ridiculous. Like wow.... Ya'll have just as much of an option as anyone else to have a human with FH.
    WolfandWolfAeolysTwelie
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    as an elf who really doesn't care, i dont care when the humans i run with final hit, though a lot of the time it means i don't have to do anything, that's why i personally spit off most of the time my self, We timed a 4 rooms each in a shadow wizard elite and i did it faster by a room so its not like final hit is stupidly strong, an elf with high int can mage there way thru it things just as fast. I think it is the people your running with that make you that way.
    GretaJazmynWolfandWolfAeolysTwelie
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    As a human who doesn't have final hit, elves and giants have an advantage over me because just having faster speed alone allows them to get into combat quicker and get kills quicker.

And no, final hit should not be distributed to all races, but I think it should be altered to balance out the power of the playing field.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Stop hitting on final hit. I'm sorry that player was being an asshat to you.

There other skills out there that can clear rooms in seconds. Because of people who complain about final hit too much they are going to eventually nerf it here. That will be the day I stop playing and Mabinogi becomes an over-glorified chat engine. Thanks devcat, you ruined my play style of switching from final hit to way of the guns.

NA this is one update I actually do NOT want. You will lose even more players.
    JazmynGretaLeinei
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 14, 2018
    Take pity on the poor one trick human. Final hit? More like their only hit!
    JazmynXiokunBronzebreak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

If you can't Smash it, you're not fighting correctly xD
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Gaea wrote: »

There other skills out there that can clear rooms in seconds. Because of people who complain about final hit too much they are going to eventually nerf it here. That will be the day I stop playing and Mabinogi becomes an over-glorified chat engine. Thanks devcat, you ruined my play style of switching from final hit to way of the guns.

...eh? They don't actually intend to nerf FH...right?
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited November 14, 2018
    That sort of thing has never happened to me, but wow... People who play this game never cease to surprise me. Sorry to hear that somebody treated you that way, Helsa. Hopefully anyone else who posts on this thread will see that it's not a Final Hit hate thread, and instead sympathize.

I will admit that for a long time, I didn't like it when humans spammed Final Hit just to clear dungeon rooms quickly, but I've come to realize that Final Hit is really the only thing they have left that makes them worth playing. (Although I think they're decent enough with chains too, aren't they?)

I've since stopped caring that they spam Final Hit because I now understand why they do it. That said, whoever that player was doesn't really have the right to act like they were so high and mighty... They especially won't be able to when that new Giant Update comes around.

Also, come on, Final Hitting with beams? And they thought they were all that? Smh...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

If you can't Smash it, you're not fighting loving correctly xD

Fixed that for you ;)
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 14, 2018
    KingEphy wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

...eh? They don't actually intend to nerf FH...right?

Actually according to a thread somewhere around here and confirmation in the discord (multiple times), they mean to severely hamper or limit it. (Something about the after the 6th hit makes it useless). I guess they want to encourage other forms of combat within the game instead of just final hitting everything. I get it, but...a lot of us are just comfortable with our play styles and not to mention the gear we are heavily invested into (with irl CASH).

This is definitely not FUD, this is something that we as community need to voice our opinions and concerns about before we get that patch. There was already an uproar over in KR concerning this matter, and there will be an uproar over here. But maybe we can change that BEFORE it happens to US.

We have a significantly smaller community than KR has, we are also very DIFFERENT from KR. Something like this could be the nail in the coffin. This definitely needs to be considered carefully by our NA staff who also love Mabinogi irl.

Korean MMO's are failing over here. There is a multitude of reasons why, mostly financial. They need to understand that the western world is not going to receive things as well as they do out there. We are much more conservative, we play and spend much differently on games here. I think KR companies are starting to realize that and that's why their games fail here and they also don't want to conduct as much business out here as they use to.

In fact I am really worried about the campfire event that we're supposed to have. I'm worried that not enough of us are going to attend to impress them. It's basically a irl attendance event to gauge the popularity of the game.

:(
  • TotokeTotoke
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    edited November 14, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »
    You go on a run with a human you just met. They whip out their duel beam swords and use Final Hit as soon as it's completed its' cool down. They hog all the kills. And even though you've been Lullabying everything, never died, and you had to feather them several times they still manage to criticize you for "not doing your part" in between bragging about how awesome they are. Has that ever happened to you?

Has happened a lot to me over the years. It's why I make sure to not run things with those types more than once.