Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[G22] Lower the Cumu Requrements

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
in Feedback and Suggestions
Why do we need to be Cumulative Level 5000 in order to play the next generation and unlock the new features? Aint that a bit too harsh even if we have the memoir to help and the previous event i still think that 5000 is just to much to ask for.

If you really have to have a cumu-limit to lock the new Generation quest for the players then why not keep it around 2000~2500 instead so that more people than veterans that have worked real hard over the years can play as well.

Me? Casual player, been around since the beta but i have only reached the late 2900 levels on one of my old alts that i gave up on after realizing that he was an allrounder and that his cumu levels made it too hard to play the game for me, i just couldnt beat the enemies and challenges that climbed in difficulty every time i rebirthed for the AP..

My Suggestion/Plea:

Lower the Cumulative Level Requirement for G22 please, i want to play in the new generation as well..

Comments

• GremmGremm
    edited January 10, 2019
    Special Reward boxes, Briogh Crystals, event-only rewards, Tech Duin, Technique Enchantment Equipment Coupons... There are a lot of things that im missing out on and i know for a fact that i wont be able to gain over 3000 levels before this event is over. :/
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The Memory Book event fast tracks you to lvl5000. Should really only take you a few days to get to it. Also I think the reason was because the gen's difficulty was quite high and players needed a strong base before going into it.
    TheNyanCatAlexLightLeineiSherriVeylaineZeo
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    No.
    LeineiGreta
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Poof request granted. Your attempt the first mission and it's literally impossible due to the lack of raw stats and maybe even lack of experience with the game in general. Just play the game and level up.
    AlexLightZeoLeineiBlissfulkillGretaSherriVeylaine
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Honestly, I think they should increase the level req. for other late story quests (like G19).
    SherriSollVeylaine
  • GremmGremm
    Forum cleaner! If youre there then delete my suggestion already, im clearly not welcome here anyomore..
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Each one of Blaanid's quests should yield you 24 million exp (6 million if you're over 5k). You could get 3k levels if you rebirth after each of her quests, which you will be able to do as she gives you a billion rebirth potions. =T
  • SeraphoenaSeraphoena
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I agree with the original poster about lowering the requirement, though, I would say get rid of it entirely. I'm under 1k, and have completed all Generations thus far and I can deal/take as much damage as a lot of 5k+ players.. I don't see the point in restricting it to a cumulative level - if it's too tough for some players, then let them level up to the point where they are able to do it. I'm fine with not being able to run the side dungeons, but restricting the main story? *down thumb*
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I got a character to lv5k in a single day, thanks to Blaanid's Memoir.
    Just use the blue rebirth potions given after every quest each time you complete a memoir quest, and you'll get there very quickly.

Unless you squander the opportunity by not rebirthing after every Memoir quest, then you'll either be 5k or very very near 5k after you finish book 2.
    LeineiElf_san
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Gremm wrote: »
    Forum cleaner! If youre there then delete my suggestion already, im clearly not welcome here anyomore..

Criticism is not "censorship", nor are words necessarily weapons. Disagreement doesn't preclude our tolerance of you. However much you are welcomed here is based not on mutual agreement, but our willingness to accept you in spite of our difference of opinions.

If someone is bullying you in private messages and such, PM a moderator. Otherwise, get used to the fact that people will disagree with you, and realize that disagreement is not us saying we don't welcome you, the individual. :/
    Leinei
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Seraphoena wrote: »
    I agree with the original poster about lowering the requirement, though, I would say get rid of it entirely. I'm under 1k, and have completed all Generations thus far and I can deal/take as much damage as a lot of 5k+ players.. I don't see the point in restricting it to a cumulative level - if it's too tough for some players, then let them level up to the point where they are able to do it. I'm fine with not being able to run the side dungeons, but restricting the main story? *down thumb*

What about the buttload of exp from the Blannid Memoirs?

That should EASILY push you to 5k+.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    While Memory book does aid you to 5000, it was easy for those who could participate during the event and get the 24 mil exp per quest.
    6 mil right now makes it not as easy to lvl up depending on where a player is at (if they missed the incentive through the past month).

Prereqs for storylines in Mabi have been few and not difficult. Suddenly throwing on an higher level restriction does seem puzzling.
    Some players feel more ready than others and shouldn't be restricted by level to start this generation.

