Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Title Screen

stomei97stomei97
Mabinogi Rep: 875
in General Chat
The boy in the robe looks like a damsel in distress, and I don't know how to feel.

I have no idea who he is, as I have not done G22 yet. But boyo, do I kinda want to protect this child.
WolfandWolfWolfsinger

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    How about this rendition of the title theme. Doesnt it just want you to charge out of the trenches and into the field of battle?
  • stomei97stomei97
    How about this rendition of the title theme. Doesnt it just want you to charge out of the trenches and into the field of battle?

It really does! That's something I have loved with Mabi is that they change the title screen music to match the tone of the update
    WolfandWolf
  • stomei97stomei97
    So I have done the first quest. I still think Piran is a damsel in distress. I want to know more about the sassy looking elf as well. Also Piran being all "ah that name has a nice ring to it" and I'm sitting there like, how does this pleb not know who I am.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm so triggered that Nexon literally forgot that NPC's shouldn't remember us or they decided to ignore that fact and go along with their new stories where NPC's now happen to somehow know and remember who we are and what we even did.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    f9cd8013d0759133e47a5d223bf3924f97f24d474164b8b3fc8fc12c739dae30.jpg
  • Karin_TaoriKarin_Taori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm so triggered that Nexon literally forgot that NPC's shouldn't remember us or they decided to ignore that fact and go along with their new stories where NPC's now happen to somehow know and remember who we are and what we even did.

I always chalked it up to how The Milletian is becoming more proficient with interacting and manipulating the soul stream. (being able to create a bag of holding from the soul stream itself, apparently 'rebirthing' other people as milletians ala Sera/Laighleanne and William - and for comedy prince Tuan was a 'first try' that ended up with strange results, on top of that a number of other minor details.) Another example is how Shakespeare was able to basically steal peoples souls into his writing and then use the body left behind, and he's a number of years older than the milletian. it's somewhat similar - albeit in reverse - of the creation process used for Laighleanne and Will. (injecting souls into a newly made body, rather than ejecting from the current body)

Plus as a story writer it would be a bit hard to write a cohesive story if literally everyone you meet constantly forgets you - you basically have no actual reputation of your own and people would likely scoff at you if you claim who you say you are. People can be stubborn about their own opinions and continue to doubt you even with hard, irrefutable evidence. (one need only look at issues surrounding the real world to see that.) basically think if lea and han solo forgot about luke every time they looked away from him and then asked him what the in the world is someone from tatooine doing in the rebel base carrying a lightsaber.
    WolfandWolfWolfsingerstomei97
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Some npcs always remember you.
    Caravan Joes, Rush of Love NPC(s), and others.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited January 14, 2019

I always chalked it up to how The Milletian is becoming more proficient with interacting and manipulating the soul stream. (being able to create a bag of holding from the soul stream itself, apparently 'rebirthing' other people as milletians ala Sera/Laighleanne and William - and for comedy prince Tuan was a 'first try' that ended up with strange results, on top of that a number of other minor details.) Another example is how Shakespeare was able to basically steal peoples souls into his writing and then use the body left behind, and he's a number of years older than the milletian. it's somewhat similar - albeit in reverse - of the creation process used for Laighleanne and Will. (injecting souls into a newly made body, rather than ejecting from the current body)

Plus as a story writer it would be a bit hard to write a cohesive story if literally everyone you meet constantly forgets you - you basically have no actual reputation of your own and people would likely scoff at you if you claim who you say you are. People can be stubborn about their own opinions and continue to doubt you even with hard, irrefutable evidence. (one need only look at issues surrounding the real world to see that.) basically think if lea and han solo forgot about luke every time they looked away from him and then asked him what the in the world is someone from tatooine doing in the rebel base carrying a lightsaber.

Just sidetracking for a minute, but have you read the Map to Everywhere, by any chance? One of the main characters actually has to put up with that every darn time. It's handled pretty well and a pretty good series too in my opinion.
    WolfandWolf