Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bug Collecting Event

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
in General Chat
Hey, peeps, apparently with the Bug Collecting Event, you're stuck with the character you used last time. I went up to Bug Collecting Joe (he's in Dunbarton) and he said 'You're already helping me with another character!'. Fortunately, pie pieces are able to be put in the bank, so they should be tradeable between characters (that are on the same account, not sure about between friends).

@Katherz

Comments

• KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Hi, we are having an unscheduled maintenance right now to address the issue
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    tr4dxng.png
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    You could say that the Bug Catching Event bugged out.
  • SakajeweahSakajeweah
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    With not having the bug collecting event how are we suppose to be able to collect enough pie to buy all the items? This upsets me. Come on Nexon... cut us a break and just give the outfit as a gift for Thanksgiving hot time log in. I know you are very "thankful" for your long time players like me playing since '09 right?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Sakajeweah wrote: »
    With not having the bug collecting event how are we suppose to be able to collect enough pie to buy all the items? This upsets me. Come on Nexon... cut us a break and just give the outfit as a gift for Thanksgiving hot time log in. I know you are very "thankful" for your long time players like me playing since '09 right?

Well, they know it's an issue, so all they can do is request a fix from Korea. They'll figure something out regarding the event.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Korea doesn't have Thanksgiving, so I'm sure it'll be resolved quickly. A week, tops.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited November 22, 2018
    Korea doesn't have Thanksgiving, so I'm sure it'll be resolved quickly. A week, tops.

Yeah, I figured. Problem is, the guys at Nexon NA probably won't be back until Monday. XD
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I can't even find Joe, so I can't even attempt a start.
  • LeineiLeinei
    TNinja wrote: »
    I can't even find Joe, so I can't even attempt a start.

They postponed the event. He's not in the game right now. If he was, he'd be next to one of the lampposts in front of the Admin Office in Dunbarton.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited November 26, 2018
    a 5-hour afk bug event. :/ at least it's not a fishing event so we can do stuff while we wait.

edit* i like the theme and content of the event itself though. Nets and bug-catching would be a great permanent addition to adventurer/cooking.
    Jazmynstarkiller1286
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edit* i like the theme and content of the event itself though. Nets and bug-catching would be a great permanent addition to adventurer/cooking.

Yesss!!

On another note, it doesn't say on the book what type of what bug we need to collect..... anyone have any ideas? Also, does anyone know if the 7 quest really are "daily"?
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited November 26, 2018
    Do you need the bug net? I was given the book and log.
    Edit: nevermind
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    On another note, it doesn't say on the book what type of what bug we need to collect..... anyone have any ideas? Also, does anyone know if the 7 quest really are "daily"?

the quests are definitely daily but they don't 'reset' unless you complete them. I.E. if one of them is incomplete you can continue working on it until it's done.
    JazmynTHICCthighssavelivespawcalypse
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Ktty wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »

the quests are definitely daily but they don't 'reset' unless you complete them. I.E. if one of them is incomplete you can continue working on it until it's done.

Cool, thanks.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    So this insect collecting thing is the same as it was when it was part of the Wishbone event.

Does anyone remember the most efficient way to go about completing the daily quests?
    Since each one takes a different rare bug, and such bugs can only be found on certain days or by trading 5 of the same common bug for it, what would that mean is the best way to finagle your limited amount of bug catches into the most quest completions, so you can earn more pie slices and golden experience fruit?

If you get a day's rare bug should you just save the rest of your Wood Chips for the next day, or something?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 27, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    So this insect collecting thing is the same as it was when it was part of the Wishbone event.

Does anyone remember the most efficient way to go about completing the daily quests?
    Since each one takes a different rare bug, and such bugs can only be found on certain days or by trading 5 of the same common bug for it, what would that mean is the best way to finagle your limited amount of bug catches into the most quest completions, so you can earn more pie slices and golden experience fruit?

If you get a day's rare bug should you just save the rest of your Wood Chips for the next day, or something?

Don't waste your bugs on the book (unless you do want the bug catching gesture), trade in bugs for bugs you need for each quest. I had a head start because I saved all my leftover bugs from last time. hue hue hue. :)

I'm not sure if the wood chips reset...so I would just use them all everyday because the bugs stay.

Thank you NA for giving us more pies for more ap potions, and the NON-EXPIRING 500% exp fruits. 300%'s are gonna crash! LOLOLOLOLOL. =P
  • SheraleSherale
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,005
    I can't seem to exchange bugs to him? Every time I try he just says something like "You know if you give me 5 you'll only get 1!" and only gives me the option to cancel but not to trade.

Plus this seems like a silly event. You can't complete each quest daily, and I'm now basically sitting on useless bugs.
    And what I mean is I completed the Flutter Grace quest on 11/26. I got it again on 11/27. Currently, I have two of the three bugs required for that quest in my inventory, but it doesn't recognize them because I got them on the 26th. So those extra bugs I have are useless now, right?

Please help I've never done this event before T^T
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Gaea wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Don't waste your bugs on the book (unless you do want the bug catching gesture), trade in bugs for bugs you need for each quest. I had a head start because I saved all my leftover bugs from last time. hue hue hue. :)

I'm not sure if the wood chips reset...so I would just use them all everyday because the bugs stay.

Thank you NA for giving us more pies for more ap potions, and the NON-EXPIRING 500% exp fruits. 300%'s are gonna crash! LOLOLOLOLOL. =P

Well!
    I didn't even consider that Wood Chips would be reset every day, but luckily they aren't!
    So the ones I saved from yesterday I could use to get today's rare bug. ezpz
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Isn't the daily quests actually weekly? Since you can't catch the rare bugs unless it's a certain day, and I can't seem to trade a rare bug for another rare bug.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Isn't the daily quests actually weekly? Since you can't catch the rare bugs unless it's a certain day, and I can't seem to trade a rare bug for another rare bug.

You trade 5 of the same common bug for a rare bug.
    Can trade 1 rare bug for a common bug.

So with some clever bug trading you can probably complete off-day quests on another bug's day.
    Definitely won't be able to complete every daily quest every single day, though.
    Just do the best you can with the limited resources.