If they were to do a prereq, they should've just gone with must complete these other generations as the prereq.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    While Memory book does aid you to 5000, it was easy for those who could participate during the event and get the 24 mil exp per quest.
    6 mil right now makes it not as easy to lvl up depending on where a player is at (if they missed the incentive through the past month).

Prereqs for storylines in Mabi have been few and not difficult. Suddenly throwing on an higher level restriction does seem puzzling.
    Some players feel more ready than others and shouldn't be restricted by level to start this generation.

If they were to do a prereq, they should've just gone with must complete these other generations as the prereq.

Actually, players under 5k total will still get 24M exp (the event was just for seals). As for the level requirement, though it might hinder a lower-level player, I believe it to be justified story-wise (so new players don't get it when they start, like G19, to avoid confusion); moreover, not only was the requirement known for a while, the Memory Book update was made specifically for players to quickly reach the 5k prerequisite.
    Leinei
    Draech wrote: »

Actually, players under 5k total will still get 24M exp (the event was just for seals). As for the level requirement, though it might hinder a lower-level player, I believe it to be justified story-wise (so new players don't get it when they start, like G19, to avoid confusion); moreover, not only was the requirement known for a while, the Memory Book update was made specifically for players to quickly reach the 5k prerequisite.

Well, if the 24 mil exp is still going on, then should defintely level up immediately to catch up. With all the rebirth pots given, should be able to do it fairly quickly.

Rather than have a level prereq, they should make it a complete upon completing previous generations instead. Because a player can reach 5k using the book and still be a newbie and can still be wiped unprepared.

Having 5k levels and a lot of AP to spend doesn't necessarily mean the player has gotten used to the combat.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Want the requirement gone? Good luck even trying to fight some of the enemies being low level <3
  • GremmGremm
    The higher the Cumu levels the higher the difficulty, thats how Mabinogi works you know?
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    If you simply want to skip level requirements to do content.... maybe... do the rest of actual content that came out before this one? You can do G2 after G1. The same should apply to every gen.

Or you'd find yourself having newbies start g19 when they wouldn't know any of the story beforehand.... oh wait.

G22's requirement is fine, and considering Memoir right now, it should be upped. If you clear each gen, by the time you get to g22, you should realistically be above 5k anyway.
    AlshianFaybalskpkion
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Soll wrote: »
    If you simply want to skip level requirements to do content.... maybe... do the rest of actual content that came out before this one? You can do G2 after G1. The same should apply to every gen.

Or you'd find yourself having newbies start g19 when they wouldn't know any of the story beforehand.... oh wait.

G22's requirement is fine, and considering Memoir right now, it should be upped. If you clear each gen, by the time you get to g22, you should realistically be above 5k anyway.

All so true If you skip the requirements and head straight to G22 you as a new player would never know anything of any event that took place before G22 to answer riddles or a way to even get to a place let alone fighting one enemy without a skill given by one of the Generation questline.

Pretty much you be a sheep in a wolve's den unknowing of your fate or anything around you. Just take your damn time to enjoy the content before this one else...you WILL be lost since the Game is big enough to enjoy if your quite the explorer or lore seeker. Of course by all means use the wiki to answer questions you should of known during the first Generation quests before G22.
    Alshian wrote: »
    Soll wrote: »

All so true If you skip the requirements and head straight to G22 you as a new player would never know anything of any event that took place before G22 to answer riddles or a way to even get to a place let alone fighting one enemy without a skill given by one of the Generation questline.

Pretty much you be a sheep in a wolve's den unknowing of your fate or anything around you. Just take your damn time to enjoy the content before this one else...you WILL be lost since the Game is big enough to enjoy if your quite the explorer or lore seeker. Of course by all means use the wiki to answer questions you should of known during the first Generation quests before G22.

Not just that, you can get to 5k levels and not develop any of the proper skills to fight.
    So it should not matter if someone was 1500 cumu or 6700 cumu, they can both die just as easily or be able to go through it just as easily.

There shouldn't be a level req in my opinion.
    FaybalSeraphoena
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Quite frankly, I find that the cumulative level requirement is pretty lenient. I would've like to see it force you to do the other pre-existing gens beforehand so you have an idea of the Mabi Lore. Not even that, but with Memoir, Getting to 5k took my elf character a good 3 days. Even then, My first attempt destroyed that character. My human, of 16k, still found this Gen slightly challenging. And even then, it's more about character build than level. As @Kensamaofmari stated, a 1.5k cumulative and a 6.7k cumulative could both easily die, depending on the character build. Just work up to the requirement.
    Kensamaofmari